deleted

fctiger

Really is such a shame we didn't get Car Land. Really the only good parts of Cars Land are Radiator Springs Racers and Flo's V8 Cafe. But Car Land would've had RSR and likely its own diner. It also had the potential for nonCars rides such as Herbie the Love Bug or something akin to World of Motion. Cars Land's good, but Car Land could've been even better.

I prefer Cars Land by a mile personally. I was at that D 23 event where Lasseter laid out the the entire plan for CL and the different iterations it had before settling on the movie. They sounded fine but its more fun to walk into that film for me and I have never seen any of the films. But Radiator Springs has become iconic in itself which is what I like. And if you're a kid who grew up on those movies more so.

But I do think its interesting Disney plans to build more single move lands but so far the only ones that have been completely lifted from the films themselves have been CL and Pandora. Even GE is a completely new area just based around the films.

Ismael Flores

Really is such a shame we didn't get Car Land. Really the only good parts of Cars Land are Radiator Springs Racers and Flo's V8 Cafe. But Car Land would've had RSR and likely its own diner. It also had the potential for nonCars rides such as Herbie the Love Bug or something akin to World of Motion. Cars Land's good, but Car Land could've been even better.

good thing they didn't go with the next idea, it was suppose to have a car ride themed to Goofy on a road trip. Imagine driving around looking at Props of weird signs and buildings as we took a trip through route 66. It looked like a Hybrid of super star limo and the ugly structures they tore out from Paradise Pier lame route 66 section
goofy roadtrip.JPG

It is actually interesting how a lot of the original Car Land made it to the final Carsland. They just did a few modifications and added the CARS props. Since the movie had lots of influence from route 66 the structures are very familiar to what they had thought about doing before CARSland.

Another idea they had that sounded interesting and was explained to me by a WDI i used to commute with consisted of a street with similar buildings and cars scattered around to make it look like they were cruising. At the end of the street was going to be a large showbuilding themed to a race track. The attraction would have guests board the testrack style ride within the race track area and then because of the speed the cars would zoom out over the tracks and zip over part of the street. it was going to be big show building. Eventually the racetrack idea changed to a car shaped mountain and then to the Goofy roadtrip idea which later changed to the Cars idea

TROR

good thing they didn't go with the next idea, it was suppose to have a car ride themed to Goofy on a road trip. Imagine driving around looking at Props of weird signs and buildings as we took a trip through route 66. It looked like a Hybrid of super star limo and the ugly structures they tore out from Paradise Pier lame route 66 sectionView attachment 292488

I love it

Californian Elitist

good thing they didn't go with the next idea, it was suppose to have a car ride themed to Goofy on a road trip. Imagine driving around looking at Props of weird signs and buildings as we took a trip through route 66. It looked like a Hybrid of super star limo and the ugly structures they tore out from Paradise Pier lame route 66 sectionView attachment 292488

It is actually interesting how a lot of the original Car Land made it to the final Carsland. They just did a few modifications and added the CARS props. Since the movie had lots of influence from route 66 the structures are very familiar to what they had thought about doing before CARSland.

Another idea they had that sounded interesting and was explained to me by a WDI i used to commute with consisted of a street with similar buildings and cars scattered around to make it look like they were cruising. At the end of the street was going to be a large showbuilding themed to a race track. The attraction would have guests board the testrack style ride within the race track area and then because of the speed the cars would zoom out over the tracks and zip over part of the street. it was going to be big show building. Eventually the racetrack idea changed to a car shaped mountain and then to the Goofy roadtrip idea which later changed to the Cars idea

This looks better than Cars Land.

Car Land in general was the better idea. But ideas and concepts like that just won’t do for this current wave of Disney.

D.Silentu

I think this well sums up the state of imagineering. You have an idea, but to see it funded you must find a brand that it can embody.

TwilightZone

Was that cut country bears racing ride part of carland at one point? It seems like it would have been a good fit.

Suspirian

A Super Hero Campus concept makes sense with the educational and explorational elements but how does one make it Southern Californian? Setting alone would deem it shallow and meaningless. It's already hinting at being contrived. Although, perhaps they can rectify it by borrowing narrative points from the 1980's West Coast Avengers series. Los Angeles is where the Avengers open up a second base of operations and it could be somewhat of a thoughtful transition from Buena Vista Street. But then there is the conflict with the time periods. These Marvel-esque lands are based from the current, contemporary cinematic universe.

The Getty comes to mind for some reason

DanielBB8

So true! I suppose Pixar Pier could be considered Northern California now that it's basically been rebranded as Pixar-Studio-Land, complete with a "hangout" frequented by Pixar employees.
This will certainly match up better with Paradise Park with Palace of the Fine Arts, the Italian Restaurant with grape vines, and the Pacific Wharf.

Can we say the issue of theming is resolved?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom