News D23 Expo Japan 2018

msg7

Just read it again, I think the Marvel retheme of RRC in Paris is a sign of what's to come in WDW. I know they are 2 completely different versions of the same ride but it's going to happen sooner or later. Maybe not with Marvel but most likely a Disney film franchise.

jaxonp

Just read it again, I think the Marvel retheme of RRC in Paris is a sign of what's to come in WDW. I know they are 2 completely different versions of the same ride but it's going to happen sooner or later. Maybe not with Marvel but most likely a Disney film franchise.
Right but why aren’t they building anything new?? This retheming attractions from the Bob playbook is really tired. Paris isn’t my home park but I really feel for their fan base. They are by far the most left out of the parks!

PizzaPlanet

I feel like if retheming RnRC was a priority for WDW we would have seen GotG there instead of UoE.

RandySavage

Everytime I see that Ren & Stimpy-style tv-based ride getting promoted by Chapek - and I think of it coming at the expense of those beautifully-detailed GMR show-sets - a little bile wells up.

The only meat is the re-theme of the Paris Rock n Rollercoaster.

Disney never fails to disappoint when these "get ready for a big announcement" things happen.

AndyS2992

1. Rock n Rollercoaster Paris to be rethemed to Marvel and more Marvel characters to meet
2. More Marvel coming to Hong Kong Disneyland, more specifically an Ant Man attraction
3. Guardians of the Galaxy coaster coming to Epcot and will be one of the longest indoor coasters in the World
4. Stars Wars Galaxy Edge coming to Disneyland and DHS
5. Star Wars Hotel at DHS will be connected to SWGE
6. Pixar Pier opening June 23rd 2018 with new Inside Out spinner and Incredibles retheme to California Screamin'
7. New Incredibles float for Paint the Night
8. Toy Story Land opening soon at Shanghai Disneyland and DHS Summer 2018
9. UP characters star in new show at Animal Kingdom opening April 22nd 2018
10. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad to replace the Great Movie Ride
11. Adventures by Disney offering trips to Japan
12. Big Hero 6 ride coming to Tokyo Disneyland
13. Beauty and the Beast land coming to Tokyo Disneyland
14. Soarin coming to DisneySea
15. New Minnie meet and greet in Tokyo's Toontown

So not much stuff we didn't already know.

Last edited:

trainplane3

1. Rock n Rollercoaster Paris to be rethemed to Marvel and more Marvel characters to meet.
2. More Marvel coming to Hong Kong Disneyland, more specifically an Ant Man attraction
3. Guardians of the Galaxy coaster coming to Epcot and will be ONE of the longest indoor coaster in the World.
4. Stars Wars Galaxy Edge coming to Disneyland and DHS
5. Star Wars Hotel at DHS will be connected to SWGE
6. Pixar Pier opening June 23rd 2018 with new Inside Out spinner and Incredibles retheme to California Screamin'
7. New Incredibles float for Paint the Night
8. Toy Story Land opening soon at Shanghai Disneyland
9. UP characters star in new show at Animal Kingdom opening April 22nd 2018
10. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad to replace the Great Movie Ride
11. Adventures by Disney offering trips to Japan
12. Big Hero 6 ride coming to Tokyo Disneyland
13. Beauty and the Beast land coming to Tokyo Disneyland
14. Soarin coming to DisneySea
15. New Minnie meet and greet in Tokyo's Toontown

So not much stuff we didn't already know.
Added that into there.

PizzaPlanet

This very well may be the worst piece of concept art Disney has ever released:
1518405886424.png

Elastigirl is akwardly depicted as a costumed character, while Dash and Violet are literally photoshopped images of the Disney Infinity Figures. I'm not even joking:
1518406041750.png

I don't even know what's going on with Mr. Incredible, Frozone, and Dash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom