D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

MarkTwain

So if he's coming back, they're using this AA
View attachment 29345

And not this AA?
View attachment 29346

YES!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

That was my take on it. :) The two figures I'd always heard were used for AA training were an America Sings goose (which was also on display) and a Mr. Lincoln figure, so I want to believe the rumor that the Hatbox Ghost on display was just Lincoln with a Hatty head stuck on to get fans excited.

Actually, that would also explain the AA Lincoln head they had in a different exhibit...

MarkTwain

Yep, definitely agree. That's exactly what I did in 2011. Didn't bother with the panels, just stuck with the displays and exhibits on the floor. It's a shame because it was the exact opposite in 2009. No lines, no crowds, just a whole bunch of fun, listening to multiple panels and screenings. I remember going to a panel/screening for Snow White, a preview/panel for The Princess and the Frog and others, with no problems. Sadly, those days are now long gone haha. Oh well.

Yeah I should have done that. :( This was my first Expo so I didn't know better. I didn't get to see the Archives and I'm still beating myself up for it.

The Empress Lilly

I took a pic of the WRE model, I'm not sure you're missing much. There may have been more than one but the very large one I saw was just a single scene, not the entire ride/showbuilding. And the scene was just the famous horse on the saloon roof scene depicted in so many renderings.

I can still post a pic in a little while if you'd like. :)
Yes please, any pics are welcome! With a tag to me if possible, this thread is large and unwieldy!

Californian Elitist

Yeah I should have done that. :( This was my first Expo so I didn't know better. I didn't get to see the Archives and I'm still beating myself up for it.

Don't feel bad, you had no clue. I missed everything I wanted to see last time, including the Princess Legend ceremony, as well as the panel for The Avengers. I was absolutely DISGUSTED. At least you're sticking it out! I have up after maybe two or three hours and just went to Disneyland instead lol.

TP2000

Agreed that the admissions process was a nightmare. I stood in long lines and hardly got into anything, I told my family that the day in summary was me getting shut out of things. I agree with @raven24 that less tickets sold would have been useful. All I know is that if you get in line for a presentation an hour before it even starts and still don't get in, then something's wrong. My advice to anyone visiting the Expo is to stay away from the "keynote" presentations and just stick to the floor and smaller presentations.

It's been reported on Miceage that Disney gives out thousands of cheap tickets ($10) to Disneyland Cast Members and Disney employees in Southern California. There's 25,000 CM's who work across the street at Disneyland, and another 25,000 employees up in Burbank and Glendale who also got the cheap tickets. Not all of them will show up obviously, but that's still thousands of extra people per day who are there with a very cheap entry ticket taking up space and filling seats.

That's a shame. When Saturday sold out at the box office I got a ticket for Sunday, and I may or may not go. All they seem to be offering at D23 for the Parks so far is a big model of a shopping mall that already exists, a couple of archival things from the 1970's, and an infomercial for MagicBands. Hmm....

CinematicFusion

This just in... At D23, they just announced to prepare for an announcement at nexts years special D23 about Star Wars, Avatar and what role they will have at the parks. Disney is saying it will be slightly more then a tease since they just teased us this year but they are supper excited and can't wait to show us!!!!
Man, can't wait till next year!!! Awesome!

Wonder what they will show us?...

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This just in... At D3, they just announced to prepare for an announcement at nexts years D3 about Star Wars, Avatar and what role they will have at the parks. Disney is saying it will be slightly more then a tease since they just teased us this year but they are supper excited and can't wait to show us!!!!

When you say D3 do you mean D23? Because unless Disney is changing something, D23's are only held every other year so there won't be one next year.

Californian Elitist

This just in... At D3, they just announced to prepare for an announcement at nexts years D3 about Star Wars, Avatar and what role they will have at the parks. Disney is saying it will be slightly more then a tease since they just teased us this year but they are supper excited and can't wait to show us!!!!

If things continue to follow the same schedule, the next expo won't be for another two years.

At this point, I don't care what happens.

Funmeister

This just in... At D23, they just announced to prepare for an announcement at nexts years special D23 about Star Wars, Avatar and what role they will have at the parks. Disney is saying it will be slightly more then a tease since they just teased us this year but they are supper excited and can't wait to show us!!!!

Yaaaaaawnnn

CinematicFusion

When you say D3 do you mean D23? Because unless Disney is changing something, D23's are only held every other year so there won't be one next year.

I guess I meant I'm tired of nothing happening except talk...been way to long for a theme park that considers itself to be the best not to step up and build a true e-ticket.
What happened when they were taking chances on rides like Mission Space back in August on 2003...10 years ago!
Think new fantasyland is exciting. Like what they did...but it is a crime they haven't touched the other parks.
People, you pay top dollar to go to these parks...top dollar.
Animal Kingdom hasn't changed since 05?
Epcot hasn't changed since 06?
DSH...one new ride in 15 years...and that was back in 08.
Ticket prices continue to rise though...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I guess I meant I'm tired of nothing happening except talk...been way to long for a theme park that considers itself to be the best not to step up and build a true e-ticket.
What happened when they were taking chances on rides like Mission Space back in August on 2003...10 years ago!
Think new fantasyland is exciting. Like what they did...but it is a crime they haven't touched the other parks.
People, you pay top dollar to go to these parks...top dollar.
Animal Kingdom hasn't changed since 05?
Epcot hasn't changed since 06?
DSH...one new ride in 15 years...and that was back in 08.
Ticket prices continue to rise though...

:confused:

CinematicFusion

What were you expecting we knew there was going to be nothing of note being shown.

Why not show a little of Avatar Land, the project Disney has been talking about since sept 20th 2011. This is what the show is about...right?? To hype up projects, films, animations. Or at least confirm a building date?
Wouldn't it have been cool if on that desk was a big note that said, "construction begins Sept 20th, 2013?"
That would have been saying something, without saying something.

I guess mice age was right...expect to see something new finished in the parks between 2018-2020.

Funmeister

Great for you...I expect more from Disney and it's parks. The teases did make me yawn though.

Well the sad thing is that other companies are building things. GREAT things...Disney is showing teasers for what could be expanded on in the future on projects that were announced two years ago. Look at the timelines of when Avatar was announced and what has been built at Universal in the same time frame.

It is also insulting for them to put some wooden crates and a mock Pandora "expedition" and think this will hold fans over until an actual announcement. Pathetic. I think we ALL expect a lot more from Disney but expectations are getting lower and lower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom