"DAK II Expansion"

britain

The issue, as it was presented to me, was how the drug factors in a story about “race” and “tolerance”. How the “drug” only impacts certain animals, and the “primal” behaviour it creates of them.

Maybe it’s a stretch. It wasn’t my observation. But I can’t deny that it’s...odd storytelling, to say the least. Perhaps they bit off more than they can chew with this one. I don’t think the entire IP is “tainted” though.

I thought the same thing and the metaphor sort of offended me, but when I watched it again they said the drug would make ANYONE vicious and crazy, and the conspirators only drugged the carnivores to make them look bad.

CaptainAmerica

Except that it's been confirmed that what's on Joe's shoe is finished projects. And unless there is a secret Zootopia in DAK, it isn't DAK II Expansion.

As mentioned above, DAK II Expansion is all the stuff that made DAK a full day park: Nighttime safari and rides, RoL, Tree of Life Awakenings, etc...
Codename Morpho, right?

dmw

In the Parks
No
Experience.
I'm not a role playing person, nor a huge Star Wars fan. But, the SW experience sounds very interesting - a different type of vacation experience. I liken it to a murder-mystery dinner theater, but much more elaborate and longer. So, more of these experiences would interest me.

The story in the experience is the key. I enjoyed watching the Zootopia movie, but there are parts of the story I don't like, Thus, I would probably not be interested in a Zootopia experience. But... if Disney were to offer other themed experiences (especially centered around some of the classic rides), those would be interesting to me.

sullyinMT

While that certainly would not surprise me in the least, Joe sort of did have a "Joe" project in Lighthouse point.
No doubt. But the delays are quite real, and he can enjoy some time away. Maybe work part-time (in Joe terms) as a design consultant for now and increase hours and dedication as the needs arise for finishing LP “on time,” whatever that means.

sullyinMT

And yet, they did so much so good, IMO.
Funny. Every time I think of IP lands, I leave out Pandora in my mind. It is so rich, immersive, and near perfect, that I forget I’m supposed to be on another planet. It works so well, and the transitions in walkways happen so naturally, that I feel I’m making a continental shift (Asia, Africa, ... Pandora), and not a move into IP-land.

I like the general theories of Indy into Dinoland more than Zootopia, but even there I fear what TWDC would “slap” onto what’s there as opposed to a proper re-theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom