News D23 Expo Japan 2018

nickys

Premium Member
Any idea what came up that they decided to cancel the theater for? Tron coaster costing more than they thought? lol. Wishful thinking it was canceled for another attraction or entertainment.

This might help. Jump to page 40 for the news breaking and discussion. Then try and detangle all the thread drift ...;)

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...lt-at-the-magic-kingdom-now-cancelled.929270/

But it took people by surprise, that's for sure.

- I think Martin said or implied he heard about a day (or two at most) before the walls came down!
- No announcement yet.
- There are a couple of possibilities it seems as to what might happen instead, if it happens in MK.
- Money could go elsewhere.

But in short, no one really knows anything yet.

RandySavage

What will they announce?

They usually don't usurp an upcoming opening (i.e. Shanghai Toy Storyland) with something better in the distant future (i.e. Shanghai - New E-ticket). At the same time, the Company has a tradition of unintentionally poking HK in the eye, so maybe announce something nice for Shanghai.

Definitely some talk about the US parks, as the US blog is promoting it.

Paris (WDSP) is way overdue for its DCA-style overhaul & re-branding, and Iger just mentioned expanding there, so maybe that will be discussed.

jrhwdw

Ya never know, Disney might have something up their sleeves (i.e. just like how the theater was announced at D23 last year and there were very few rumors surrounding it).
Plus there was a comment made about something coming from the warehouse after the MSEP 2017 ad played at last year's D23.

prfctlyximprct

BE5A161E-9C0E-46EE-8074-3B3A60F938B8.png
Why you do this to me disney?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom