D23 - No Big Theme Park Announcements?

jt04

What who said? Theme Park One?
Hard to shoot down such broad, general statements.:lol:

Exactly as he or she designs it. :rolleyes: I guess I wouldn't mind as much if it wasn't also such a lazy effort and quite painful to read. What a bore.

Of course Lutz is going down this same path more and more. I am starting to think his inside sources have cut him off. His most recent musings read much more like those of a frustrated fanboi and his wishful thinking with a few stray facts common on the internet with just a bit of digging. So while once credible, it now seems he is becomming embittered as the DLR's retrofit glory days are nearing the end and TWDC redirects priorities to other properties. They had a good run but now it is time for the real revenue generators to gear up. But watching DL get all those cute little additions has been fun. Toddle along now or you will just be in the way.

JulieBarlow

I might be way off track here but I saw the news on the wdwmagic home page that the fantasmic schedule beyond Jan 4th hasn't been released and they were quite strongly hinting that something might be replacing it. Reading between the lines wouldn't this be the kind of thing they would announce at d23 and would that be classed as pretty exciting news about the studios?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I might be way off track here but I saw the news on the wdwmagic home page that the fantasmic schedule beyond Jan 4th hasn't been released and they were quite strongly hinting that something might be replacing it. Reading between the lines wouldn't this be the kind of thing they would announce at d23 and would that be classed as pretty exciting news about the studios?
I don't think anyone is hinting at a replacement, hoping maybe, but those are two very different things. No scheduling for Fantasmic in January is more than likely an oversight or at best a refurb.

puntagordabob

True...if you assume it would be on the scale of the DCA version, and in the lake.

But...What is being considered is much smaller, and would go into the current parking lot.

Ugh.....when you all said World of Color I automaticly assumed "water" lol Now with your comment about the parking lot I am like "Huh?" *scratching my head all confused now*

we're just getting hung up on wording? Al says nothing "major"... well maybe major for him is a major park expansion like the DCA re-do phase II or something on the level of the FLE.

Is it not also possible that Al is saying nothing majore for Disneyland?? He seems to only mention WDW grudgingly unless its to remind us that DLR is far better.....lol

If anyone wants to see last night's tweets from ThemeParkOne, you can visit his Twitter page. Some statements are not as broad as those listed above.

http://twitter.com/#!/ThemeParkOne

I don't know if he's right, I don't know what his sources are, but he's been right before, so take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for the link......

rreading

To what extent do we think that some of the maintenance/expansion issues at WDW relate to the reported $1.2 Billion + DCA (in addition to the FL expansion) eating up some budget expenditures (similar to what happened with DL Paris in the 90's). That once these major undertakings are completed, that we'll get new monorails and improved ride maintenance with some additional rides thrown in...?

devoy1701

Ugh.....when you all said World of Color I automaticly assumed "water" lol Now with your comment about the parking lot I am like "Huh?" *scratching my head all confused now*

Is it not also possible that Al is saying nothing majore for Disneyland?? He seems to only mention WDW grudgingly unless its to remind us that DLR is far better.....lol

Thanks for the link......

Let's work through this together Bob.... WoC and parking lot area translates into they could possibly tear up an area of the parking lot to make a man-made water area that can be used for for the WoC tech since Sasscagoula is out of the question.

:wave:

Hopefully that clears up your thought process!!! :cool:

MerlinTheGoat

Am i correct in saying that World of Color wouldn't even require a lake or body of water? From to looks of it, all they need is a water source (which could be fed directly via pipes in the ground and wouldn't even need a lake or body of water) and some sort of drainage to let the water out. So i guess you technically wouldn't need a body of water at all. Or am i mistaken?

yoyoflamingo

Am i correct in saying that World of Color wouldn't even require a lake or body of water? From to looks of it, all they need is a water source (which could be fed directly via pipes in the ground and wouldn't even need a lake or body of water) and some sort of drainage to let the water out. So i guess you technically wouldn't need a body of water at all. Or am i mistaken?

Add some colored lights and mist screens to the play fountains at the entrance and you're done. :p

menamechris

Let's work through this together Bob.... WoC and parking lot area translates into they could possibly tear up an area of the parking lot to make a man-made water area that can be used for for the WoC tech since Sasscagoula is out of the question.

It sounds terribly far fetched. To actually implement something like that sounds like a logistical nightmare - from a crowd control standpoint - and financial.

NoChesterHester

I dont think the optics would work without being submerged.

Kamikaze

It sounds terribly far fetched. To actually implement something like that sounds like a logistical nightmare - from a crowd control standpoint - and financial.

Eh, the West Side lot never gets used anyway. Building an amphitheater around a new water area wouldn't be too hard. Could even charge to get in, if they did it that way.

puntagordabob

Besides the hate for Al Lutz, ThemeParkOne also isn't worried about Meg Crofton. QUOTE]

Al Lutz seems to be saying the same thing about Meg...

1000-1200 people an hour, and it's the most family friendly attraction in the park. To me, an attraction like Ride and Go Seek would be a much better choice than a Monster's Inc Coaster.

How about the Monsters Inc dark ride at DCA???

Eh, the West Side lot never gets used anyway. Building an amphitheater around a new water area wouldn't be too hard. Could even charge to get in, if they did it that way.

Interesting.... and if it is treated like an extension of the parks (park hopper tickets, APs, etc) it will draw all of us over to DTD like flies.... World of Color is pretty amazing....so if they did it as good as DCA or (can we dream!) better then it would be a HUGE draw to DTD.... would take some of the pressure off of the other parks too.

Yessiree it is. While TDL is such an amazing resort, I feel Shanghai is going to be revolutionary. Let's hope these D23 announcements have that same technological touch. Here's hoping for something original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom