Demolition of Cantina begins Jan 4

Dj Corona

"Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should probably find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder."......

Just thought I'd continue the Anchorman portion of the thread:D...Hopefully, and as already stated/requested/etc...The new site will be Illumanations viewing friendly, as well as taste-bud friendly. Although generic, (and often closed), I have enjoyed El Pirata Y El Perico in Adventureland in the past, and hope the new spot will have something similar-wise....

DiPSU224

Fine with me. I have no problem shelling out a little coin to avoid having to deal with last minute spot jumpers during Illuminations.

Same here. No problem paying a little extra $$ to avoid having to sit 90 mins ahead of time to get a good spot, only to lose it to someone who pushes their way in 3 minutes before show time.

Will miss the old Cantina though. We have eaten there on just about every trip. I will not miss those birds though...they scared the crap out of me and we always found the one table with kids next to it who insisted upon feeding them....

Can't wait to try the new building.

EPCOT Explorer

I walked past the site last night around 11:30PM and there was nothing left but a bulldozer on top of the rubble. The new venue is stated to seat 400.
Wow. Pretty quick. And it's going to take up a ton of room, I think. Guess the beach is going away.

The new menu includes Tacos al Weiss.

:)
Ew.
Plenty of room for premium (priced) Illuminations viewing.

Coming soon.

With food, or without? All depends on that. Rose and Crown has that, too, and I used it to my advantage.

(And as long as the bridge is still free for a non R/C night, I'm fine. )

Really?

Really? Really?? Why would you even wait 30 seconds much less PAY to watch the DECADE old Illuminations with the same soundtrack and a slightly reworked show? That thing is so tired it hurts.

Man I have to hand it to the D...because they sucker so many people everyday into thinking things are new, original, and worth the high price they're paying. Capitalism at it's best.

Testtrack321

Fine with me. I have no problem shelling out a little coin to avoid having to deal with last minute spot jumpers during Illuminations.

Which is fine, but how many places now do some sort of desert, dinner, or groups only thing for Illuminations, places that used to be open to the public? Seems like more and more places that used to be "free" are being taken up and pushed out as pay sites.

MKCP 1985

Really? Really?? Why would you even wait 30 seconds much less PAY to watch the DECADE old Illuminations with the same soundtrack and a slightly reworked show? That thing is so tired it hurts.

Man I have to hand it to the D...because they sucker so many people everyday into thinking things are new, original, and worth the high price they're paying. Capitalism at it's best.

^^
Truth

Imagine if all the restaurants and quasi-restaurants (ice cream and bakery) on Main Street USA started roping off areas for viewing Wishes and/or SpectroMagic and charging people to watch from their locations. :brick:

Somehow it is okay at Epcot. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

^^
Truth

Imagine if all the restaurants and quasi-restaurants (ice cream and bakery) on Main Street USA started roping off areas for viewing Wishes and/or SpectroMagic and charging people to watch from their locations. :brick:

Somehow it is okay at Epcot. :shrug:

Well, they do have it for the Wishes dessert party. :lol:

But yes, I too, have to question why it's OK in EPCOT...It is the "locals" park, after all.

bingie

If Italy is getting a Pizzeria that will leave Canada as the only pavilion with out a quick service offering. We used to tell guests who couldnt eat at le cellier that 'every country around the showcase has a quick service offering except us and Italy...'

Canada has the refreshment port - albeit far away - it is part of Canada. At one point in time, it was staffed by canadians as well.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Which is fine, but how many places now do some sort of desert, dinner, or groups only thing for Illuminations, places that used to be open to the public? Seems like more and more places that used to be "free" are being taken up and pushed out as pay sites.
Off the top of my head 2 and both are open to the public if there is no group function. Personally I would have no problem with a couple of places reserved soley this. Waiting for illuminations or any show for that matter is a huge pain. Add kids and rude guests into the mix and it becomes even more of a problem. Right now we don't even bother with illuminations unless we have a R&C ADR. For me it is worth the extra cash to be able to show up 10-20 minutes prior to show time and not to have to deal with all that crap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom