"DAK II Expansion"

Brer Oswald

The 'drug' in Zootopia was presented as a bad thing, so, that would not preclude Zootopia from coming to any international or domestic park... not that it's coming to DAK, anyway.
The issue, as it was presented to me, was how the drug factors in a story about “race” and “tolerance”. How the “drug” only impacts certain animals, and the “primal” behaviour it creates of them.

Maybe it’s a stretch. It wasn’t my observation. But I can’t deny that it’s...odd storytelling, to say the least. Perhaps they bit off more than they can chew with this one. I don’t think the entire IP is “tainted” though.

Brer Oswald

My unpopular opinion: Whole theme park lands based on one or two movies are just a bad idea. Disney, please have a little more creativity than that?
I agree. Unless it’s a franchise with longevity, it should be a no go. Makes sense with Star Wars. Same with Harry Potter. It’s a genius idea for video games like Mario. Not great for something like Zootopia or Wreck it Ralph.

Brer Oswald

Harsh. Many enjoy that movie, but just like all art, be it movies, music, interpretive dance, etc, it is all subjective.

I absolutely love Zootopia. that's just me.

That being said, the only reason I'd see a Zootopia land (or just attraction) pop up in Florida is that Disney has shown themselves to be very clone happy, which the latest bacth not even re-skinning to attempt something slightly different. So if at some point down the road TDO does announce Zootopia is coming to Florida, it would not surprise me at all.
I’d be very surprised with the land coming over. Not at all surprised with the attraction.

DCLcruiser

What if Disney has nothing for him to do for the next three years and they don't want to pay him anymore?

He can live on pension and social security or pick up other jobs. Then when Disney is ready for a DAK expansion, they can hire him as a consultant.
Agreed. Creatives don't like siting idle and he can get work (if he even wants it, I'm sure he's got $$$ saved).

I am all for expanding all parks, all the time. DAK could use more rides, there are only really 5 currently (6 if you include Safari, and DinoRama is dead to me). More dark rides or coasters please.

ToTBellHop

The 'drug' in Zootopia was presented as a bad thing, so, that would not preclude Zootopia from coming to any international or domestic park... not that it's coming to DAK, anyway.
Oddly, I find Zootopia to be the perfect fit for preachy DAK with this option of grappling with drug abuse issues and offering guests the full NARCAN Training over the course of three preshows.

ToTBellHop

Agreed. Creatives don't like siting idle and he can get work (if he even wants it, I'm sure he's got $$$ saved).

I am all for expanding all parks, all the time. DAK could use more rides, there are only really 5 currently (6 if you include Safari, and DinoRama is dead to me). More dark rides or coasters please.
if you don’t include the Safari in the ride list, DAK really isn’t for you. At all.

Dutch Inn '76

I agree. Unless it’s a franchise with longevity, it should be a no go. Makes sense with Star Wars. Same with Harry Potter. It’s a genius idea for video games like Mario. Not great for something like Zootopia or Wreck it Ralph.
Right. SW has 11-12 movies and lots of television content. Books, toys, etc. It's ripe for a "land."

Harry Potter, isn't quite as "rich" but still works.

Cars? Zootopia? ...Avatar? There's just not much there to work with.

the.dreamfinder

Don’t make the assumption that an artist just wants to do what they’ve done before.

DCLcruiser

if you don’t include the Safari in the ride list, DAK really isn’t for you. At all.
The Safari is a physical ride, it is an attraction for sure, but you know what I meant. There's nothing thrilling about it. I mean, Ellen was a thrill ride! lol jk. I don't know, I still think of it as more of an experience than a ride. Like the jungle trek, it's not a ride. I wouldn't call seeing Shamu a "ride" at Sea World vs. Manta or Kraken.

Don’t make the assumption that an artist just wants to do what they’ve done before.
True.

champdisney

I don’t think there will ever be a Zootopia attraction in DAK or WDW at all. I love the film but truth to be told, I wouldn’t want it and I don’t think Disney themselves want it either. As it is there’s hardly any Zootopia merch to begin with other than plushies.

I don’t know. Perhaps if Disney were to expand Art of Animation (if possible) they can do it of Zootopia. That’ll be neat.

DCLcruiser

I don’t think there will ever be a Zootopia attraction in DAK or WDW at all. I love the film but truth to be told, I wouldn’t want it and I don’t think Disney themselves want it either. As it is there’s hardly any Zootopia merch to begin with other than plushies.

I don’t know. Perhaps if Disney were to expand Art of Animation (if possible) they can do it of Zootopia. That’ll be neat.
A Zootopia Hotel near DAK could make sense.

JoeCamel

Can anyone tell me what roller coaster is stored behind the AKL? I don't know the date of the image but it is google maps.

akcoast.PNG

Edit: Thanks @MisterPenguin for pegging the date as 2018 Maybe Tron and maybe GotG my money is on Tron.

Last edited:

Disneyson

Zootopia makes more sense to me in the “Play!” Pavillion with Wreck-It Ralph and the Incredibles. The franchises that are set in modern day with vague technological marvels and don’t have a particularly country, time period, or story about animals in a natural earth-based environment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom