DAK Needs More Than Blue Aliens

CDavid

My top 10 wish list for additions to AK (I can dream, right?????):

1. Mystic Manor, restaurant, and shops
2. Lion King Ride-yes, please
3. "Up" Area with Paradise Falls where you enter Carl's house and Carl, Russel, and Dug take you on a flight
4. Chip and Dale Critter Area: Chip and Dale Treehouse, Meet and Greet, Log Flume ride like Splash but with Chip and Dale and Donald Duck
5. Bring out more rare Disney animal characters: Robin Hood cast, Aristocrats, Mushu, 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book
6. Maleficent dragon coaster. Stone castle surrounded with thorns. Prince Phillip and Fairies help you rescue Aurora
7. Tinkerbell Fairytale Hollow thing could be a neat addition. Meet and Greet and play area
8. MORE RESTAURANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. Add more animal educational aspects. More information about the animals you are viewing
10. Tear down Chester and Hesters and do something respectable with the awesomeness of Dinosaurs

By reasonable standards, you could probably do all or most of that for the $800 million being spent on the park anyway. I'd still like to have the nighttime entertainment, but otherwise your suggestions could do more to make Animal Kingdom a full day experience than the rumored Avatar plans.

SirLink

My top 10 wish list for additions to AK (I can dream, right?????):

1. Mystic Manor, restaurant, and shops
2. Lion King Ride-yes, please
3. "Up" Area with Paradise Falls where you enter Carl's house and Carl, Russel, and Dug take you on a flight
4. Chip and Dale Critter Area: Chip and Dale Treehouse, Meet and Greet, Log Flume ride like Splash but with Chip and Dale and Donald Duck
5. Bring out more rare Disney animal characters: Robin Hood cast, Aristocrats, Mushu, 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book
6. Maleficent dragon coaster. Stone castle surrounded with thorns. Prince Phillip and Fairies help you rescue Aurora
7. Tinkerbell Fairytale Hollow thing could be a neat addition. Meet and Greet and play area
8. MORE RESTAURANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. Add more animal educational aspects. More information about the animals you are viewing
10. Tear down Chester and Hesters and do something respectable with the awesomeness of Dinosaurs

1)How does that remotely fit DAK
2)Seems kinda overkill but OK
3)There are better ideas for a North American/Australia/MI
4)Same as 3
5)I can understand Mushu in Asia along with Jungle Book characters, but Robin Hood characters/Aristocats/101 Dalmatians are not appropriate.
6)Belongs in MK
7)Not appropriate for DAK
8)Agreed but not at the expense of rides
9)Actually I disagree
10)YES!YES!YES!

sweetpee_1993

Here's my question. Why does it take 3 years to build a "land" with 2 attractions? Haven't entire theme parks been built in that time frame? Or less? Sorry, 3 years is a long time for design to get watered-down and cold feet to emerge as money flows out. I'm so amazed at these snail's pace projects. Ugh!

PhotoDave219

Here's my question. Why does it take 3 years to build a "land" with 2 attractions? Haven't entire theme parks been built in that time frame? Or less? Sorry, 3 years is a long time for design to get watered-down and cold feet to emerge as money flows out. I'm so amazed at these snail's pace projects. Ugh!

In order to spread the cost out over four or five fiscal years.

NoChesterHester

It is specifically a long time when it is on the edge of the park where work can commence at all hours without disturbing the guests.

asianway

Same reason it took 18 months to reskin a meet n' greet tent,

Never Forget

Mouse Detective

Here's my question. Why does it take 3 years to build a "land" with 2 attractions?

The real reason is that the first film had few noteworthy characters and thus Avatar merchandise sales at AK would be a bust. So they're having to await the first sequel which is going to be crammed with cuddly characters and things that can be turned into trinkets. See Harry Potter.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The real reason is that the first film had few noteworthy characters and thus Avatar merchandise sales at AK would be a bust. So they're having to await the first sequel which is going to be crammed with cuddly characters and things that can be turned into trinkets. See Harry Potter.
That may be true too, but what was the reason to drag out FLE? I think spreading capital spend over multiple fiscal years is probably the bigger reason. Disney operates at its own pace which is slower than the competition in most cases.

For me personally I don't understand why it bothers people so much. Sure I would have liked to have tried mine coaster in November but I'll catch it next time. I guess I look at it like slow is better than none. Mine train could have been a fairy meet and greet and AvatarLand could have stayed camp Minnie and Mickey.

twebber55

The real reason is that the first film had few noteworthy characters and thus Avatar merchandise sales at AK would be a bust. So they're having to await the first sequel which is going to be crammed with cuddly characters and things that can be turned into trinkets. See Harry Potter.[/quot
Haha
No thats not true at all
I agree its taken a long time but.....
Haha thats not true at all

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Because of all the Doom n Gloomers, Magic production has slowed, this effects the availability of pixie dust, a vital element in ensuring the over all feeling of wonderment and awe when visiting WDW. Volumes of required magic and dust are on the rise because in the past attractions were designed in such a way they helped guests generate their own. sadly todays offerings require greater manufactured support thus adding significantly to construction times.

culturenthrills

ditto. But I don't agree they do it better. The enclosures at AK seem to much larger and much better for the animals. The tons of shade and jungle setting at AK makes it seem much more natural as well.

Busch Gardens seems to me that the animal parts are zoo, the rides are rides. At AK, IMO it's much more cohesive and comes together as one park much better.

As BGT has updated animal areas like the Cheetah enclosure and Jungala they are better than anything comparable to DAK. Jungala is one of the best tiger habitats I have ever seen and I'm still amazed how active the tigers still are.

pheneix

You know how I know DAK's attendance is totally in the dumpster? It's so dead I have been hanging out there on a regular basis.

Seriously. These off-peak under 10k days are awesome. And once the holiday weekends are stripped out there seems to be no end in sight for them until March.

Not like the Universal parks. They don't even issue projections for <10k anymore.

JimboJones123

Here's mworld xstion. Why does it take 3 years to build a "land" with 2 attractions? Haven't entire theme parks been built in that time frame? Or less? Sorry, 3 years is a long time for design to get watered-down and cold feet to emerge as money flows out. I'm so amazed at these snail's pace projects. Ugh!
Just because a McDonalds can be built in 9 weeks in the real world....

JimboJones123

[quocouhotoginit, post: 5894092, member: 40729"]As BGT has updated animal areas like the Cheetah enclosure and Jungala they are better than anything comparable to DAK. Jungala is one of the best tiger habitats I have ever seen and I'm still amazed how active the tigers still are.[/quote]
How could that even compare to the plexiglass bridge? It is a bridge with a plexiglass wall. On a bridge. How amazing is that? Oh, and a tiger viewing area of like 14 feet. If that does not wow you.....

Honestly, the only habitat that is a true pleasure at AK is the one for the gorillas. It is the only one I have been to in the US that does not feel like a gorilla penitentiary.

sweetpee_1993

In order to spread the cost out over four or five fiscal years.
I know. ;) I just didn't want to come right out & say it. :D

It's not that it can't be done in a proper amount of time. I know that it can. It takes full financial commitment to do it. To me, if you don't have the money or you're uncomfortable paying for something up front perhaps it's not something you should commit to until you do. The snail's pace Disney does these things totally cracks me up because I know its not how long it takes to build things. ;)

Rodan75

You know how I know DAK's attendance is totally in the dumpster? It's so dead I have been hanging out there on a regular basis.

Seriously. These off-peak under 10k days are awesome. And once the holiday weekends are stripped out there seems to be no end in sight for them until March.

Not like the Universal parks. They don't even issue projections for <10k anymore.

Any truth to the rumor more is coming to DAK than what has been announced?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom