News Destination D23 2023

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agree you're a tough critic. Disney needs tough critics because the recent track record has been mixed.

Tinkering is an improvement, even if only incremental. Country Bears, as much I enjoy it, is an afterthought to most guests. Test Track has been a thumb in the eye to many fans so they're at least acknowledging out and making changes. Would agree that HBG doesn't move the needle and that there's been wayyyy to much attention for one added effect.

It doesn't matter if the "blue sky" projects are officially committed or not. Stuff is officially announced and pulled back all the time, like much of EPCOT. All I care about right now is confirmation that stuff is moving forward, and, imo, that was confirmed.
No commitment to add capacity or address the cross town competition In any way.

I’m just a fan…and I somehow find that “problematic”

celluloid

Indiana Jones is good and Zootopia isn’t. Frankly, DAK should just be completely retheme to Indiana Jones.

The entire park to Indy. The property that is only fading. That sounds reasonable.
I am not for Zootopia either. But we get it shoehorned the same way Indy will be. Without making much sense to the central identity.
Indy has ruins and they thought...sure. There are already cultural ruins in the animal park.

Zootopia in the giant tree. Not sure how that even makes sense to anyone.

Operationally Speaking:
Dino closed for Indy, Bug closed for Zootopia and something in Avatar closed for its first big Maintenace necessary while Kali is down and some other ride experiences technical difficulties will be a fantastic set of months to a year at Animal Kingdom.

Geesh, not only did Disney just solidify Universal looking great, but enhanced Sea World and Busch Gardens Tampa as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Magic Kingdom
  • Beyond Big Mountain expansion still in blue sky phase, with previous ideas not even re-mentioned. But it will be as big as Avatar or Batuu in scope.
  • Country Bears sing Disney tunes
  • Hatbox Ghost -- late November
  • New POTC tavern

EPCOT
  • World Celebration finished in December.
  • Journey of Water opening Oct 16.
  • Moana M&G starts Oct 16 (across from JoW entrance)
  • Figment M&G starts tomorrow, Sep 10
  • New Fireworks show called Luminous, Dec 5 debut
  • Test Track rethemed with Chevrolet, callback to World of Motion.

Animal Kingdom
  • It's Tough to Be a Bug rethemed to Zootopia (with Hunthauser AA somewhere)
    • Dinoland rethemed to Tropical Americas, includes
    • Encanto
  • DINOSAUR rethemed to Indy (story unknown)

DHS
  • Ashoka coming to Star Tours next year.

Other
  • New Asial-located cruise ship named Adventure, no date
  • New Disney Island, Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point still underway, no date
  • Fantasy Springs, Tokyo to open in 2024
  • Frozen land, Paris, no date
  • Frozen land, Hong Kong, this Nov, 2023
  • Zootopia land, Shanghai in development, no date
  • California Adventure: The King Thanos E-Ticket in Avenger Campus is still on
  • Asha from Wish M&G in several parks on the way
Now that it’s laid out…

…still seems like Jack in the USA🤔

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I was not referring to increasing current capacity utilization, have they announced any incremental new attractions that would increase today’s current capacity?
The only thing that could potentially increase capacity at WDW is the BeyondThunder *Blue Sky* "announcement."

Everything else is a reskin/retheme/redo.

And while I will take any extra capacity they are offering (kind offering something that might happen at some point in maybe the next decade or so?), it is malpractice not to increase capacity at MGM or AK!

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Now that it’s laid out…

…still seems like Jack in the USA🤔
Why waste the effort when their just going to package the parks up to sell off.

See Ya Do Not Want GIF by reactionseditor

celluloid

The only thing that could potentially increase capacity at WDW is the BeyondThunder *Blue Sky* "announcement."

Everything else is a reskin/retheme/redo.

And while I will take any extra capacity they are offering (kind offering something that might happen at some point in maybe the next decade or so?), it is malpractice not to increase capacity at MGM or AK!

Not really if we lose Tom Sawyer for it.

Clopin Trouillefou

I'm absolutely thrilled about the animal kingdom plan if they stick to that, zootopia as a traverse-the-planet movie is infinitely better than whatever was going into dinosaur, and getting a south America (ish) land is as exciting as anything they've announced since Star wars. I'm... Happy? Happy!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
But why can't they just fix Dinosaur and build the excavator coaster? Boneyard is always great for kids. I miss original ideas/themed areas/attractions, not forced IP. They could make an epic dinoland area if they wanted to. Sad thing is they don't want to :(
Bingo. It’s sad. A dinosaur area could be amazing if they did it right and they already have the skeleton for it but choose to I guess go a diverse route

wdwfan22

I'm also good with the Animal Kingdom direction. It's Tough to Be a Bug needs replacing. I'm also glad Zootopia isn't getting a land at Animal Kingdom. Indy has always been the major contender for replacing Dinosaur. It looks like they know using the Indy theme will bring much needed life into that area. I'm also okay with Encanto being purposed for Animal Kingdom. I didn't think behind Thunder would have been a good fit.

nickys

Premium Member
Magic Kingdom
  • Beyond Big Mountain expansion still in blue sky phase, with previous ideas not even re-mentioned. But it will be as big as Avatar or Batuu in scope.
  • Country Bears sing Disney tunes
  • Hatbox Ghost -- late November
  • New POTC tavern
  • Brief mentioned that TBA is still underway here and at DL.

EPCOT
  • World Celebration finished in December.
  • Journey of Water opening Oct 16.
  • Moana M&G starts Oct 16 (across from JoW entrance)
  • Figment M&G starts tomorrow, Sep 10
  • New Fireworks show called Luminous, Dec 5 debut
  • Test Track rethemed with Chevrolet, callback to World of Motion.

Animal Kingdom
  • It's Tough to Be a Bug rethemed to Zootopia (with Hunthauser AA somewhere)
    • Dinoland rethemed to Tropical Americas
    • Encanto
  • DINOSAUR rethemed to Indy (story unknown)

DHS
  • Ashoka coming to Star Tours -- 2024

Other
  • New Asial-located cruise ship named Adventure, no date
  • New Disney Island, Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point still underway, no date
  • Fantasy Springs, Tokyo to open in 2024
  • Frozen land, Paris, no date
  • Frozen land, Hong Kong, this Nov, 2023
  • Zootopia land, Shanghai in development, no date
  • California Adventure: The King Thanos E-Ticket in Avenger Campus is still on
  • Asha from Wish M&G in several parks on the way
I think they also said Tangled land at DLP. Not sure if they will open both this and Arendelle together or separately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom