"DAK II Expansion"

UNCgolf

And yet, they did so much so good, IMO.

They did an amazing job with Pandora, and I think it's because the movie may as well not even exist. You don't need to have seen the movie or know anything about the plot whatsoever for the land to work -- it could just as easily be something newly created for the parks. I can say that with certainty because I have never seen Avatar and know essentially nothing about it and yet the land and both rides just work.

It's far too easy to use pre-existing IP as a crutch and make something that only really works for fans.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If they called it Radiator Springs, 48% of guests would be confused.
They could have gone with "Radiator Springs - The World of Cars" just like "Pandora - The World of Avatar."

Or going by the Star Wars naming convention:

"Cars Desert's Edge: California's Radiator Springs Outpost"​

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

No, not at all.

Lol!! Oh, you were serious? There’s a .000000001% chance that would get built. IMHO. Talk about a limited audience...

If Zootopia could make money here, it’d already have more of a presence in the parks. Think about it.
You don't think kids would like to stay in a hotel where realistic animorphic animals (not just cast members in a suit) are all over the place? They could do most of it with screens. Check-in, the sloths help you (well that might take too long), in the elevator a Giraffe presses the buttons (it's his head and neck inside the car, because his body is at the bottom of the elevator shaft). The halls of the resort could look like you are in the Zootopia world, they are animated and constantly changing. You could have inside rooms (think a cruise) where the "window" is a screen (like digital portholes), and you overlook the Zootopia City, etc.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You don't think kids would like to stay in a hotel where realistic animorphic animals (not cast members is a suit) are all over the place? They could do most of it with screens. Check-in, the sloths help you (well that might take too long), in the elevator a Giraffe presses the buttons (it's his head and neck inside the car, because his body is at the bottom of the elevator shaft). The halls of the resort could look like you are in the Zootopia world, they are animated and constantly changing. You could have inside rooms (think a cruise) where the "window" is a screen (like digital portholes), and you overlook the Zootopia City, etc.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: AKL.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
AKL is a free-roaming zoo. That's not the same thing as being inside of the Zootopia world.

This must be why WDW is full of actual mice attractions, and not people in suits or stylized animations.

Nahtahzu 😉

Again - Limited audience and appeal. Very limited.

I’m not getting sucked into your Zootopia-is-hugely-popular delusion, have a magical day!

DCLcruiser

Nahtahzu 😉

I’m not getting sucked into your Zootopia-is-hugely-popular delusion, have a magical day!
I never said the movie was popular, but I can see the theme being popular for a resort. Stay in animal city...that's kind of cool.

Magenta Panther

I never said the movie was popular, but I can see the theme being popular for a resort. Stay in animal city...that's kind of cool.

The movie was VERY popular, which is why it's getting a sequel, plus it won an Oscar, FWIW.

I think a Zootopia-theme hotel, with animatronic characters that could interact with you, would be kickass. That'd be way more fun than the sterile Star Wars hotel that's being built IMO.

FigmentFan82

Nahtahzu 😉

wrong. present your opinion as such, opinion. you are not stating facts here as much as you seem to wish it to be true

i guess the Zootopia+ Disney+ show is for nobody.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom