Demolition of Cantina begins Jan 4

RiversideBunny

It sounds like maybe they decided that San Angel Inn dining did not have enough capacity and there was no way to expand inside so they are expanding the Cantina instead.
If so that would mean that the menu at the Cantina may be upgraded to include full meals.

:)

Main Street USA

I know some have said that this is another way for WDW to nickel and dime people, and I suppose I can't disagree, however....

...I can see myself paying the premium if it includes food and a reserved spot for viewing, especially if it's going to be as nice as it seems it will be. This will be a seriously amazing spot to watch the show, and I think it beats having people camp out there 3 or 4 hours ahead of time, taking up seats for people that are trying to eat, etc.

Main Street USA

You're right, Philharmagician. People can pay to stand in a smaller area crowded with people who paid to get away from the crowds when in fact they are actually in a crowd. It's kind of amusing that the people who pay for that right think they're getting some sort of privalege that's unique and special because they're 12 feet away with a cookie in the hand.

And you're right, I don't have to go...I don't have to pay either...and I don't. I get in, enjoy the attractions, laugh at the amateurs who think they know something about the park, eat in World Showcase and spend less than $30 and you know what they welcome me back at work the next day.
Ha, you're pretty unhappy guy, eh?

Those people DO get something extra. A great spot, likely a little snack, and most importantly, time. While you sit and wait, the rest of us that want to spend a few extra bucks will be doing all of the things you said you go to the parks to do. You sit next to a railing on the ground, and we'll ride rides, maybe grab a beer, take in a show. Meanwhile, you're still sitting. Ha...funny you don't get this. You call people "suckers." Priceless.

You don't want it? Bye. Go stand somewhere else. Yoda, the others, and I will smile and enjoy the show from our premium spot...with munchies.

EPCOT Explorer

I have seen the proposed blueprints and even some 3D renderings, I think they are trying to capitalize on Illuminations viewing, there is a lot of seating near the sea wall with many different windows and it looks like a lot of viewing area. The only obstructed view will be behind torch #2.

Most will be indoors but there will be covered outdoor seating also. In fact, the outdoor seating will be further out in the lagoon like an extended pier and there will be a second story for dining also.

Two stories? Wow. Interesting...I REALLY hope it doesn't block the main pavilion/pyramid.

mickey2008.1

havent been here in a month, but wow the hostility. im with main street. id pay for it too! it's hard to get good viewing with a margarita right around the corner, or cervesa. I do hope the food changes, as i have been to real mexico a few times, real mexican is pretty weak, but its the add ons that make it really spicy, the best of both worlds for everyone. It definitely has the best viewing besides the special seating parties which i can never get. rose and crown good viewing. but there is something about mexico. two stories, would be great. its not like you can see roe from the pyramid. And anyways, when your in france or the walkway to england, the cantina never blocked its view or great pictures.

DiPSU224

Ha, you're pretty unhappy guy, eh?

Those people DO get something extra. A great spot, likely a little snack, and most importantly, time. While you sit and wait, the rest of us that want to spend a few extra bucks will be doing all of the things you said you go to the parks to do. You sit next to a railing on the ground, and we'll ride rides, maybe grab a beer, take in a show. Meanwhile, you're still sitting. Ha...funny you don't get this. You call people "suckers." Priceless.

You don't want it? Bye. Go stand somewhere else. Yoda, the others, and I will smile and enjoy the show from our premium spot...with munchies.

:sohappy: I wanted to respond in the same way, but you did a much better job than I would have.

I don't understand why wanting to pay for convenience makes you a "sucker". I'd much rather spend the time strolling around WS at dusk or enjoying a pastry in France.

Well said MSUSA.

RiversideBunny

Forgetting the Illuminations seating for a minute, it looks like it will be a nice place to sit during the day while eating at Mexico in the Wold Showcase.

The new layout seems very appealling in general.
:)

MythBuster

Original Poster
Two stories? Wow. Interesting...I REALLY hope it doesn't block the main pavilion/pyramid.

It really doesnt look that much higher, the top of the 2nd story is about even with the top of the torch, then they will have a similar temple like before and that will be higher, but I dont think it will affect the sight lines too much, a lot of different separate rooms with a lot of windows.

They have the rooms labeled like Formal Dining, Gran Salon, Pantry Dining, etc. Then they will have the outdoor dining also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom