Darby in the Magic Kingdom today!

JimboJones123

Jimbo....you're really on a roll! Thanks for sticking up for all the little ones, including my 2 year old son who loves Pooh and enjoys the new Playhouse shows. :wave:

My son's attention to the new Pooh & Friends has increased a bit as they have more musical bits. Also, Darby being younger and smaller is easier for him to relate to. Playhouse Disney is a vary broad style that appeals to the little ones for it's use of color, whimsical music, action, and silliness. Little ones are simpler and innocent in their view of life. It's fun, safe, and slightly educational television for them.

We're going in September and I know my little buddy is going to want to visit Pooh, Tigger, and Darby. How old is Christopher Robin by now...shouldn't he be going away to college soon? :lol: He was part o my generation of Pooh and I did question the entire premise of a skateboarding tomboy when Darby was first announced. Having been open to Disney's intentions, I have to admit Darby is cute, has lot's of qualities that are down to earth for their generation, and in general brings a fresh style to our old friends.

Thanks. I can't understand the rage. Did you know at one time MICKEY had no Donald, Goofy, Chip, or Dale. They were add ons to the franchise. Darby is a great add on. This is actually the best generation of Pooh since The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The animated syndicated show was entertaining, but not as good as this. Later features were like the later features of Charlie Brown -- Throw Away. On to further syndication Pooh Corner was a spin off of Dumbo Circus aimed at the younger audience. This began the gearing of the franchise to babies. With the HUGE success of Pooh as a primarly infant franchise, Book of Pooh was the next progression. It was a turn from kiddie entertainment to edutainment.

The new show My Friends is a great leap forward in both the education department and the entertainment department. It is a much better show than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It is not a direct Dora rip-off like that is. And the kiddos love it and Darby.

Oh and as far as CR going to College -- up until last summer, when was the last decade we heard from Clairabelle or Horace?

Amy_Callaghan

Darby

Hello,

Would it be okay if I sent your picture of Darby to my friend Sue, she has a character website, you'd be given full credit for the photo.
Please let me know if this is okay?
Thanks so much,
Amy

PeeplMoovr

After learning about this turn of events, I wish it was Darby O'Gill instead. He could be walking around Raglan Road pouring pints of Guinness down my throat to make me forget Christopher Robin's been replaced. :lol:

diddy_mouse

Okay, I am a little sad to know that Christopher Robin won't be hanging around WDW anymore with Pooh and the gang. But I do think Darby is kinda of a cute character. :lookaroun

Dragonrider1227

You know, I don't really think much of this character, but in the long run, I doubt the REAL Christopher Robin would really care :lol: I do find it odd that Darby got a character greet while I don't think Christopher ever did

Christopher Robin is just the latest in a string of murders perpetrated by Pooh. He's knocked off Mr. Toad, Capt. Nemo and the crew of the Nautilus, and now Christopher Robin. That's quite a record for a "Bear of very Little Brain"! To avoid the "Bother", he hired the weasels to do in Toady, and later turned state's evidence and entered the "witness protection program". He's now hiding in the 100-Acre Wood living under the name of "Sanders"! :animwink:

JimboJones123

Christopher Robin is just the latest in a string of murders perpetrated by Pooh. He's knocked off Mr. Toad, Capt. Nemo and the crew of the Nautilus, and now Christopher Robin. That's quite a record for a "Bear of very Little Brain"! To avoid the "Bother", he hired the weasels to do in Toady, and later turned state's evidence and entered the "witness protection program". He's now hiding in the 100-Acre Wood living under the name of "Sanders"! :animwink:
I always heard that Sanders was kind of like an "Agent Johnson" type name in the Hundred Acre Wood.

djkidkaz

Disney is pushing Darby O'Gill and the Little People again? Can anyone say "Character Breakfast"?!

Darby%20O'Gill%20-%20Better%20than%20seeing%20pink%20elephants,%20I%20guess%20(350w).jpg

DznyChick

Awww...I think she's adorable! I'm excited to see her around. Does the upcoming rehab of the playground have to do with her? Thanks for the great pics, Kat! :wave:

DisneyBuffinDE

I just showed my 3 year old the pics and he said he can't wait to go next year. I'm going with just DH in October for our anniv. but we are going next year with the kids and I hope a bunch of the family. :sohappy:

BeanSz

My kids love it too. I always say, Disney has something for everyone, all age groups Disney traditionalist and those that like to see the parks evolve and change with times while maintain their culture and identity and being true to their roots. My sons are so excited to see Darby as they really like the new show with Darby (as well as the older Pooh cartoons). My 3 yr old does say, however, that Christopher Robin is Pooh's Best Friend.

DisneyWood

Disney is pushing Darby O'Gill and the Little People again? Can anyone say "Character Breakfast"?!

Darby%20O'Gill%20-%20Better%20than%20seeing%20pink%20elephants,%20I%20guess%20(350w).jpg

No that is funny. Character breakfast w/ Darby O'Gill & the little people. How could they pull that off? I am sure that they would find a way to do it, but would anyone these days even know this film? I immediately thought of this film after reading the post. I was thinking, hey, I know this film. But to my surprise, I actually had no idea what they were talking about. I had no idea who this Darby was, or did I know that she was related to Christopher Robin.

Funny post though. I just had to comment.

A little off the subject, but does anyone remember "Condorman"?

Churro_Jet

haha, nice. The playhouse disney characters [ like Darby and the little Einsteins, etc ] are all in the restaraunt in MGM called Hollywood&Vine, right next to the 50's Prime Time cafe :D..So maybe you will be ableto find her there. GREAT PICS :D.

NewfieFan

haha, nice. The playhouse disney characters [ like Darby and the little Einsteins, etc ] are all in the restaraunt in MGM called Hollywood&Vine, right next to the 50's Prime Time cafe :D..So maybe you will be ableto find her there. GREAT PICS :D.
Is Darby at "Play 'n Dine" in the Hollywood & Vine? I was at this character meal this past June and the characters were Jojo & Goliath (from "Jojo's Circus") and Leo & June (from the "Little Einsteins"). My son would love to see Darby next time.

JimboJones123

No that is funny. Character breakfast w/ Darby O'Gill & the little people. How could they pull that off? I am sure that they would find a way to do it, but would anyone these days even know this film? I immediately thought of this film after reading the post. I was thinking, hey, I know this film. But to my surprise, I actually had no idea what they were talking about. I had no idea who this Darby was, or did I know that she was related to Christopher Robin.

Funny post though. I just had to comment.

A little off the subject, but does anyone remember "Condorman"?
No, but I do remember Scarecrow, scared the BeJebus out of me as a kiddo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom