Death at Driving Experience

mousehockey37

Looking at the news footage it would put the car here..

View attachment 89721

Go back to my video in my post on the 1st page of the thread. Follow the course, at the :49 second mark, if you look off to the right, that's the "access road" with the guard rail in question. The video shows the course. The video from the news station showing the tracks in the grass is wrong, as the car was coming out of a turn and not down the straightaway in typical racing format.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Go back to my video in my post on the 1st page of the thread. Follow the course, at the :49 second mark, if you look off to the right, that's the "access road" with the guard rail in question. The video shows the course. The video from the news station showing the tracks in the grass is wrong, as the car was coming out of a turn and not down the straightaway in typical racing format.

The tracks in the grass might have been from an emergency vehicle.

bferrara16

Pure speculation here, but based on the pictures, the video, and the oddly placed access road, I'm wondering if the driver mistook the access road for the upcoming turn and tried to recover back to the track unsuccessfully. Tragic.

WWWD

Out of curiosity, do any of these cars have dual controls? If I was a professional driver, I don't know if I could just sit there as a tourist drove us around the track at those speeds. I'd want some control in case of an emergency.

Prayers to all those involved.

mousehockey37

Out of curiosity, do any of these cars have dual controls? If I was a professional driver, I don't know if I could just sit there as a tourist drove us around the track at those speeds. I'd want some control in case of an emergency.

Prayers to all those involved.

No. Again, the youtube video posted on the first page shows a multi-cam view of everything. Driver/Passenger, out front window, etc. You can see what the car has in it safety wise as well as you can see the course the way they drive it.

Unfortunately, this isn't like an airplane where there's possibly some time before you hit the ground, going 100+ and possibly losing control coming out of the turn, then speeding up hitting the grass, there's no time to switch over controls to save the car.

TheRabbit

First Paul Walker, now this poor passenger. All the reason why I never let anyone else drive ME, especially in some performance car that they probably can't handle. And if it turns out that the driver was a professional from Richard Petty Experience...then I hope the passengers family sue them till their eyes pop out!

mousehockey37

First Paul Walker, now this poor passenger. All the reason why I never let anyone else drive ME, especially in some performance car that they probably can't handle. And if it turns out that the driver was a professional from Richard Petty Experience...then I hope the passengers family sue them till their eyes pop out!

The pro will do so much and then you can switch. So it may have been the guest driving and the CM in the passenger seat, we don't know yet.

Lamborghini caught on fire?

Doesn't look like it. Just a really freak accident where the driver lost control and an unshielded guard rail impaled the spot where the door hinge would be on the passenger side door...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
very sad :(

I was hoping to get out there and do a lap one day in one of the exotic cars, but I'm guessing they may close it for good now since it was already planned.

PhotoDave219

It was not the Richard Petty Experience.

It was the Exotic Driving Experience.

Totally different thing. Same racetrack tho.

(FHP sent out an email specifically correcting this)

StageFrenzy

The pro will do so much and then you can switch. So it may have been the guest driving and the CM in the passenger seat, we don't know yet.

Doesn't look like it. Just a really freak accident where the driver lost control and an unshielded guard rail impaled the spot where the door hinge would be on the passenger side door...
Lamborghini DIDN'T catch on Fire?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom