D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

WDWDad13

Eh ... sorry your spreading some BS and it isn't over the Petunias either. 1) @WDW1974 has posted information here first or when you used to post more frequent on another board. 2)Spirit doesn't spread BS.

So maybe you should just believe others like @marni1971 @Lee @whylightbulb etc. Or give up your pretense

I'm not saying he's spreading BS... I'm saying he's not spreading anything of any substance yet has a lot of lap dogs

rioriz

I'm a pretty middle of the road poster BUT for all who say those who may not care for Spirits writing to stay out of his threads....maybe those who do care for it should not muddle up every other thread!

No one is gonna change anyone else's mind at this point so the endless chatter is useless.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
He doesn't mean it in a bullying-type way. Just a unique and different way of trying to start a discussion, whether the parties agree or disagree. Some people find it amusing and others don't like it. Put him on ignore, if he irks you that much.

I honestly hope this hasn't put a damper on your mood. I hope you can get into some good panels/see some interesting things and report back here.
No worries... I have a thick enough skin. We're set for an Imagineering panel on how they became Imagineers, then a humour panel this afternoon.

I've already put '74 behind me (like Satan).

WDWDad13

I'm a pretty middle of the road poster BUT for all who say those who may not care for Spirits writing to stay out of his threads....maybe those who do care for it should not muddle up every other thread!

No one is gonna change anyone else's mind at this point so the endless chatter is useless.

I'll take the blame for this one... I honestly thought I was in his thread... all of these seem to run together these days

WDW sucks and it's over
Uni rocks and will be the best
blah

lol again my bad... thanks for pointing that out and I agree... I'll bail out of this one

Californian Elitist

No worries... I have a thick enough skin. We're set for an Imagineering panel on how they became Imagineers, then a humour panel this afternoon.

I've already put '74 behind me (like Satan).

Sounds great. That should be interesting. Have you been visiting the parks in between the Expo, or are you saving that for when the Expo ends?

CinematicFusion

*Since 2000 Islands of Adventure has opened 1 new ride (FJ)... And that was in 2009! (I don't count refurbs like Dragons or the Suess Trolley)
The same as DHS and Epcot!

*Since 2000 Studios has opened only 3 rides (Rockit, Mummy, Trnasformers)... (I don't count refurbs like Minons or Simpsons)
The same as AK!

*(Just saying... AK has also opened 3 new rides since 2000... Not 1. You forgot Dinoland)

I get what you are saying just thought you were not telling the whole story.

When you speak of Universal, you have to start at 2010 with the creation of Harry Potter Land.
From there, look at what they are building.

I go back in time with Disney because they have yet to start anything in Epcot, DHS, AK, and it's been a long time since there last projects.

Is that fair to say? I believe I'm telling the whole story. I'm not trying to make anything up.
These conversations started June 18th 2010 when Harry Potter opened.
Universal is building a major upgrade to Harry Potter as we speak...at Islands of Adventure.

So, from 2010 building and completed projects...
1. Magic Kingdom: Fantasy Land Expansion
2. Universal Studios: Harry Potter
3. Island of Adventure: Harry Potter Gringotts expansion

4. DHS: Nothing ....last ride 2008, before that 1999
5. Epcot: Nothing....last ride I can't remember
6. Animal Kingdom:Nothing...last ride I can't remember.

I think I'm telling the whole story.

I'm glad you are content with Disney's direction and I'm fine with that. There are those who like to pay $540.00 for a family of 4 to walk around the park and take the sites in. That's cool.

I'm one who would like to see a multi billion dollar company step up and build new rides at least every 5 years.
Walt Disney,
“Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.”

Disneyland is like a piece of clay, if there is something I don’t like, I’m not stuck with it. I can reshape and revamp.” - Walt Disney

“Whenever I go on a ride, I’m always thinking of what’s wrong with the thing and how it can be improved.” - Walt Disney

“It’s no secret that we were sticking just about every nickel we had on the chance that people would really be interested in something totally new and unique in the field of entertainment.” - Walt Disney

WDW needs to remember the past to forge into the future.

Magenta Panther

When you speak of Universal, you have to start at 2010 with the creation of Harry Potter Land.

I go back in time with Disney because they have yet to start anything in Epcot, DHS, AK, and it's been a long time since there last projects.

Is that fair to say? I believe I'm telling the whole story. I'm not trying to make anything up.
Universal is building a major upgrade to Harry Potter as we speak...at Islands of Adventure.

I'm glad you are content with Disney's direction and I'm fine with that. There are those who like to pay $540.00 for a family of 4 to walk around the park and take the sites in. That's cool.

I'm one who would like to see a multi billion dollar company step up and build new rides at least every 5 years.
Walt Disney,
“Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.”

Disneyland is like a piece of clay, if there is something I don’t like, I’m not stuck with it. I can reshape and revamp.” - Walt Disney

“Whenever I go on a ride, I’m always thinking of what’s wrong with the thing and how it can be improved.” - Walt Disney

“It’s no secret that we were sticking just about every nickel we had on the chance that people would really be interested in something totally new and unique in the field of entertainment.” - Walt Disney

WDW needs to remember the past to forge into the future.

I LIKE THIS ONE BILLION TIMES!!!!

danjen2331

Walt Disney
Don't want to get into an argument, but the "Major Potter expansion" is just 2 rides. Same as FLE. Yet it is being seen in a different light. I was not trying to bash Uni and praise Disney but instead show that quantity does not mean quality. Harry Potter 1 was the greatest theme park expansion in a long time, yet added 1 ride. The reason was the theming and the world it brought you. When I said "You are not telling the whole story" had to do with what I mentioned here, quality is more important then quantity. I would prefer a good SW land in 2018 then a bad one tomorrow.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Harry Potter 1 was the greatest theme park expansion in a long time, yet added 1 ride. The reason was the theming and the world it brought you.
But what a ride. If Avland or SW land has as good theming area wide, leading to a up-the-bar-again single ride I think a lot of people, myself included, would be happy. Not that it would solve those parks problems, but it'd be a step in the right direction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
an inside track with rumors we can all get from one of the bus drivers

anyone could paint themselves as an "insider" and post rumors that are out there on the net in other places or even make something up all together... no one would know the difference

Ah, the good old "I don't agree with what is being said so let's try to discredit the insiders" tactic. Where I have seen that before.

CinematicFusion

Don't want to get into an argument, but the "Major Potter expansion" is just 2 rides. Same as FLE. Yet it is being seen in a different light. I was not trying to bash Uni and praise Disney but instead show that quantity does not mean quality. Harry Potter 1 was the greatest theme park expansion in a long time, yet added 1 ride. The reason was the theming and the world it brought you. When I said "You are not telling the whole story" had to do with what I mentioned here, quality is more important then quantity. I would prefer a good SW land in 2018 then a bad one tomorrow.

It's not an arguement, just a discussion from different perspectives on something we are all fans of. That and football season hasn't started yet so my Sundays are a little empty at the moment.

From where I'm coming from it feels Disney is in a creative dry spell in relation to the parks at WDW. Growing up, they always had something major they were developing.
Magic Kingdom opened in 1971, Epcot Opened in 1982, Hollywood Studios in 1989, and Animal Kingdom in 1998.
On average that is a new park every 6.75 years. Huge expansion over those 27 years.
The longest time between parks was 71 to 82. 11 years.

When looking at those numbers and then seeing what is happening at a park like Epcot...where for 9 years no new ride has emerged
Animal Kingdom...8 years since it's last major ride.
DHS...one ride in 14 years.

I get waiting for a quality experience but there was a time when Disney was building qualtiy parks at less time then their pace today.

Maybe I'm just one of a minority group who would like Disney to step it up as far as WDW and her parks are concerned.

mahnamahna101

*Since 2000 Islands of Adventure has opened 1 new ride (FJ)... And that was in 2009! (I don't count refurbs like Dragons or the Suess Trolley)
The same as DHS and Epcot!

*Since 2000 Studios has opened only 3 rides (Rockit, Mummy, Trnasformers)... (I don't count refurbs like Minons or Simpsons)
The same as AK!

*(Just saying... AK has also opened 3 new rides since 2000... Not 1. You forgot Dinoland)

I get what you are saying just thought you were not telling the whole story.

IOA was near-perfect to begin with lol - most complete non-Disney park I've ever seen and Universal didn't have the necessary capital to add brand-new rides every year until Comcast took over.

Despicable Me and Simpsons were complete re-themes with new effects so I think they count as new rides, not to mention Twirl n' Hurl this summer and according to the insiders, 2 e-tickets every year for the next 3 to 5 years. Disney has added 4 true-blue E-tickets (Soarin', Midway Mania, Mission - Space, Little Mermaid don't count lol) in the last 20 years while Universal will have added 5 E-tickets within the last 4 years come next summer :)

GeneralKnowledge

I understand your point, but HP was a fabulously themed land with one blockbuster ride. FLE is a fabulously themed land with 1 mediocre ride.

danjen2331

I understand your point, but HP was a fabulously themed land with one blockbuster ride. FLE is a fabulously themed land with 1 mediocre ride.
The exact point, the one ride is amazing. Meanwhile FLE while having more quantity has less quality. Which land is better? Potter. Quality is more important than quantity.

tirian

And don't forget that during the period between 1971 and 1982, the MK added BTMRR and Space Mt, plus constantly changed its entertainment. WDW didn't go truly dormant 'til 2006.

It's not an arguement, just a discussion from different perspectives on something we are all fans of. That and football season hasn't started yet so my Sundays are a little empty at the moment.

From where I'm coming from it feels Disney is in a creative dry spell in relation to the parks at WDW. Growing up, they always had something major they were developing.
Magic Kingdom opened in 1971, Epcot Opened in 1982, Hollywood Studios in 1989, and Animal Kingdom in 1998.
On average that is a new park every 6.75 years. Huge expansion over those 27 years.
The longest time between parks was 71 to 82. 11 years.

When looking at those numbers and then seeing what is happening at a park like Epcot...where for 9 years no new ride has emerged
Animal Kingdom...8 years since it's last major ride.
DHS...one ride in 14 years.

I get waiting for a quality experience but there was a time when Disney was building qualtiy parks at less time then their pace today.

Maybe I'm just one of a minority group who would like Disney to step it up as far as WDW and her parks are concerned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom