D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Sneakman

It would NOT be Tiana. OLC has passed on Tiana SEVERAL times. TDL is safe from theirs becoming Tiana, but not safe from it becoming something else entirely. The property chosen would be a crowd pleaser I feel.
I cannot Bear waiting much longer to hear about it. I wonder how much they are going to stuff into this panel.
…..I’m bad at this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It would NOT be Tiana. OLC has passed on Tiana SEVERAL times. TDL is safe from theirs becoming Tiana, but not safe from it becoming something else entirely. The property chosen would be a crowd pleaser I feel. Just bear with it if it happens.

IF it happens. I don't usually get international sources.

Despite what my sources say, I have my doubts there's gonna be an outright connection, maybe it's because I've been burned too many times.
Rumors are like opinions…everyone has got one and they’re usually not very intelligent

DisneyHead123

Why did they use the word “Horizons”? I know I am pulling up a bad topic, but is there link to the once famed ride?
My guess (and it’s just that, a guess, no connections or insider knowledge here,) is that it’s a symbolic move, to indicate something like “getting back to the Disney of yore.” Not literally, but in terms of how they think and operate. Horizons is a word that invokes the Disney of the 1980s but also the idea of expansion and new things. I think it’s meant to speak to their future direction. Horizons wasn’t built under Eisner but was finished right before he arrived. I noticed in the new “Behind The Attraction” series they make a point of romanticizing the Eisner years a bit. My guess is that they might be looking to that period in the past as a framework for the future.

Seems like a risky bet with fans though, as the first thing people will think is “They’re bringing the ride back!”, which I seriously doubt is going to happen. I could see some other kind of nod to it, like a restaurant or future play pavilion, but not the ride itself.

Bocabear

I think using "Horizons" is just some grave robbing for nostalgia sake...make everyone feel warm and fuzzy, then talk about the latest cupcake party or popcorn bucket or meet and greet. D23 has taught me that they are probably scrambling now to come up with content, and they have no idea what they are going to talk about.
We have ceased attending... I would love for them to prove me wrong and actually have a bunch of amazing announcements for WDW that are actually funded.....but....

DisneyHead123

Random thought - remember awhile ago there was a new license on some technology that was like holographic type projections? I think the idea being that you could interact with them to some degree. That seemed like a cool concept but then disappeared, wonder if that comes back?

Was hoping the long rumored Haunted Mansion restaurant might be a possibility, but now with the lounge on the new cruise ship I highly doubt it. Still holding out a small amount of hope for a more general “villain” themed restaurant.

Another long shot possibility - hoping they’ll do something with the Starcruiser hotel.

Other than that, assuming the focus will be on Epic Games stuff, Disneyland, BBTM and the expansion at AK.

Bocabear

Horizons means nothing they will talk about will be anywhere in the near future...they are just on the horizon...like a perpetual "Phase 2" that never happens...always just out of reach.... and they will be using the word Horizon" because everyone is now aware that Blue Sky means absolutely nothing ... just throwing out artwork from cancelled projects and saying "Maybe one day"...when there is no funded intention of actually following through...

DCLcruiser

The horizon is something way off in the distance, just like the blue sky cr@p they are going to shovel..
I think using "Horizons" is just some grave robbing for nostalgia sake...make everyone feel warm and fuzzy, then talk about the latest cupcake party or popcorn bucket or meet and greet. D23 has taught me that they are probably scrambling now to come up with content, and they have no idea what they are going to talk about.
We have ceased attending... I would love for them to prove me wrong and actually have a bunch of amazing announcements for WDW that are actually funded.....but....
Yes, for both.

Using "Horizons" in a 80s/90s 16-bit type font will both elicit nostalgic conversations (as we are having) and provide a broad term for projects looming in the distance.

Homemade Imagineering

Whatever is announced for Epcot aside from TT details, has gotta be for SE, JII, or Magic Eye. I’m going to stick with a Magic Eye announcement, just to play it safe, though I wouldn’t be surprised seeing them combining SE & a Horizons adjacent theme for a brand new iteration of the attraction. Horizons ain’t coming back but I can see it living on in aspects through neighboring attractions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom