News Destination D23 2023

SplashJacket

No commitment to add capacity or address the cross town competition In any way.

I’m just a fan…and I somehow find that “problematic”
Took the words out of my mouth.

How underwhelming.
You can’t compete with Epic Universe at open.

Having expansions open alongside Epic Universe is silly. If you add a land to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, what’s stopping someone from going to each of those parks and then also Epic?

I think the best economic strategy is to let Epic do It’s thing for the first year-or-so until hype dies down, and then to expand yourself. While the hype train is rolling for Epic, I don’t think it’s necessarily the best idea to bring all the die-hard Disney fans that chase expansion to Orlando, because the shiny new toy down the street might actually entice them to go to a fantastic new park, and experience all that Universal has to offer (which may change their long-term consumer habits).

Let Universal have their win, and once they get it (and hopefully expands the overall theme park consumer base), Disney should swipe in with expansions in 2026, 2027, 2028, etc.

Personally, I’m not holding my breath for what Disney is going to do, because I have Universal’s shiny new toy(s) on the way, but what Disney is trending towards, makes me optimistic despite all the cynicism.

Brian

You can’t compete with Epic Universe at open.

Having expansions open alongside Epic Universe is silly. If you add a land to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, what’s stopping someone from going to each of those parks and then also Epic?

I think the best economic strategy is to let Epic do It’s thing for the first year-or-so until hype dies down, and then to expand yourself. While the hype train is rolling for Epic, I don’t think it’s necessarily the best idea to bring all the die-hard Disney fans that chase expansion to Orlando, because the shiny new toy down the street might actually entice them to go to a fantastic new park, and experience all that Universal has to offer (which may change their long-term consumer habits).

Let Universal have their win, and once they get it (and hopefully expands the overall theme park consumer base), Disney should swipe in with expansions in 2026, 2027, 2028, etc.

Personally, I’m not holding my breath for what Disney is going to do, because I have Universal’s shiny new toy(s) on the way, but what Disney is trending towards, makes me optimistic despite all the cynicism.
The problem is that many, including inside Disney, expect Epic Universe to lead to increased attendance at MK at the same time. While they can get by without it, it would be ideal to have some additional capacity added in time for EU.

Figments Friend

Quick shot I took during the ‘Figzilla Part 2’ reveal finale….here at the Contemporary.

IMG_1880.jpeg

celluloid

The problem is that many, including inside Disney, expect Epic Universe to lead to increased attendance at MK at the same time. While they can get by without it, it would be ideal to have some additional capacity added in time for EU.

The real issue is sometimes it won't, but even bigger. It gets more people staying onsite at Univerasl.

There is a reason they have built up so many hotels while also adding their theme and water park.

MK may still get day out of people, but the numbers to DAK and EPCOT/HS are going to drop.

Per Guest Spending...forget about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom