December Roll Call

Disneybird

I noticed on one thread that several members are planning trips around the first of Dec.. So who is going and when?

I'm taking my mother for her 80th birthday on Dec. 4th. My siblings are planning a trip then to, but she doesn't know that. Everyone is going to surprise her at breakfast that morning. She thinks it will just be the 2 of us but there will be at least 18 people instead.

I got our reservations at the Contemporary which is her all time favorite. She doesn't know that either.

So who else is going in December?

EvilQueen-T

it's usually a quieter time of year but the value seasons are certainly getting busier each year. i think it mainly depends on if you are there during pop warner week and how willing people are to pull kids out of school to vacation. i guess the biggest difference is the fact that the parks close so much earlier in the winter and if it's a night with the christmas party at mk then the park closes as early as 7pm. it's still my favorite time to go. the weather can bounce from cold/rainy to shorts and tank tops during the same week. we've done the first part of december twice now and it's very manageable. we also did the week of christmas once and the week of the 4th of july once (they say these are probably the two busiest weeks all year) and christmas week was the worst in my opinion. it was more crowded than i've EVER seen it. for instance there was more than a 2 hour wait for the toy story ride at dhs that year.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

it's usually a quieter time of year but the value seasons are certainly getting busier each year. i think it mainly depends on if you are there during pop warner week and how willing people are to pull kids out of school to vacation. i guess the biggest difference is the fact that the parks close so much earlier in the winter and if it's a night with the christmas party at mk then the park closes as early as 7pm. it's still my favorite time to go. the weather can bounce from cold/rainy to shorts and tank tops during the same week. we've done the first part of december twice now and it's very manageable. we also did the week of christmas once and the week of the 4th of july once (they say these are probably the two busiest weeks all year) and christmas week was the worst in my opinion. it was more crowded than i've EVER seen it. for instance there was more than a 2 hour wait for the toy story ride at dhs that year.

That happens on some of the slowest days! :lol:

Upvote 0

TDTink

Me and my parents will be there Dec 6th - 10th at the Wilderness Lodge. Our first time being there during the holidays! Can not waite!:xmas:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We will be there Nov 30th - Dec 7th....haven't told our kids...this will be a surprise Christmas gift for them...will find out the morning we leave....it's so hard keeping it a secret....can't wait!!!:xmas:

I am surprising my son too!!! I am telling him on Thanksgiving day!!! It is an early Christmas gift too!!! We arrive 12/3 and are staying at AKL for 9 whole days!!! Can't wait!!! This secret is eating me apart!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0
Dec 2-11 at POR, my DH and 2 DD and I are counting down the days! We can hardly wait. I have been several times during the Christmas season but it is their first trip. I can't wait to see their faces when they see all the decorations.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

we just added an extra day so we're going nov 29-dec4th staying at pofq...but get to add a little extra pixie dust by going tomorrow just for the MNSSHP. granddaughter won't know until she gets out of school tomorrow (they have friday off for uf homecoming yeah).

Upvote 0
We will be there December 11th - 19th! We are staying off property for the second time (third if you count the last two days of our trip last Christmas) at the wonderful Windsor Hills condo's. We are also doing Uni for 2 days this trip since we have been there since 2001. I'm so excited!!

Upvote 0

stitchsMom

My son and I will be heading down with my cheer team Dec. 29 - Jan. 4! Sad that my Hubby (whom I just married in May at WDW) won't be joining us though as he can't get off of work. Didn't expect to be heading back so soon! But, the team I coach earned the privilege to perform at the New Year's Day Capital One Bowl!! Excited to take the girls -- for most of them this will be their first trip ever to Disney!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom