News D23 Expo 2022

AndyS2992

I think it’s sad that real ‘Disney Legends’ such as Verna Felton (Mrs Jumbo, Fairy God Mother, Flora, Aunt Sarah, Queen of Hearts etc) and Eleanor Audley (Maleficent, Lady Tremaine, Madame Leota and such) have never been honoured. Yes they’re dead but still a bit of a slap in the face for what they did for the company. And I’m sure there’s plenty more who are far more deserving.

BrianLo

I do wonder if this portends more Frozen news than expected (other than DLP news, maybe confirmation of a new movie or a new stateside attraction)

I do think you're right. The full cast receiving awards is a clever ploy to have them all present for the afternoon animation panel. So not parks related (which is two days later - specifically to have the cast that is).

Frozen 3 incoming.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So Joe Rohde, Eddie Sotto, Tom Morris, and a host of others aren’t “Disney Legends”, but Oprah Winfrey, Barbara Walters, and Robin Roberts are? That’s not a sexist comment, just some of the more egregious examples. Throw RDJ and Anthony Anderson in there if you’d like.

The “Disney Legend” award is about as meaningful as hair styling products in Bob Chapek’s bathroom.

JoeCamel

So Joe Rohde, Eddie Sotto, Tom Morris, and a host of others aren’t “Disney Legends”, but Oprah Winfrey, Barbara Walters, and Robin Roberts are? That’s not a sexist comment, just some of the more egregious examples. Throw RDJ and Anthony Anderson in there if you’d like.

The “Disney Legend” award is about as meaningful as hair styling products in Bob Chapek’s bathroom.
Company hands out marathon participation medals too......

peter11435

No doubt Joe, Eddie, and Tom deserve to be Disney legends. But it’s important to remember the company is more than just parks and resorts.

fgmnt

I guess being a disney legend is like getting in the basketball hall of fame and getting your name on a window is like getting your jersey number retired by the team.

Lilofan

Jail birds and on again off again drug related arrests of Robert Downey Jr and Johnny Depp didn't stop them from being awarded Disney Legend awards.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No doubt Joe, Eddie, and Tom deserve to be Disney legends. But it’s important to remember the company is more than just parks and resorts.
It absolutely is. My solution would be to have different "Legends wings", if you will - Movies, theme parks, television, Marvel, Star Wars. Give them some context instead of just using the overarching Disney "brand".

I guess being a disney legend is like getting in the basketball hall of fame and getting your name on a window is like getting your jersey number retired by the team.

I agree. All of those used to mean something but now have become so watered down.

TheMaxRebo

I think we just have to mentally separate traditional "Disney Legends" from "Disney/ABC/FOX celebrities that made a ton of money for the company"

No issue with both categories being recognized but sort of should be different awards or at least sub categories or something

DCLcruiser

I think we just have to mentally separate traditional "Disney Legends" from "Disney/ABC/FOX celebrities that made a ton of money for the company"

No issue with both categories being recognized but sort of should be different awards or at least sub categories or something
Disney Legends & Disney Icons

Icons are iconic, celebrities or people who are tied to Disney.
Legends are the real historical, book worthy, people. Hall of Fame.

An icon can become a legend.

TheMaxRebo

Disney Legends & Disney Icons

Icons are iconic, celebrities or people who are tied to Disney.
Legends are the real historical, book worthy, people. Hall of Fame.

An icon can become a legend.

obviously too late to do that now as you would have to "demote" some people from Legends to Icons, but this is definitely what I am thinking - even if not official this is how they are giving out the award now - for being a traditional Disney Legend or an "icon"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom