D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

PhotoDave219

Not really, it's a small booth off to the side of the pavilion. in fact i was surprised that they didn't try to 'sell it' any more than what is there currently. of course I skipped right by it since there was a lot more interesting stuff to see and do..

I'm judging it off a photo.

GLaDOS

Disney won't even announce anything about their biggest acquisition in years which will be getting a movie in 2 years at the Expo. Don't know why anyone was expecting anything about attractions we won't be seeing for another 5.

MarkTwain

Where was this confirmed?

I specifically asked the Imagineer working the Hatbox Ghost booth if the figure was ready for installation. He shook his head, and said they would never install that particular figure, as it was just a training figure used to training new hires on Animatronics. I grinned and said something like "that particular figure huh?" He looked kind of guilty/annoyed at his word choice and shook his head. I then kinda jokingly said "You didn't say you weren't working on one," and he replied "I wouldn't be inclined to comment if we were."

Take that for what you will.

matt9112

A model of Disney Springs is on display at D23, but I don't think it's the same one that was shown at the press conference in Florida.

BRQndjtCcAAvhfR.jpg:large

whats the large domed building to the far right in the photo?

MarkTwain

Okay I'm just going to be lazy. Can anybody link or direct me to pics or vids of the WRE model, and the DAK with Avatar land concept? Cheers.

I took a pic of the WRE model, I'm not sure you're missing much. There may have been more than one but the very large one I saw was just a single scene, not the entire ride/showbuilding. And the scene was just the famous horse on the saloon roof scene depicted in so many renderings.

184152686_640.jpg

I can still post a pic in a little while if you'd like. :)

MarkTwain

Done for the day. Managed a good bit of shopping, saw most of the floor and got into an amazing presentation about the Art and Artistry of Aulani, Joe Rohde is fun presenter!

Hoping to catch a few presentations tomorrow and Sunday... But we've seen most of the Expo otherwise.

Still not impressed by their admissions process, but generally a good day anyway.

Monty, you and I were in the same presentation! :D I was the blonde 20-something in the Epcot shirt wandering around the front looking for a seat minutes before the presentation started. Rohde is definitely a skilled presenter, and he accurately put words to many of the feelings I felt at Aulani.

Agreed that the admissions process was a nightmare. I stood in long lines and hardly got into anything, I told my family that the day in summary was me getting shut out of things. I agree with @raven24 that less tickets sold would have been useful. All I know is that if you get in line for a presentation an hour before it even starts and still don't get in, then something's wrong. My advice to anyone visiting the Expo is to stay away from the "keynote" presentations and just stick to the floor and smaller presentations.

EDIT: Also, the Mickey's of Glendale line is deceptively long because it extends to inside. I waited 70 minutes to get two pins, and I had originally pegged that line for 20 minutes. I missed a Tony Baxter presentation in the process. Ye be warned ;)

Last edited:

AllyInWonderland

I specifically asked the Imagineer working the Hatbox Ghost booth if the figure was ready for installation. He shook his head, and said they would never install that particular figure, as it was just a training figure used to training new hires on Animatronics. I grinned and said something like "that particular figure huh?" He looked kind of guilty/annoyed at his word choice and shook his head. I then kinda jokingly said "You didn't say you weren't working on one," and he replied "I wouldn't be inclined to comment if we were."

Take that for what you will.
So if he's coming back, they're using this AA
image.jpg

And not this AA?
image.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Californian Elitist

Agreed that the admissions process was a nightmare. I stood in long lines and hardly got into anything, I told my family that the day in summary was me getting shut out of things. I agree with @raven24 that less tickets sold would have been useful. All I know is that if you get in line for a presentation an hour before it even starts and still don't get in, then something's wrong. My advice to anyone visiting the Expo is to stay away from the "keynote" presentations and just stick to the floor and smaller presentations.

Yep, definitely agree. That's exactly what I did in 2011. Didn't bother with the panels, just stuck with the displays and exhibits on the floor. It's a shame because it was the exact opposite in 2009. No lines, no crowds, just a whole bunch of fun, listening to multiple panels and screenings. I remember going to a panel/screening for Snow White, a preview/panel for The Princess and the Frog and others, with no problems. Sadly, those days are now long gone haha. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom