D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

Magenta Panther

Hatbox Ghost has been confirmed as genuine and will be appearing in the Haunted Mansion Attic after the expo.

Really? Will the old "now-you-see-him, now-you-don't" trick with the hatbox work this time?

And why didn't they use the old Hatbox mold Lee talked about to build this AA?

FigmentJedi

Really? Will the old "now-you-see-him, now-you-don't" trick with the hatbox work this time?

And why didn't they use the old Hatbox mold Lee talked about to build this AA?
Apparently he was being tested a couple weeks ago after hours in the Attic with the intention to debut in the ride today, but they decided he wasn't quite ready yet and brought him to the expo.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wasn't that the official slogan of this year's expo?

I thought it was The Magic of Being Mad Bro?
you_mad_bro__no_i_am_mad_mickey_by_minon_master-d4qht4d.jpg

Captain Neo

Hatbox Ghost has been confirmed as genuine and will be appearing in the Haunted Mansion Attic after the expo.

Are you sure? Because Rickey Bergante from Insidethemagic talked to the imagineer and he clearly heard that it was a tech demo just for the fans at D23. It's essentially a Lincoln A100 prototype that they quickly redressed as Hatbox. I would love for you to be right though but I mean Ricky was there...

FigmentJedi

Oh.

California.

So I should care...... why, exactly?
This is the Age of One Disney. Florida's probably going to get one soon too. And with the power of the tracking wristbands, he'll single out people in your cars and go "BOOGITY BOOGITY INSERT NAME HERE"

Are you sure? Because Rickey Bergante from Insidethemagic talked to the imagineer and he clearly heard that it was a tech demo just for the fans at D23. It's essentially a Lincoln A100 prototype that they quickly redressed as Hatbox. I would love for you to be right though but I mean Ricky was there...
Cover story so that Disney can basically say "I hope you pretended you were surprised" when he goes in. It's not like Imagineers are made of wood.

PhotoDave219

This is the Age of One Disney. Florida's probably going to get one soon too. And with the power of the tracking wristbands, he'll single out people in your cars and go "BOOGITY BOOGITY INSERT NAME HERE"

Cover story so that Disney can basically say "I hope you pretended you were surprised" when he goes in. It's not like Imagineers are made of wood.

Oh just because California gets it, Florida will too? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Thats rich.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

The imagineer in one video also call the parrot animatronic from pirates, a tiki room bird so who knows whats the truth or not.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

I believe @Lee mentioned some time ago that the Hatbox Ghost would be coming to one (or both) of the parks. Or at least that his figure exists. Well before this event (a year or so ago I think he said this).

HMF

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
This is the Age of One Disney. Florida's probably going to get one soon too. And with the power of the tracking wristbands, he'll single out people in your cars and go "BOOGITY BOOGITY INSERT NAME HERE".
Yeah, it had better not. I already have heart palpitations each time one of the skeletons pops out from behind a gravestone, if it's too close to me. If a ghost actually called me by name, I might stroke right out.

Captain Neo

I dunno. Insiders from Al Lutz to Lee have been claiming hatbox ghost was coming back since Disneyland's 50th. and we have gone through major overhauls of both mansions and 8 years later still no Hatbox ghost in site. At this point im not believing it until I see it or at least until Disney officially acknowledges.

I mean that figure clearly looks like it was either an old Lincoln or jack Sparrow prototype with a hatbox ghost head put on its body. It's very makeshift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom