News D23 Expo Japan 2018

jaxonp

If SWGE is a great as they say it’ll be the. I envision every Disney resort getting a variation of it or at least one of the E ticket. It’s only time in the way of this happening.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If SWGE is a great as they say it’ll be the. I envision every Disney resort getting a variation of it or at least one of the E ticket. It’s only time in the way of this happening.

Or, if the locals don't take kindly to Star Wars (I'm looking at you, China), then at leasy the mechanics can be repurposed for a different IP.

Last edited:

No Name

There was a variant of Space Ranger Spin in every castle park.

beachlover4444

Is it just me but shouldn't the lands have atleast 4 or 5 rides? You know like MK has. Something for everyone not just one fantastic ride that alot of people cant do because it's too intense or causes motion sickness. Those of us who are over 45, grandparents who come love to have a couple smaller rides we can do with the grandkiddies while mom and dad get to go ride the fun exciting stuff. Not stand around stuffing our faces with overpriced food and telling the grandkids they have enough trinkets

the.dreamfinder

Oh yeah, I'm sure their "grand vision" is a park with a Star Wars Land, Marvel Land, Pixar Land, and whatnot, that don't relate in any way. That's about all I'd expect from the current folks. As for LMA, it's my favorite show so I'd hate to see it go, but like many things in that park, its not in a great spot.
SW:GE is most likely headed to DLP.

Absimilliard

With regard to length, GotG will most definitely be in the top ten enclosed coasters in the world!!

How many enclosed coasters are there?

Eight.

Eight? Where did you get that figure?

Temple of the Nighthawk is the current longest with over 3800 feet of track at Phantasialand in Germany. Then, you have the five Space Mountain, two Flight of Fear in the US, two Rock n Roller Coaster, three Dark Knight Coaster wild mouse in the dark at Six Flags and I can go on.

Like I said in another thread, I predict the length of the new Guardians coaster will be around 3600-3700 feet long. Not as long as Temple of the Nighthawk, but longer than Rock n Roller Coaster and the Disneyland Space Mountains.

Regarding Rock n Roller Coaster at the Walt Disney Studios turning to Iron Man, great move for me. The ride was a blight as bad as Primeval Whirl and the whole thing lacked any ambition. The preshow is ridiculously short and seems to cut halfway through. I have to admit the loading area is quite nice and the only real loss in this conversion.

Looking at the release concept art, I figure the rumored 18 months closure is due to an extensive job that needs to be done on the front building. The preshow room is too small for that scene and that is the only place where it could fit outside of the loading area. Will they rebuild a new indoor waiting line and preshow area?

No Name

Eight? Where did you get that figure?

Temple of the Nighthawk is the current longest with over 3800 feet of track at Phantasialand in Germany. Then, you have the five Space Mountain, two Flight of Fear in the US, two Rock n Roller Coaster, three Dark Knight Coaster wild mouse in the dark at Six Flags and I can go on.

Like I said in another thread, I predict the length of the new Guardians coaster will be around 3600-3700 feet long. Not as long as Temple of the Nighthawk, but longer than Rock n Roller Coaster and the Disneyland Space Mountains.

Regarding Rock n Roller Coaster at the Walt Disney Studios turning to Iron Man, great move for me. The ride was a blight as bad as Primeval Whirl and the whole thing lacked any ambition. The preshow is ridiculously short and seems to cut halfway through. I have to admit the loading area is quite nice and the only real loss in this conversion.

Looking at the release concept art, I figure the rumored 18 months closure is due to an extensive job that needs to be done on the front building. The preshow room is too small for that scene and that is the only place where it could fit outside of the loading area. Will they rebuild a new indoor waiting line and preshow area?

Mindbender at Galaxyland is technically the longest enclosed coaster because the whole park is enclosed. That counts, right?

Absimilliard

Mindbender at Galaxyland is technically the longest enclosed coaster because the whole park is enclosed. That counts, right?

That's an interesting question and one I won't dare answer. Even if you consider that an Enclosed Coaster "is housed inside a dedicated building", it disqualifies many rides like Space Mountain WDW (the mountain also serves as the Peoplemover maintenance bay), Temple of the Nighthawk (the bottom floor is used for an hilariously bad and so awful its funny movie themed water dark ride), Space Mountain at Formosan Aboriginal Cultural Voyage in Taiwan (its part of a large covered section of the park) and others.

I personally don't consider Mindbender in the same lines as Space Mountain and the likes, but everyone has their opinion.

jaxonp

The mummies, gringotts, Tron, 5 space mountains ( 6 coasters , 2 at MK ) crush. That’s just Disney and Uni...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes but what does that have to do with SWGE?
Rylo Ken becomes Emperor Zurg, confirmed!
RyloKen.jpg
EmpZurg.jpg

RandySavage

BATB, Baymax and Soarin Small world Models We’re present at the Tokyo Disneyland 35th Exhibition yesterday. There were 1:200 3D scale of the whole area, Ride vehicles for Baymax and Soarin.
What is the best way to find photos of Soarin model on display? Were photos allowed to be taken? What are the Japanese sites that might have them? Much appreciated.

SweetDuffy101

What is the best way to find photos of Soarin model on display? Were photos allowed to be taken? What are the Japanese sites that might have them? Much appreciated.
No photos were allowed on that area....as for the the Soarin it has 11 to 12 seat per glide as for storyline and underground queue, it will be unique to disney sea it will be cenetered to the Research of Airplanes and the people who invented it, from floor to ceiling everything will be very well themed and be more like a museum,and Baymax has the identical vehicle as the Little Green Men.

This info was explained through the VIP lounge not in the public and gave a glimpse of the new artworks for the expansion pad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom