News D23 Expo Japan 2018

WDWTank

RNRC rethemed to Avengers
Buzz rethemed to Ant Man
Paradise Pier rethemed to Pixar

When can we retheme the CEO into something else?
How unImaginative
This very well may be the worst piece of concept art Disney has ever released:
View attachment 263413
Elastigirl is akwardly depicted as a costumed character, while Dash and Violet are literally photoshopped images of the Disney Infinity Figures. I'm not even joking:
View attachment 263417
I don't even know what's going on with Mr. Incredible, Frozone, and Dash.
How unIncredible

Sped2424

After this d23 Japan I don't see the push for people to care for the years beyond. KH3 will be out by the next one meaning no saturday draw, the WDS portion was a retread of previous announcements, and if they aren't going to work with OLC to announce stuff at this venue then who cares.

prfctlyximprct

IT AIN’T ENOUGH I WANT MORE
8D7191AA-EB57-4F94-9454-A4164B3E6771.jpeg

Last edited:

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
"As we build upon its core mission of optimism and hope to inspire the world, the real will become fantastic and the fantastic will become real—in whole new ways at Epcot" - Bob Chapek

He fancies himself to be like Willy Wonka now, eh?

“Inside this room, all of my dreams become realities, and some of my realities become dreams.”

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s been really sad to see Disney’s takeaway from their competition is to bring the product down to their construct, IP we own/have the rights to, instead of consistently high quality themed environments deeply tied into a thoughtfully conceived theme.

This.

Universal has done quite well with HP, so Disney thinks the only strategy that will work now is to do the same. More IP, more Marvel, more Pixar, more Star Wars.

Captain Barbossa

This very well may be the worst piece of concept art Disney has ever released:
View attachment 263413
Elastigirl is akwardly depicted as a costumed character, while Dash and Violet are literally photoshopped images of the Disney Infinity Figures. I'm not even joking:
View attachment 263417
I don't even know what's going on with Mr. Incredible, Frozone, and Dash.
That's not concept art, thats crap. I have never seen any concept art from Disney that bad before.

Timothy_Q

This.

Universal has done quite well with HP, so Disney thinks the only strategy that will work now is to do the same. More IP, more Marvel, more Pixar, more Star Wars.
It could still be all IP, but in the Carsland / Pandora / SWL level of quality.

Instead we're getting a dozen TSL's and a bunch of cheap reskinned rides that don't fit their lands/parks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom