Darby in the Magic Kingdom today!

bryPOD

I watched this show the other day while flippen through the channels... It isn't half bad, and she is a hell of alot more entertaining than Christopher Robin ever was...

RiversideBunny

What happened to Christopher Robin?
Did he get too old?

I'm one of those who didn't know who Darby is.
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was Darby O'Gill and the Little People, or Darby's Rangers from WWII fame.

:) :)

(I do know who Rolie Polie Olie is BTW. I have a picture of him from the Studios.)

BeanSz

Thanks for so many great pictures. I showed them to my 3.5 year old who absolutely loves Pooh, and the new show "My Friends Tigger and Pooh".....to quote, "Any Time, Any Place, the Super Slueth's are on the Case". My son has been begging to go back -- he is 3 and has been to WDW twice. He is so excited with your pictures. Thanks for the update.

TravisMT81

I have never heard of this thing before. Except the few children I bet everyone else in the park is asking the same question lol.

ToTBellHop

After seeing the cartoon, I'd expected Darby to be cute, not fat and creepy.

"Hey Darby, you carrying twins?"
it's crazy how young some girls get pregnant these days...use protection, middle schoolers! At least Disney seems to be embracing the 21st century.

trentino

I'm one of those who didn't know who Darby is. When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was Darby O'Gill and the Little People, or Darby's Rangers from WWII fame.

When I saw this thread, I truly was expecting to see a pic of the actress who plays Mrs. Darby in High School Musical walking around the park. Of course, when I went to search for a photo to include in my post I realized the character is Mrs. Darbus not Darby. Been watching too much HSM!!!!

NewfieFan

Thanks for so many great pictures. I showed them to my 3.5 year old who absolutely loves Pooh, and the new show "My Friends Tigger and Pooh".....to quote, "Any Time, Any Place, the Super Slueth's are on the Case". My son has been begging to go back -- he is 3 and has been to WDW twice. He is so excited with your pictures. Thanks for the update.

Yeah, thanks also. I'm going to be showing them to my 4 year old in the morning and I just know he's going to flip. He loves that show (and frankly I like it too - I think it's sweet)! Although, maybe I shouldn't show him the pictures... it's only been recently that he's stopped asking his father if he made enough money to go back to WDW again! When he sees this I'm sure he'll start up again!:)

MrBug

So, uh, what happened to Christopher Robin? (or is that one of those uncomfortable questions we don't ask in public? :lookaroun)

Figment1986

So, uh, what happened to Christopher Robin? (or is that one of those uncomfortable questions we don't ask in public? :lookaroun)

Disney felt he was too old and boyish and wanted to get girls to like the show...
at least thats my feeling, They could always have uncle robin or something to make it a little easier than ignoring him all together completely.

the character looks good, could be better but not bad representation of the character at all.

Shadowdawn

OK first they take away my beloved Mr. Toad for Pooh.

And I forgave them. Sorta.

Now they take away Christopher Robin.

Oh no you didn't.

the-reason14

wow, way to just rid Christopher. I mean cmon I never seen a Christopher Robin character walkin around, and then they come out with this new show and they wanna show the girl. It does look just like her, but how can you just dog chris like that. I remember reading I think on here about them wanting to make christopher a girl but I dont know chris has been there for years.

Champion

Why aren't the people in the UK speaking up about this change?
Where are the purists?

Pooh and his friends originated in the UK didn't they, including Christopher Robin.

:mad:

Too busy moaning about how 1995 Epcot was so great and the wand signified that Disney had become a company full of devil worshipping aliens from the moon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom