News D23 Expo 2022

Disney Analyst

I really like MK’s facade, but the kiddie queue diminishes it a little for me. The effect works better at DL because the facade doesn’t attempt to be scary at all, and the queue doesn’t counter it. MK’s facade looks a bit menacing, but then the interactive queue messes that up. Still, it’s lovely.

With all this being said, Mansion at MK was one of the rides that I really, really enjoyed during my very short visit in May. It’s on par with DL’s, in my opinion.

Agreed that MK mansion is actually really great (especially if you get to skip the extended cartoon queue). I love the stairway scene. Riding through the hallway of portraits is neat.

But I prefer Disneyland's attic.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event presented by Visa® will kick off Friday, September 9, with a fantastic spectacle that includes the Disney Legends Awards ceremony and an early look at Disney 100 Years of Wonder—an extraordinary celebration 100 years in the making. The opening ceremony will take place at 10:30 a.m. in Hall D23 inside the Anaheim Convention Center.

“For nearly a century, Disney has been entertaining and inspiring people around the world,” said Bob Chapek, CEO, The Walt Disney Company. “I can’t wait to give fans a first look at what we have in store for our hundredth anniversary, and how we’re using this occasion to celebrate all the fans and families who have welcomed Disney into their lives.”

The incredible opening event, which will be streamed as part of D23 Expo [LIVE], will feature musical performances, special guests, and surprises for the audience, including a special performance by cast members from Disney On Broadway’s productions of Aladdin and The Lion King, and The North American Tour of Frozen."

"The Disney Legends Awards program is a 35-year tradition of The Walt Disney Company, which began when Fred MacMurray (The gy Dog, The Absent-Minded Professor, The Happiest Millionaire) was honored in 1987. The awards ceremony is just one of the many spectacular events fans can enjoy during the three-day D23 Expo."

The 2022 Disney Legends Award honorees (listed alphabetically) are:

Anthony Anderson
Kristen Bell
Chadwick Boseman
Rob’t Coltrin
Patrick Dempsey
Robert Price “Bob” Foster
Josh Gad
Jonathan Groff
Don Hahn
Doris Hardoon
Idina Menzel
Chris Montan
Ellen Pompeo
Tracee Ellis Ross

"Honorees receive a two-foot-tall bronze Disney Legends sculpture that signifies the imagination, creativity, and magic they have brought to the Company. Disney Legends Award recipients will also participate in a handprint ceremony at the end of the event, and their bronzed prints will be displayed in the Disney Legends Plaza at the Company’s Burbank headquarters."

EPCOT-O.G.

i didn't know "starring in the hit movie frozen" meant you automatically become a disney legend!
It is wild that fourth-credited voice actors in FROZEN are Disney Legends, but none of the cast or creators of WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? (Zemeckis, Hoskins, Fleisher!) get any love. For my money, Hoskins gives one of the most remarkable physical comedic performances of all time, given the constraints in which he was working against.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah the legend ceremony has become increasingly a popularity contest. Don Hahn is probably the most "legend" of these names.

He's one of the very few on that list that are deserving. Josh Gad is a "Disney Legend" but someone like Eddie Sotto isn't? That's disgusting. "Disney Legend" basically means about as much as "Rock N Roll Hall of Fame" now. It spits in the face of true Disney legends.

TheMaxRebo

Yeah the legend ceremony has become increasingly a popularity contest. Don Hahn is probably the most "legend" of these names.
Bob Foster is pretty important to the history of the Disney company

Almost like they need more separation or different categories for what has been traditionally been considered a Disney Legend vs have a big role in popular ABC show(s). Like, I have no issue recognizing Anthony Anderson, he's done a lot and had a big influence in that sphere, but just feels a lot different than like a big time Imagineer or even like the impact Chris Montan had.

Cmdr_Crimson

"D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event presented by Visa® will kick off Friday, September 9, with a fantastic spectacle that includes the Disney Legends Awards ceremony and an early look at Disney 100 Years of Wonder—an extraordinary celebration 100 years in the making. The opening ceremony will take place at 10:30 a.m. in Hall D23 inside the Anaheim Convention Center.

“For nearly a century, Disney has been entertaining and inspiring people around the world,” said Bob Chapek, CEO, The Walt Disney Company. “I can’t wait to give fans a first look at what we have in store for our hundredth anniversary, and how we’re using this occasion to celebrate all the fans and families who have welcomed Disney into their lives.”

The incredible opening event, which will be streamed as part of D23 Expo [LIVE], will feature musical performances, special guests, and surprises for the audience, including a special performance by cast members from Disney On Broadway’s productions of Aladdin and The Lion King, and The North American Tour of Frozen."

"The Disney Legends Awards program is a 35-year tradition of The Walt Disney Company, which began when Fred MacMurray (The gy Dog, The Absent-Minded Professor, The Happiest Millionaire) was honored in 1987. The awards ceremony is just one of the many spectacular events fans can enjoy during the three-day D23 Expo."

The 2022 Disney Legends Award honorees (listed alphabetically) are:

Anthony Anderson
Kristen Bell
Chadwick Boseman
Rob’t Coltrin
Patrick Dempsey
Robert Price “Bob” Foster
Josh Gad
Jonathan Groff
Don Hahn
Doris Hardoon
Idina Menzel
Chris Montan
Ellen Pompeo
Tracee Ellis Ross

"Honorees receive a two-foot-tall bronze Disney Legends sculpture that signifies the imagination, creativity, and magic they have brought to the Company. Disney Legends Award recipients will also participate in a handprint ceremony at the end of the event, and their bronzed prints will be displayed in the Disney Legends Plaza at the Company’s Burbank headquarters."

Their just giving them to anyone..Yet The Inanimate Carbon Rod was snuffed again..
om8cvAcf_400x400.jpg

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
It is wild that fourth-credited voice actors in FROZEN are Disney Legends, but none of the cast or creators of WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? (Zemeckis, Hoskins, Fleisher!) get any love. For my money, Hoskins gives one of the most remarkable physical comedic performances of all time, given the constraints in which he was working against.
Unless Roger Rabbit gets a sequel in the future. I'm sure there will be creators or cast of WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT will get love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom