News Destination D23 2023

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
A reminder: Indy was a $350 million dollar loss/disaster that ended the franchise

So ask yourself: does it REALLY makesense to reskin a 25 year old ride with the 30 year old version of it?

What the IP angle for the king of buy?

…use what is available and draw the most likely conclusion
They’re going to spend $100m to de age Harrison Ford at age 123 if this thing actually debuts?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
D23 2024

August 9 - 11
Hopefully it will feature this:
1694271749546.jpeg

Consumer

A reminder: Indy was a $350 million dollar loss/disaster that ended the franchise

So ask yourself: does it REALLY makesense to reskin a 25 year old ride with the 30 year old version of it?

What the IP angle for the king of buy?

…use what is available and draw the most likely conclusion
Indiana Jones Adventure is the greatest attraction WDI has ever made (when it’s working). Bringing over a new version of it to DAK would be perfection. They can have the MacGuffin be some kind of dinosaur fossil to help keep the animal theme. Or just clone Crystal Skull from Tokyo sine it already has a South America theme. Either way, there’s a ton of potential with replacing Dinosaur with Indiana Jones and I hope it actually does happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Indiana Jones Adventure is the greatest attraction WDI has ever made (when it’s working). Bringing over a new version of it to DAK would be perfection. They can have the MacGuffin be some kind of dinosaur fossil to help keep the animal theme. Or just clone Crystal Skull from Tokyo sine it already has a South America theme. Either way, there’s a ton of potential with replacing Dinosaur with Indiana Jones and I hope it actually does happen.
Hmmm

It’s not…though I enjoy it

You’re wrong about the franchise

Drink the sand.

celluloid

How does that connect to the actual park?

And is that where you see Disney park now?

Cloning what their greatest attraction opening was 30 years ago? Only because the bones are the same. Do you trust modern retheming Disney to put as much detail as the others and to keep it as maintained, as you said, when it is working it is great.

Zootopia was a thought and you know Bob said "Well, reskinning this would be cheaper and that movie is in the works."

bmr1591

They still don’t get how bad we need to ADD NEW ATTRACTIONS but they always look for redoing existing ones because it’s cheaper. Yet doesn’t expand offerings and spread crowds

Redoing Dinoland actually does expand offerings and spread crowds. Same with ITTBAB. They’re unpopular. Making them worth going to immediately spreads people out and expands the park without actual expansion.

Consumer

How does that connect to the actual park?

And is that where you see Disney park now?

Cloning what their greatest attraction opening was 30 years ago? Only because the bones are the same. Do you trust modern retheming Disney to put as much detail as the others and to keep it as maintained, as you said, when it is working it is great.

Zootopia was a thought and you know Bob said "Well, reskinning this would be cheaper and that movie is in the works."
Indiana Jones is good and Zootopia isn’t. Frankly, DAK should just be completely retheme to Indiana Jones.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I saw all replacements that involve minor tinkering and a non-committal that has a decent change to turning out a hoax?

…but I tend to be a tough critic. 😎
Agree you're a tough critic. Disney needs tough critics because the recent track record has been mixed.

Tinkering is an improvement, even if only incremental. Country Bears, as much I enjoy it, is an afterthought to most guests. Test Track has been a thumb in the eye to many fans so they're at least acknowledging out and making changes. Would agree that HBG doesn't move the needle and that there's been wayyyy to much attention for one added effect.

It doesn't matter if the "blue sky" projects are officially committed or not. Stuff is officially announced and pulled back all the time, like much of EPCOT. All I care about right now is confirmation that stuff is moving forward, and, imo, that was confirmed.

SplashJacket

THANK YOU!!!

I would love if dinosaur was twice as good as it was, but it’s a mediocre-decent attraction. With Indy, we are guaranteed one of the best rides of the world.

celluloid

CBJ redone with a Disney song show is not the counter to what Universal doing I expected in the same timeline either.

Dreamworks area will have new elements and venues among the retehmed.

CBJ seems like it will be designed to hold an audience and preshow for awhile while Tiana is in virtual queue.

EPIC Universe and Poseidon's Fury Replacement will be better news yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Redoing Dinoland actually does expand offerings and spread crowds. Same with ITTBAB. They’re unpopular. Making them worth going to immediately spreads people out and expands the park without actual expansion.
You need Seats for the butts.

Period. Stop.

If the goal is satisfied customers. If that is not the goal…then it’s a different set of “options”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Magic Kingdom
  • Beyond Big Mountain expansion still in blue sky phase, with previous ideas not even re-mentioned. But it will be as big as Avatar or Batuu in scope.
  • Country Bears sing Disney tunes
  • Hatbox Ghost -- late November
  • New POTC tavern
  • Brief mentioned that TBA is still underway here and at DL.

EPCOT
  • World Celebration finished in December.
  • Journey of Water opening Oct 16.
  • Moana M&G starts Oct 16 (across from JoW entrance)
  • Figment M&G starts tomorrow, Sep 10
  • New Fireworks show called Luminous, Dec 5 debut
  • Test Track rethemed with Chevrolet, callback to World of Motion.
  • Soarin' Around the World reverting back to Soarin' Over California for a limited time, starts Sep 22.

Animal Kingdom
  • It's Tough to Be a Bug rethemed to Zootopia (with Hunthauser AA somewhere)
  • Dinoland rethemed to Tropical Americas and will include:
    • Encanto
    • DINOSAUR rethemed to Indy (story unknown)

DHS
  • Ashoka coming to Star Tours -- Spring 2024

Other
  • New Asial-located cruise ship named Adventure, no date
  • New Disney Island, Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point still underway, no date
  • Fantasy Springs, Tokyo to open in 2024
  • Frozen land and Tangled land, Paris, no date
  • Frozen land, Hong Kong, this Nov, 2023
  • Zootopia land, Shanghai in development, no date
  • California Adventure: The King Thanos E-Ticket in Avenger Campus is still on
  • Asha from Wish M&G in several parks on the way

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom