News D23 Expo Japan 2018

brb1006

So now there's at least two worlds themed to Pixar. I would've preferred that they maintain tradition and not include any, but if you're going to do them, then you may as well do at least two.

I also hope that they finally introduce Mickey and Minnie's post-2016 look to the Tokyo parks.
I'm surprised Tokyo hadn't gotten them yet.

jrhwdw

There is a big chance its not gonna happen in Tokyo parks, Since fans reportedly not a big fan of the new looks.
While I'm glad to hear that..some of the 35th displays at the expo looks like it has the new look. IDK if its always been the new look with the 35th suff and I'm just noticing it now? I know Mickey & Friends in their 35th outfits in TDL was the old look.

SweetDuffy101

I'm expecting lots on the Beauty and the Beast expansion. Hoping so!
BATB, Baymax and Soarin Small world Models We’re present at the Tokyo Disneyland 35th Exhibition yesterday. There were 1:200 3D scale of the whole area, Ride vehicles for Baymax and Soarin was there a new Small world Mulan Costume was there. and other than that the rich history of TDR from Merch throughout the years and Stamps and Entertainment Costumes from Jubilation was there. Walt Disney Archives was an Awsome experience but the wait times are crazy with 180 mins wait time.

BrianLo

Based on past D23's - if they are talking about anything stateside related it is because they are trying to sell OLC on it.

M&MRR and the DCA Marvel expansion are two projects I see them wanting to upsell to OLC.

BUT - this is not D23 Anaheim and this is not the great project news dump of July 2017. So set your expectations accordingly and be surprised if anything gets announced.

the.dreamfinder

Based on past D23's - if they are talking about anything stateside related it is because they are trying to sell OLC on it.

M&MRR and the DCA Marvel expansion are two projects I see them wanting to upsell to OLC.

BUT - this is not D23 Anaheim and this is not the great project news dump of July 2017. So set your expectations accordingly and be surprised if anything gets announced.
THIS.
Maybe Galaxy’s Edge should be added to that list. The parking lot that’s going away could house GE as TL’s Toontown.

Last edited:

msg7

Here are the presentations for each day.

Saturday, Feb. 10th, 2018

Opening Ceremony
Lucas Film and Marvel Studio
Alan Menken Concert

Sunday, Feb. 11th, 2018

Tokyo Disney Resort 35th Anniversary
Walt Disney Studios

Monday, Feb. 12th, 2018

Disney Park's Magic
The Secret of Disney Dubbing
So our stateside announcements will come during the Disney Park's Magic presentation?

TTA94

There is a couple other things to consider. There is a rumor of MK's theater being canceled and the money was allocated to something else for Magic Kingdom.

Any idea what came up that they decided to cancel the theater for? Tron coaster costing more than they thought? lol. Wishful thinking it was canceled for another attraction or entertainment.

Ag11gani

OLC’s own Mr. Kagami executive just said That an exclusive Area are on the works for TDR after 2021. No other Details were mentioned. This was the 2nd Show of The Tokyo Disney Resort 35th anniversary presentation, and No it wasn’t on the Prompter. This was announced in the ending of the show.

Could this be Frozen because that was runored to be pushed way back, or possible what they are putting in the space they are going to make from putting in the new parking for TDL. Any thoughts?

SweetDuffy101

Could this be Frozen because that was runored to be pushed way back, or possible what they are putting in the space they are going to make from putting in the new parking for TDL. Any thoughts?
Scandinavian/Frozen port is still in the list, But there rumors of the Star Wars probably a new star/ a Japan Themed Area and the Wildcard,Kingdom of hearts Area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom