D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

RSoxNo1

Disney missed a huge opportunity to promote MagicBands at D23. The panels could have been viewed as "Attractions" and the guests could have added them to their MagicBands like Fast Passes. Open up reservations an hour or 2 before the panel so everyone has a fair shot of getting in. You could always have a stand-by line if someone doesn't show up. No camping out and no long lines.
There was a booth for Magic Bands inside the Imagineering area. I picked the brain of the "Fastpass+ Expert"
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/news/2013/08/10/d23-expo-august-9-2013-my-magic-and-fastpass

sponono88

Apparently the "MyMagic+" dominates the the P&R pavilion. Or so the photo im seeing shows....

Not really, it's a small booth off to the side of the pavilion. in fact i was surprised that they didn't try to 'sell it' any more than what is there currently. of course I skipped right by it since there was a lot more interesting stuff to see and do..

alissafalco

This is freakin AWFUL. That dino pillow?
IMG_2339-550x366.png

It's from Target. We have it in my sons' nursery. They went to Target for this exhibit. Target. $16.99 (unless it was on sale).

http://www.target.com/p/circo-roar-n-stomp-pillow/-/A-13485734#prodSlot=medium_1_7

At least it's not Walmart?
They should be embarrassed, and why bother showing anything at all??

Lee

Adventurer
I believe @Lee mentioned some time ago that the Hatbox Ghost would be coming to one (or both) of the parks. Or at least that his figure exists. Well before this event (a year or so ago I think he said this).
Indeed.
I first heard about it three years ago.

Though I must say, I'm not sure I like the look of the new AA. I prefer the original HBG, even if he wasn't an A100 with lots of movement. No clue why they altered him.

Lee

Adventurer
There was a booth for Magic Bands inside the Imagineering area. I picked the brain of the "Fastpass+ Expert"
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/news/2013/08/10/d23-expo-august-9-2013-my-magic-and-fastpass
And this part right here:
  • When asked about availability of same day Fastpass for high demand attractions, it was established that this is a concern. However, it was also explained that the system as currently set up is a first come, first serve system.
  • At this time, there will be no Fastpasses held back for same day availability.
Is what makes it a permanent fail, at least to me. I really hate MM+ more with every new bit of info. Horrible.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Yeah but Disney can't be sure that would actually happen. They thought John Carter and Lone Ranger would succeed or else they wouldn't have gambled all that money. Nothing is 100% certain. At this rate their thinking is probably "better be safe than sorry".

Star Wars has at least 100 times larger fan base and cultural prominence than John Carter and Lone Ranger.

Mad Stitch

Pin....and...Vinylmation trading place...Thing-y?...I Really don't know..

I didn't think we knew, and I wanted to speculate in my original post but I thought someone would quickly come along and reprimand me for not knowing every bit of Disney news. It may still happen, but here it goes. There was a thread that mentioned Trader Sam's was in the plans for the remodeled Poly. That was a surprise to some of us because we thought it was being built at Disney Springs. Someone then posted that another club/restaurant with a very similar theme and much bigger would be built in it's place. Could this be it? Adventures Club + Trader Sam's = Adventure Trading Company

RSoxNo1

One of the things on display in the Imagineering Pavilion was Disney's DISH system. It's a 180 degree large concave screen that has been used as a tool for virtual ride throughs. At the expo they had it running Radiator Springs Racers, Mystic Manor, Test Track and clips of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

I asked the Imagineer at the pavilion if it would/could be used in park. He said, not immediately and listed many reasons why. Most notably, scaling it for a park is difficult because it can apparently sense the motion of an individuals eyes and move the image accordingly. He also mentioned something that has been discussed briefly here, the multiple layered screens (multi lexane maybe??) to create 3d images using this system.

I suggested that we may see this used on a galaxy far far away and he only smiled and went into the 3d component. From what Jim Hill reported, I really wouldn't be surprised if a version of this tech is what's used for the speeder bike attraction.

Travel Junkie

Hatbox Ghost has been confirmed as genuine and will be appearing in the Haunted Mansion Attic after the expo.

Disneyland's HM goes down in a couple weeks to get ready for the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. I doubt he would go right after the expo only to be taken out again. The Ghost would not fit the motif of the attic scene in the overlay.

If anything he goes after the overlay is done in January, but Disneylanders hear this rumor every year.

AllyInWonderland

Wait wait wait! How exactly would the Hatbox Ghost work if the bride with the beating heart isn't there? He would switch heads at each heartbeat. And how exactly would he fit into the story now that Constance is there instead of his bride Emily? o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom