D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Harry Potter still has way too many video screen projections for my taste. Where are the actual themed environments with audio animatronics? There are like 2 real scenes in the ride and the rest is just staring at blurry dark screens.

Um, opening scene of Hogwarts castle going outside, the DRAGON, Spider scene, Whomping Willow, Dementors scene are all physical sets

SirLink

But what a ride. If Avland or SW land has as good theming area wide, leading to a up-the-bar-again single ride I think a lot of people, myself included, would be happy. Not that it would solve those parks problems, but it'd be a step in the right direction.

See it would a step in the right direction but one new land in two stale parks is simply IMHO feel a little too late.

Cosmic Commando

I know that was directed at Monty but as I said I enjoyed D23 and I have ZERO desire to buy any special merchandise. The only thing I bought was a copy of Realityland from David Koenig to get the real scoop on what goes down in the swamps of WDW.
I loved it for the info about the 70's and early 80's, but I wish there were a book with that much about DAK, DHS and beyond. I guess we'll just have to wait until more of those people retire.

BTW, are you channeling our dear departed banned member Thrawn, or is it just a coincidence?

mickey2008.1

Thanks cinematic, and it's good to see we righted the Black pearl, or I mean ship:D. So D23 was a show about nothing major and some little stuff, whatever, but at least we have learned????? What I have learned is that maybe Disneyland should be in one of my future visits, as it has and is getting a lot of attention, and good reviews. Hey, at least we can't be let down by a major announcement that will never come to fruition, as in the past. i agree with other posters here, don't say anything until it has already been started, that way at least we know it will happen, even if not on a grand scale.

AndyS2992

Can someone enlighten me as to any real announcements made about the parks? This thread is just a load of waffle lol

I'm hearing several reports of Disneyland's Peoplemover being changed to a Star Wars themed Rocket Rods and hatbox ghost returning to the Haunted Mansion but that's it :/

Californian Elitist

Can someone enlighten me as to any real announcements made about the parks? This thread is just a load of waffle lol

I'm hearing several reports of Disneyland's Peoplemover being changed to a Star Wars themed Rocket Rods and hatbox ghost returning to the Haunted Mansion but that's it :/

A long time ago, Disney announced they wouldn't be making any announcements in regards to the parks and resorts, yet we have this thread.

Nothing has or will be announced, including the PeopleMover and HBG rumors.

doctornick

But what a ride. If Avland or SW land has as good theming area wide, leading to a up-the-bar-again single ride I think a lot of people, myself included, would be happy. Not that it would solve those parks problems, but it'd be a step in the right direction.

This. Despite the misgivings of many on these pages, I don't think that Disney has to do something terribly dramatic to massively improve the flailing image of WDW. A well done Avatar and Star Wars lands in DAK and DHS would be huge for the parks.

Goofyernmost

24 pages of arguing, can someone post as to what happened at D23, without the rumors, and bs amongst other posters. Just the facts please, or a real trip report of what you experienced. I think it is time to start a ufc cage match thread with some of the posters on here as well.
OK, here is the awarding of "Disney Legend" to Tony Baxter. That was pretty upbeat and if you pay attention you will see a spot where he turns to King Iger and makes a very special request. That alone was worth the whole thing. Some folks feel that Tony sold out to get all the things that he was awarded this week. Disney Legend and a window on Main Street. Pretty big stuff in the world of WDI. Anyway, whatever, his agreement was, he must have allowed a little room for a jab or two. :happy:

Magenta Panther

OK, here is the awarding of "Disney Legend" to Tony Baxter. That was pretty upbeat and if you pay attention you will see a spot where he turns to King Iger and makes a very special request. That alone was worth the whole thing. Some folks feel that Tony sold out to get all the things that he was awarded this week. Disney Legend and a window on Main Street. Pretty big stuff in the world of WDI. Anyway, whatever, his agreement was, he must have allowed a little room for a jab or two. :happy:

I'm surprised Iger hasn't taken that Darth Vader mask and mounted it on a wall. What a schmuck. :p

SJN1279

A ride that makes a huge percentage of guests ill. A ride based on a huge family franchise, that most families can't ride together. A ride that makes guests feel isolated from the other members in their vehicle due to huge barriers between them.

What a ride.....

GeneralKnowledge

The exact point, the one ride is amazing. Meanwhile FLE while having more quantity has less quality. Which land is better? Potter. Quality is more important than quantity.

And lately WDW has had neither. Very few new additions and what they do build sucks. I don't understand why the TT redo doesn't get more attention for being horrible. They took a ride that was decent, but kinda stale, and thought it was a good idea to rebrand it and just remove all of the on-ride thematic elements.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Big announcement of the Expo! :p Well if you're a preschooler

556792_10151638094763978_822952351_n.jpg

1001099_10151638093568978_958188757_n.jpg

GLaDOS

Harry Potter still has way too many video screen projections for my taste. Where are the actual themed environments with audio animatronics? There are like 2 real scenes in the ride and the rest is just staring at blurry dark screens.

Seriously?

Scene 1: Floo Network (screen)
Scene 2: Observatory (real)
Scene 3: Hagrid's Dragon (screen)
Scene 4: Bridge/Dragon attack (real)
Scene 5: Forbidden forest (real)
Scene 6: Whomping Willow (real)
Scene 7: Quidditch Pitch (screen)
Scene 8: The Chamber of Secrets (real)
Scene 9: Chamber Escape (screen)
Scene 10: Great Hall (real/screen)
Scene 11: Floo Network (screen)

Looks to me it's about even. And the brand new updated high def screens make it fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom