D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Monty, you and I were in the same presentation! :D I was the blonde 20-something in the Epcot shirt wandering around the front looking for a seat minutes before the presentation started. Rohde is definitely a skilled presenter, and he accurately put words to many of the feelings I felt at Aulani.

Agreed that the admissions process was a nightmare. I stood in long lines and hardly got into anything, I told my family that the day in summary was me getting shut out of things. I agree with @raven24 that less tickets sold would have been useful. All I know is that if you get in line for a presentation an hour before it even starts and still don't get in, then something's wrong. My advice to anyone visiting the Expo is to stay away from the "keynote" presentations and just stick to the floor and smaller presentations.

EDIT: Also, the Mickey's of Glendale line is deceptively long because it extends to inside. I waited 70 minutes to get two pins, and I had originally pegged that line for 20 minutes. I missed a Tony Baxter presentation in the process. Ye be warned ;)
I was dead centre of the back row in the centre front section red Mickey Polo with a blue name tag (same today but the polo is green). Bright overhead light shining on me the whole time. :cool:

I bought $240 worth of clothes and mugs in Mickey's of Glendale, waited just under an hour.

We "just" got into the live action film Arena presentation, ended up in the very front row if the overflow room.

Last edited:

twebber55

Oh it looks beautiful but there is nothing of substance...and Mine Train wouldn't make me pay out £500-£750 to fly over.
i hear this a lot and im trying to understand what no substance means....not that im disagreeing with you...is it because there is no E ticket? i ve never been (going next June)

SirLink

i hear this a lot and im trying to understand what no substance means....not that im disagreeing with you...is it because there is no E ticket? i ve never been (going next June)

I haven't been, but I can judge that from riding TLM at DCA that is kind of a poor attraction. So 1 attraction and cafeteria and they are on building a D ticket. Nothing of note, you wouldn't rush back home and tell people they had to ride TLM. Yet I loved every minute on Roger Rabits Car Toon Spin.

WDWDad13

That's exactly it. People have forgot how to go to Disney and be absorbed in by all the surroundings and just enjoy themselves and all they want are e-ticket RIDES. Sounds like universal is their place then....and I have no problems with that

The Disney experience isn't all about RIDES...thrill rides especially....that is however how I see universal and it lacks the same experience IMO

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Ok then why not Orlando Convention Center on I Drive?

Disney would have to bus people back and forth from the resorts to something 9 miles away. Plus pay for all the talent and staff to fly to Orlando, be put up in hotels etc. Then you have to ship all the displays etc as well.

GrumpyFan

The Coronado Ballroom at Coronado Springs is the largest ballroom on WDW property, at 64,000 square feet. That is roughly the same size as the ballroom used for Stage 23 on the third floor of the Anaheim Convention Center, where the D23 Expo presentations from Walt Disney Studios and Pixar are being presented in a 3,800 seat theater set up in that ballroom.

The Anaheim Convention Center has 1.6 Million Square Feet of public exhibit space to use under one roof.
Walt Disney World has 460,000 square feet of public exhibit space, spread across five different hotels; Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs, Boardwalk, and Yacht Club.
Swan/Dolphin has 329,000 sq ft of convention space and a 55,000 sq ft ballroom, but the Boardwalk, and Yacht & Beach club convention centers are close by too.

WDW1974

No offense, but have you ever been to Florida? I lived there 30 years and the weather was great most of the year. Lots of snowbirds agree too. ;)

Perhaps, I shouldn't be answering this considering I attended a funeral today here in paradise. But as a Boston native who has spent most of my life in FL, about the only thing it's good for is theme parks and dying. The weather is vastly overrated.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
John Lassiter accepted the Disney Legends award for Steve Jobs and gave what people are saying is a great speech. Look forward to seeing the video of that.

TRONorail10

I haven't been, but I can judge that from riding TLM at DCA that is kind of a poor attraction. So 1 attraction and cafeteria and they are on building a D ticket. Nothing of note, you wouldn't rush back home and tell people they had to ride TLM. Yet I loved every minute on Roger Rabits Car Toon Spin.

Be Our Guest is definitely not a cafeteria, it's one of the most amazing restaurants Disney has ever built. Hence the reason why people will wait up to an hour to dine there just for lunch and reservations for dinner are booked 6 months out.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

19 pages on nothing ...you guys are giving Disney and D23 way too much attention.
It's not my fault that the topic creator decided to ignore me and other people that there isn't going to be any attractions announced at 2013 D23.

The op had a fantasy of attractions being announced D23 despite there being no Parks and resorts presentation by Stags and decided to create this topic and what Miceage mentioned over a month ago about there being no theme park attractions announced.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Despite the admissions problems, the D23 Expo has been great! The show pass system definitely helps us noobs get into presentations! We've done two of the the three we wanted, the one we missed was too early the first day, we weren't in yet.

Couple of things to do tomorrow. I expect we can accomplish both comfortably. Got all the swag I can fit in our luggage, hope nothing else is too tempting...

rkelly42

Perhaps, I shouldn't be answering this considering I attended a funeral today here in paradise. But as a Boston native who has spent most of my life in FL, about the only thing it's good for is theme parks and dying. The weather is vastly overrated.
Coming from a New Englander here, the weather in FL is not overrated. What is overrated is the New England winters and spring. I would not be sad to never see a snowflake again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom