D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

PhotoDave219

I said i believed something would be announced maybe not big but it would be exciting if something big were to be announced. Im not trying to stir the pot, just starting a friendly thread.

Okay. For the last time, there will not be a major Parks and Resorts announcement at the D23 Expo.

and in spanish....

no habrá un importante Parques y Resorts anuncio en la Expo D23.

and french....

il n'y aura pas un des principaux Parks and Resorts annonce lors de l'Expo D23.

and german...

Es wird keine großen Parks and Resorts Ankündigung auf der D23 Expo sein.

Greek!

Δεν θα υπάρξει μια σημαντική Πάρκα and Resorts ανακοίνωση στο Expo D23.

Latin!

non erit maior incedit et ad nuntianda Obstinatus D23 turpis.

Italian!

Non ci sarà un importante Parchi e Resorts annuncio alla Expo D23.

Japanese!

D23エキスポでの主要なパークアンドリゾートの発表がないでしょう。

Portuguese

não haverá um grande anúncio da Parks e Resorts na Expo D23.

Russian

не будет крупных парков и курортов объявление на D23 Expo.

Swedish

Det kommer inte vara en stor Parks and Resorts tillkännagivandet på D23 Expo.

Swedish Chef

Det kommer inte der flumey flume vara en storry Parksy un Poly tikl-bird-kännagivandet på D23 bork bork bork.

And Beaker

Meep meep meep meep meep meep meep meep meep meep meep meep D23.

Captain Neo

Monty, I thought you Canadians were better than us ...and that you didn't lie just for the heck of it.

Your last statement is a load of BS and I get tired of responding to it. I love DCL. Three cruises booked through 2014 with another coming (won't take all, to be fair). I guess you missed the fact that I loved The Lone Ranger and thought Monsters U was terrific too. And I am not in any way looking forward to my visit to DLR next month. Oh, and I just hated my 11 days at DAK Lodge in May too.

Seriously, if you want to debate anything Disney, bring it on. But to say that I think nothing of Disney is of any value is dumb. And I thought you Canucks were smarter than us too!

DCL is amazing but let's not bring that up because I don't want it getting filled up with lifestylers and having the experience ruined like they did to the parks

PhotoDave219

Sorry, but no.

I am sitting here in paradise where it is 84 degrees at 11:40 p.m. with humidity almost that high. Oh, and a three-year-old (new to me) $4000 AC that has decided it doesn't wish to work right.

Now, that's just if you'd like to have a wicked awesome weather urinating match.

Florida has plenty of other issues from failing infrastructure to some awful schools to an economy based on minimummwage service workers to a criminal running the state when he should be doing hard time. But, yeah, we got beaches and theme parks and lots of funeral homes.

Amazing how Tallahassee has some good roads but god forbid we use the Mouse's tax revenue to actually improve the state....

TP2000

Coming from a New Englander here, the weather in FL is not overrated. What is overrated is the New England winters and spring. I would not be sad to never see a snowflake again.

Native Californian here, but I lived for years in Massachusetts outside Boston for an important phase in my career. I was absolutely miserable. The winters were dreary and so cold it was painful, and I'd lived in Seattle previously so I knew what a gray rainy climate can do to you. And I love to ski. But nothing prepared me for the physical and psychological assault I was under in New England every year from November 1st thru April 30th. A few weeks in May were liberating, and then the summer humidity and squalor set in for 90 days. Just absolutely horrible. Maybe the natives can work around it, but as someone not from there who tried very hard to be a good New Englander, I can honestly say... NEVER AGAIN.

I also spent a decade in the South. Not in Florida, but coastal South Carolina which is just as humid and rainy and oppressive. Plus a stint in Tidewater Virginia, which might be the most reasonable climate on the East Coast, although summers there are brutal too.

Compare that to the D23 Expo weekend right now in Anaheim, California in August. Humidity very low, skies cloudless and bright blue, with the same golden sun that inspired the Beach Boys to write a dozen hit songs about the girls that are bronzed by it, a light sea breeze that brings on a perfect starlit night with temps dipping into the 60's so gentlemen can offer their jackets to their dates. Absolute summer perfection.

Anaheim high temp on Saturday 8/10/13 was 79 degrees and the low temp was 64 degrees. I'm in the hills 5 miles due east of Disneyland and I haven't closed a window or turned on the air conditioning all day today. And with all the other places in my life that I've lived, for that I will just say... :cool:

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Native Californian here, but I lived for years in Massachusetts outside Boston for an important phase in my career. I was absolutely miserable. The winters were dreary and so cold it was painful, and I'd lived in Seattle previously so I knew what a gray rainy climate can do to you. And I love to ski. But nothing prepared me for the physical and psychological assault I was under in New England every year from November 1st thru April 30th. A few weeks in May were liberating, and then the summer humidity and squalor set in for 90 days. Just absolutely horrible. Maybe the natives can work around it, but as someone not from there who tried very hard to be a good New Englander, I can honestly say... NEVER AGAIN.

I also spent a decade in the South. Not in Florida, but coastal South Carolina which is just as humid and rainy and oppressive. Plus a stint in Tidewater Virginia, which might be the most reasonable climate on the East Coast, although summers there are brutal too.

Compare that to the D23 Expo weekend right now in Anaheim, California in August. Humidity very low, skies cloudless and bright blue, with the same golden sun that inspired the Beach Boys to write a dozen hit songs about the girls that are bronzed by it, a light sea breeze that brings on a perfect starlit night with temps dipping into the 60's so gentlemen can offer their jackets to their dates. Absolute summer perfection.

Anaheim high temp on Saturday 8/10/13 was 79 degrees and the low temp was 64 degrees. I'm in the hills 5 miles due east of Disneyland and I haven't closed a window or turned on the air conditioning all day today. And with all the other places in my life that I've lived, for that I will just say... :cool:

I absolutely HATE HUMDITY. I nearly suffered years ago, when I went to visit family on the east coast. I had never experienced before like that, and I honestly thought I was going to die from suffocation.

This summer has been absolutely fantastic, here in SoCal. The highest its been since mid to late June is maybe 82. Warm, sunny, cool at night and the best part... No humidity! It's been fabulous, I can't remember the last time temps reached into the 90s.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I absolutely HATE HUMDITY. I nearly suffered years ago, when I went to visit family on the east coast. I had never experienced before like that, and I honestly thought I was going to die from suffocation.

This summer has been absolutely fantastic, here in SoCal. The highest its been since mid to late June is maybe 82. Warm, sunny, cool at night and the best part... No humidity! It's been fabulous, I can't remember the last time temps reached into the 90s.
Heat index of 110 here....You just walk outside and start sweating

SirLink

No offense, but have you ever been to Florida? I lived there 30 years and the weather was great most of the year. Lots of snowbirds agree too. ;)

Yes I have - middle of Summer in Florida is gross. Cali it was nice although I'm told by locals it was gross there.

Florida is only nice after October and before May.

FutureWorld1982

You seem to love California as much as I love Florida, but it looks like you are saying that the weather over there is always perfect (which I am sure it isn't, like it is not over here). I will go to Anaheim for a week in the next few days. Let's see if the weather is really THAT great. To each his own, though! :)

SirLink

Be Our Guest is definitely not a cafeteria, it's one of the most amazing restaurants Disney has ever built. Hence the reason why people will wait up to an hour to dine there just for lunch and reservations for dinner are booked 6 months out.

Hahahaha .... oh boy. Its not. I go to restaurant for great food. The food they serve from people who I trust have said the quality is better at French Market at Disneyland than at Be Our Guest. I hate keep having this oh so trivial debate. Outside of a handful of restaurants the food at Disney is very poor.

Funmeister

No. Circumstances have changed. You need to follow the narrative better!
Okay. For the last time, there will not be a major Parks and Resorts announcement at the D23 Expo.

and in spanish....

and french....

and german...

Greek!

Latin!

Italian!

Japanese!

Portuguese

Russian

Swedish

Swedish Chef

Det kommer inte der flumey flume vara en storry Parksy un Poly tikl-bird-kännagivandet på D23 bork bork bork.

And Beaker

What about the crates? That was pretty...epic...right?

SirLink

and in spanish....

and french....

and german...

Greek!

Latin!

Italian!

Japanese!

Portuguese

Russian

Swedish

Swedish Chef

And Beaker

You forgot Finnish for shame ...

Sue_Vongello

I just don't get the "thinking" behind the Avatar process/marketing ... why in the world are they teasing something (actually showing nothing) for something they formally announced two years ago? What purpose does this serve ... we already know it's coming so two years later you hint that it's coming again?

To me ... it just is more circumstantial evidence that this company has no clue what they are doing.

That's what I took away from D23.

cheezbat

I can...my last visit to Cali a year ago...and it was hot and HUMID!

I was so upset because I brought my girlfriend and it was her first visit to Cali and I had been bragging about how there's no humidity and its nowhere near as hot as Florida...and sadly, it was WORSE!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom