D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

Livingwithstartours

Original Poster
It's not my fault that the topic creator decided to ignore me and other people that there isn't going to be any attractions announced at 2013 D23.

The op had a fantasy of attractions being announced D23 despite there being no Parks and resorts presentation by Stags and decided to create this topic and what Miceage mentioned over a month ago about there being no theme park attractions announced.
I said i believed something would be announced maybe not big but it would be exciting if something big were to be announced. Im not trying to stir the pot, just starting a friendly thread.

lazyboy97o

i hear this a lot and im trying to understand what no substance means....not that im disagreeing with you...is it because there is no E ticket? i ve never been (going next June)
There really is not much to it all. It's pretty but does not do much to create a great sense of place. Sort of like a well drawn character who is slightly off model. Belle's Village consists of two buildings. Cinnamon rolls and Le Fou's Brew (a renaming of a drink created for Cars Land) have nothing to do with the film or its environment, they just sold well elsewhere. It's more about reminding one of the films (pushing more into the realm of themed decor) than actually entering and exploring their respective environments.

danjen2331

Im fairly confident that picture above the DAK Map on the desk is a real piece of concept art for the land. You can see handrails for a queue and a boat in the waterway down below. The leaked plans had a boat ride if you remember.
That picture does not look Avatar related. It has scarlet macaws flying, a monkey in a tree (top center) and what looks like an ape going up stone ruin stairs (right side). The stone ruins also look Mayan. There is a handrail though

Captain Neo

That picture does not look Avatar related. It has scarlet macaws flying, a monkey in a tree (top center) and what looks like an ape going up stone ruin stairs (right side). The stone ruins also look Mayan. There is a handrail though

I need to find a better picture to see the animals your refering to but there is no place like that in Animal Kingdom currently. That stuff looks South American if anything and DAK doesn't have a South American exhibit. Are you sure those aren't those monkey creatures from Avatar?

twebber55

I need to find a better picture to see the animals your refering to but there is no place like that in Animal Kingdom currently. That stuff looks South American if anything and DAK doesn't have a South American exhibit. Are you sure those aren't those monkey creatures from Avatar?
actually agree with you neo....lots of symbolism in both the star wars and avatar teasers...but would love to see a closer look of that picture...curious it was by the DAK map

WDW1974

Be Our Guest is definitely not a cafeteria, it's one of the most amazing restaurants Disney has ever built. Hence the reason why people will wait up to an hour to dine there just for lunch and reservations for dinner are booked 6 months out.

Really. Because I have now dined there twice for free and have no desire to go back, even for free.

It isn't a cafeteria, you're right, because I've had better food and service and did not have to wait behind 15 people to empty my bladder in them.

People go because it is new and the building is absolutely the focal point of New Fantasyland.

The Mommy Bloggers social media whores and local addicts can have it.

danjen2331

The creatures are 100% real looking. Not Avatar. They do look like they are from CA or SA as the birds are macaws (100% sure), the animal climbing the steps looks to me like a large monkey such as a howler monley and the monkey in the tree looks like a Spider Monkey.

Captain Neo

The creatures are 100% real looking. Not Avatar. They do look like they are from CA or SA as the birds are macaws (100% sure), the animal climbing the steps looks to me like a large monkey such as a howler monley and the monkey in the tree looks like a Spider Monkey.

That is strange then. Is it possible they will split the land between an Avatar Land and a South American exhibit?

WDW1974

Despite the admissions problems, the D23 Expo has been great! The show pass system definitely helps us noobs get into presentations! We've done two of the the three we wanted, the one we missed was too early the first day, we weren't in yet.

Couple of things to do tomorrow. I expect we can accomplish both comfortably. Got all the swag I can fit in our luggage, hope nothing else is too tempting...

How much of your experience is the joy of being able to buy special merchandise that you can't get elsewhere (except for Company D and then eBay)?

Captain Neo

How much of your experience is the joy of being able to buy special merchandise that you can't get elsewhere (except for Company D and then eBay)?

I know that was directed at Monty but as I said I enjoyed D23 and I have ZERO desire to buy any special merchandise. The only thing I bought was a copy of Realityland from David Koenig to get the real scoop on what goes down in the swamps of WDW.

WDW1974

Agreed. I just chalk up the comment by @WDW1974 as what he does best, being contrary just for the sake of being contrary. ;)

Sorry, but no.

I am sitting here in paradise where it is 84 degrees at 11:40 p.m. with humidity almost that high. Oh, and a three-year-old (new to me) $4000 AC that has decided it doesn't wish to work right.

Now, that's just if you'd like to have a wicked awesome weather urinating match.

Florida has plenty of other issues from failing infrastructure to some awful schools to an economy based on minimummwage service workers to a criminal running the state when he should be doing hard time. But, yeah, we got beaches and theme parks and lots of funeral homes.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Little to none. I enjoyed the displays in the Collectors area, I liked most of the Disney offerings and thoroughly enjoyed the live action movies presentation, the Star Wars saga presentation and the Art and Artistry of Aulani was wonderful. We're looking forward to the lost chords presentation tomorrow. We'll also be further investigating the Tomorrowland movie display that opened this afternoon, looks incredible but was too crowded today.

Despite your seeming insistence that nothing D23 or Disney in general is of any value, I'm just having a great vacation with my son.

HMF

Wait wait wait! How exactly would the Hatbox Ghost work if the bride with the beating heart isn't there? He would switch heads at each heartbeat. And how exactly would he fit into the story now that Constance is there instead of his bride Emily? o_O
The only Official Bride story is that of Constance. Any alternate names etc are fan fiction and should not be treated as facts. HBG fits the Constance story like a glove and the original attic scene from 1969 revolved around the notion that the Bride be-headed HBG and that was why his head was in a hatbox. The Heartbeat sound is still there, Only the physical beating heart is missing and likely only because WDI felt the current bride looked better without it.

HMF

I specifically asked the Imagineer working the Hatbox Ghost booth if the figure was ready for installation. He shook his head, and said they would never install that particular figure, as it was just a training figure used to training new hires on Animatronics. I grinned and said something like "that particular figure huh?" He looked kind of guilty/annoyed at his word choice and shook his head. I then kinda jokingly said "You didn't say you weren't working on one," and he replied "I wouldn't be inclined to comment if we were."

Take that for what you will.
I am going to call BS on that. Imagineers lie all the time.

DizFiz

Well one more day of this suprisingly great expo IMO.... I knew we weren't going to get the big announcement but rather Crates and Doodles that might be attractions. I know we have one more day to see what happens but I highly doubt it.

WDW1974

Little to none. I enjoyed the displays in the Collectors area, I liked most of the Disney offerings and thoroughly enjoyed the live action movies presentation, the Star Wars saga presentation and the Art and Artistry of Aulani was wonderful. We're looking forward to the lost chords presentation tomorrow. We'll also be further investigating the Tomorrowland movie display that opened this afternoon, looks incredible but was too crowded today.

Despite your seeming insistence that nothing D23 or Disney in general is of any value, I'm just having a great vacation with my son.

Monty, I thought you Canadians were better than us ...and that you didn't lie just for the heck of it.

Your last statement is a load of BS and I get tired of responding to it. I love DCL. Three cruises booked through 2014 with another coming (won't take all, to be fair). I guess you missed the fact that I loved The Lone Ranger and thought Monsters U was terrific too. And I am not in any way looking forward to my visit to DLR next month. Oh, and I just hated my 11 days at DAK Lodge in May too.

Seriously, if you want to debate anything Disney, bring it on. But to say that I think nothing of Disney is of any value is dumb. And I thought you Canucks were smarter than us too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom