D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

BrianLo

From one of the earlier press releases, Halls A-D will be used for show floor pavilions and the shops have been moved to the north hall.

Oh right I forgot about that… that’s even more space. It’s nuts. They must just be keeping it as a stage then and moving the presentations they think will be most popular to hall D

1717725951359.png

1717725975484.png

Surferboy567

Got this email from D23 today.

“Dear D23 Member,

Since our first D23 Expo in 2009, our gatherings have come a long way. We have celebrated the magic of Disney in Anaheim, Orlando, Tokyo, and Paris, and we have welcomed hundreds of thousands of fans from all over the world. Now, we are ready to bring D23 to Brazil, and we want you to be part of it.

I'm pleased to extend to you a special invitation to purchase discounted tickets to attend D23 Brazil: A Disney Experience on November 8, 9, and 10, 2024, at the Transamerica Expo Center in São Paulo, Brazil. This is a limited-time offer that was created for D23 Members, and it will give you access to the ultimate Disney fan experience in Latin America.

This is our first time taking D23 to Latin America, and we are so excited to share with you the amazing lineup of events, panels, presentations, and surprises that we have prepared. You will get a first look at the latest news and sneak peeks from the worlds of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, and National Geographic, as well as enjoy entertainment
and interactive experiences you won't find anywhere else.

For more information about the event, visit D23Brasil.com.

We can't wait to see you at D23 Brazil, and we thank you for being part of the D23 family. This is going to be an unforgettable event, and we hope you will join us for the aventura of a lifetime!”

The email goes on to provide a code I won’t share. Presale on June 13th. Hoping this doesn’t cannibalize the actual D23 in California it shouldn’t but just a thought I had. I need them to give us information on the actual event that’s approaching 60 days away.

vikescaper

Per the D23 site, the ticket transfer process is only for the convention center passes and not for the tickets to the events at the Honda Center. It also indicates that you until 8:59 PM PT on June 24 to confirm your shipping address.

Surferboy567

I hadn’t noticed this on the D23 site, but looks like the sponsors were stealthily added. This is important because most of these are brands/companies that haven't been announced yet to my knowledge. I’m only going to shout out the few I find interesting.

Presenting Sponsor:

Visa (no shock there)

Sponsor:

Ravensburger (we knew they had an side event at the packing district) this seems to confirm they will be at the convention itself. If you are unaware what they do they produce the Disney Lorcana TCG that I’m an avid player of they also produce the Villianious board game. Its worth noting that the next set’s release date is the same as the first day of D23.

Friends of Disney:

Iron Studios - Makers of (high quality) Disney statues

RSVLTS - Makers of (high quality) Disney shirts

THQ Nordic - Video Game Development studio currently developing Epic Mickey Rebrushed the remake of Epic Mickey that originally came out on the Wii.

I know this probably isn’t everyone but was interested that this seems to point to the content that we will see. Given THQ’s presence they are likely the first of many other development studios. I expect to (hopefully) see Square Enix there as well with Kingdom Hearts 4.

maleficentfan

Ravensburger (we knew they had an side event at the packing district) this seems to confirm they will be at the convention itself. If you are unaware what they do they produce the Disney Lorcana TCG that I’m an avid player of they also produce the Villianious board game. Its worth noting that the next set’s release date is the same as the first day of D23.
Actually, the newest release drops tomorrow (6/9) and is called Sugar and Spite. This expandalone stars King Candy and Shere Khan. Target will be selling a special edition that comes in a candy-bar-themed packaging sleeve.

The one in August (likely dropping the first day of D23) is called Introduction to Evil and is a re-release of sorts of the original game only with four villains (Maleficent, Ursula, Captain Hook, and Prince John) as opposed to the original which had six (those named above with the inclusion of Jafar and the Queen of Hearts).

There's also a Star Wars expandalone coming sometime this summer, but details have yet to be revealed on what character(s) are included.

Source: https://www.wargamer.com/disney-villainous/expansions-expandalones

Surferboy567

Actually, the newest release drops tomorrow (6/9) and is called Sugar and Spite. This expandalone stars King Candy and Shere Khan. Target will be selling a special edition that comes in a candy-bar-themed packaging sleeve.

The one in August (likely dropping the first day of D23) is called Introduction to Evil and is a re-release of sorts of the original game only with four villains (Maleficent, Ursula, Captain Hook, and Prince John) as opposed to the original which had six (those named above with the inclusion of Jafar and the Queen of Hearts).

There's also a Star Wars expandalone coming sometime this summer, but details have yet to be revealed on what character(s) are included.

Source: https://www.wargamer.com/disney-villainous/expansions-expandalones
I was referring to Lorcana when I mentioned the next set release date. Yes, sugar and spite is indeed launching tomorrow.

Salted Nut Roll

According to the badge transfer email, you only have until July 3rd to transfer your badge. Which just seems to defeat the purpose to me? I thought the point was that if something came up last-minute, you could transfer your badge to someone else and not be out the money. I can understand having a deadline of a couple of days beforehand, like many hotels do, but a month seems excessive.

Surferboy567

According to the badge transfer email, you only have until July 3rd to transfer your badge. Which just seems to defeat the purpose to me? I thought the point was that if something came up last-minute, you could transfer your badge to someone else and not be out the money. I can understand having a deadline of a couple of days beforehand, like many hotels do, but a month seems excessive.
Do they want to encourage resellers for some reason?

BrianLo

I went to their booth for a friend... had I only properly realized they were handing out 500$ (now 1000$?) cards I would have looped back for more. I did get one.

It was about 5 minutes of my time for technically something that paid off my tickets. 😂

I'm sure it will be swamped this year.

Surferboy567

I went to their booth for a friend... had I only properly realized they were handing out 500$ (now 1000$?) cards I would have looped back for more. I did get one.

It was about 5 minutes of my time for technically something that paid off my tickets. 😂

I'm sure it will be swamped this year.
I’m an avid player so would love to get my hands on a promo for my collection. Possibly even get it graded.

TrainsOfDisney

doesn’t look like there is an imagineering pavilion this year unless there will be imagineers at the parks and experiences.

That was always a highlight to actually get to meet and talk with imagineers.

BrianLo

doesn’t look like there is an imagineering pavilion this year unless there will be imagineers at the parks and experiences.

That was always a highlight to actually get to meet and talk with imagineers.

Are you referring to the images I posted? That was the 2022 show floor. It's not this years, which will be expanded.

I think the Dreams one was the Imagineering one that year.

vikescaper

Are you referring to the images I posted? That was the 2022 show floor. It's not this years, which will be expanded.

I think the Dreams one was the Imagineering one that year.
Yeah, the Dreams was the Imagineering one. I remember going through it and seeing the Walt sitting on a toilet statue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom