dandaman Reloaded: 8/22-9/2

Hiya, folks! I just got back from an awesome trip to the World… and then some! I have school starting tomorrow, so excuse any possible delays on posting. Today, I don’t think I’ll even get to WDW with the updates! I’ll writethe report, then put the pictures with captions in the second half.

On with the show!

Day 1: Virginia Company

My family and I woke up around 5 a.m., though truth be told, I doubt anyone got much sleep. We loaded up the car (I think my dad would do wonders playing Tetris…), and left the house about 8 in the morning.

Gee, after that last paragraph, we’re REALLY off to an interesting start.

Anyway, I don’t suppose there’s much to say about today. A few notes from what I recall:

- For some reason, Mapquest had us cut clear across Ohio’s heartland to West Virginia, instead of taking the Turnpike to I-77 at Cleveland. However, it was actually a lot more interesting to drive that way, as there was a lot of different scenery changes I didn’t expect.

- Ate at “the ol’ standby”, Steak ‘n Shake, just before Columbus. The first time we ate here was just outside WDW almost 6 years ago, and I’ve loved it ever since. P.S. To the servers: Is it really that weird to order a Side-By-Side shake with chocolate mint and orange Freeze?… :lookaroun

- Just before hitting West Virginia, there were some really spectacular clouds overhead. It made the scenery look close to perfect.

- We finally arrived in Beckley, WV, around 4 p.m., and did a bit o’ shopping… well, kinda. The family did shopping, while I played some songs on some $25000 digital piano. I was amused, if not briefly. :D

“Ze Photos”

Either those are the weirdest clouds I’ve ever seen, or a thousand jets streaked across the sky without me knowing.

IMG_0415.jpg

If only I’d put the camera settings to 1024x768 instead of the lowest resolution.

IMG_0427.jpg

Ooh, the Ohio River… no one’s EVER seen this shot before.
IMG_0434.jpg

Welcome to redneck country!
IMG_0435.jpg

OMG! They painted the Capitol Building GOLD!

IMG_0456.jpg

…And that’s it for the pics today. Not much you can do sitting around in the car for 8 hours.

Tomorrow, we visit North and South Carolina! (*holds cue card* “Ooh, aah!”)​

maggiegrace1

THANKS Danny!!!!!

YAY..Will you please go with Me on my next WDW vacation....
I would have sooooooooooo much fun.
I will also pay for it...:)

YAY!!!!...

Im serious...:):)

Aladdin?

Got a good photo from Frontierland.

IMG_1036.jpg

Regrettably (especially for Bunny…), no food photos at Crystal Palace. Sorry! I was trying to conserve battery power, it was pretty low.

My night photos aren’t all that great without the flash (what a concept), but I’ll share them anyway.

IMG_1047.jpg

This (rather blurry) picture is the first in the series entitled, “Sea of Humanity”.

IMG_1049.jpg

Hey, my firework pictures might not be clear, but they’re still cool in their own right.

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

My final picture of the night is of the best Jungle Cruise skipper EVER: James!

IMG_1052.jpg

Here’s the story: it was Extra Magic Hours that night, so we rode Jungle Cruise as usual. However, skipper James was on his game the whole cruise, and was so incredibly funny. Sure, he had the typical cheesy jokes, but there was so much more. A couple that stand out for me:

*sailing past the pythons*

“…Oh my gosh! Everyone lean to the right! SNAKES ON A BOAT!! Samuel L. Jackson, WHERE ARE YOU?!… Heh, that’d be kinda funny if Sam just raises his hand back there, ‘I’m over here, James!’”

*going past lion/zebra scene*

“Aww, look, they’re helping to clean up the zebra, and letting it sleep!”

James was probably my favourite Cast Member of the trip.

All right, I’m finally done for today! That whole update took me about 3 hours to complete… but I hope it’s worth it.

Tomorrow, the Disney MGM Studios!

Well,thanks I have a fan.....Yeppers its James your amazing skipper..Thanks alot,I really appreciate what you typed.

Catch you in the Jungle,

James

nibblesandbits

unkadug said:
BTW-it never fails, no matter where you go you will always run into people that you know.

Gotta agree! When I went down to Disney last year...I not only saw someone I knew at the airport on the way down there...but while I was in DisneyQuest, I ran into someone that was in one of my previous college classes! :lol:

nibblesandbits

Danny!!! Thank you so much for the TR! Next time I go down, I'll just have you do my TR for me. (Payment of a dozen licked cookies is in your future! :lookaroun)

dandaman

Original Poster
You neglected to mention "and she's incredibly cute"! :lookaroun

Of course, all Canadian girls are, aren't they? :lol:

Eh. The ones at my high school are mostly "putting themselves out there", and frankly I don't care for it.

She's genuinely cute, though, and I'm sure that north of the 45th everything is prettier. :lol:

THANKS Danny!!!!!

YAY..Will you please go with Me on my next WDW vacation....
I would have sooooooooooo much fun.
I will also pay for it...:)

YAY!!!!...

Im serious...

Like I said... if you fund it. :lookaroun

You were smart not to make the turn.

Maybe so...

Smart, maybe. . .
But he might have come bearing souvenirs!
Or ice cream!

I don't think a Mickey bar would have survived in its package... and I've already posted that trying to save a Dole Whip for longer than 30 seconds is a lost cause. :lol:

Daniel, thank you so much!
This was a truly great trip report!
So much fun!

:kiss:

(And I think it's a bit obvious I was thinking of you when I took the ice cream pics :lol: )

I'll go with you, Dana, if Danny can't make it.

Don't worry, I'll be there to save you the trouble. :lookaroun

(Payment of a dozen licked cookies is in your future!)

Um... yay? :lookaroun

dandaman

Original Poster
Well,thanks I have a fan.....Yeppers its James your amazing skipper..Thanks alot,I really appreciate what you typed.

Catch you in the Jungle,

James

I isolated this just because it deserves special mention... this guy has GOT to be the best skipper ever. :D

Thanks so much again, James!

DisneyBunny

…But no matter! I’ll just go visit that Tin Toy Stories exhibit.

Now, I could’ve sworn this used to be SOMEONE’S avatar… though the name escapes me.

IMG_1357.jpg

Hmmm... now where have I seen that before...? :veryconfu

:lookaroun

Great food pics... Mmmm...Steak... So are you now converted? To Le Cellier being the best?

But you didn't ride the monorail? That's Scarelidge! I'm dedicating an entire day to that our next trip!

disneygirl1

Danny, GREAT trip report. It may just be one of the most enjoyable reports I have read in a long time. Glad you had such a great time!!! :slurp:

dandaman

Original Poster
wow...your pictures are awesome. thanks for sharing =]

Very obvious. . . and so very thoughtful of you!
Thanks again! :kiss:

Danny, GREAT trip report. It may just be one of the most enjoyable reports I have read in a long time. Glad you had such a great time!!! :slurp:

Thanks all :wave:

Hmmm... now where have I seen that before...? :veryconfu

:lookaroun

Great food pics... Mmmm...Steak... So are you now converted? To Le Cellier being the best?

But you didn't ride the monorail? That's Scarelidge! I'm dedicating an entire day to that our next trip!

Yeah, Le Cellier ties Concourse, if not 1st place on my list. :D

And yeah, I know, I know. It's sacrilege, BTW :lookaroun

cpcpjfan

One of the most entertaining reports ever. Thanks for all the great details and especially the well thought out captions that were included with the pictures.

dandaman

Original Poster
:sohappy: Yea!! Pocket lint, and it's all mine!!

Thanks for the ever-entertaining TR, Danny! I can only hope that mine is half as good as yours.

Confession: I didn't really have a year's supply of pocket lint. :lookaroun But you get the satisfaction of knowing you won it!

All right, folks... getting the Teppanyaki videos up is, for some strange reason, not working for me on Photobucket, Google Video or Youtube. The Internets are stupid. ;) :lol:

Thanks again for traipsing through my photos :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom