News D23 Expo 2019

CalebS

There seems to be a lot fewer rumored new attractions for this D23 compared to the last. That leads me to believe that it will mostly be about the 50th anniversary celebration and the Epcot spine as well as information about previously announced attractions. Fingers crossed AK gets a surprise announcement

Figments Friend

So yeah.....
How about that D23 Expo...?

Here are a few quick drawings I did that sum up the Expo experience....from a certain point of view.
I drew these a couple of weeks before attending my first ( and only ) Expo in 2015.

Turned out, these were quite spot on.

The 'Fantasy' and 'Reality' of attendee expectations.

brb1006

So yeah.....
How about that D23 Expo...?

Here are a few quick drawings I did that sum up the Expo experience....from a certain point of view.
I drew these a couple of weeks before attending my first ( and only ) Expo in 2015.

Turned out, these were quite spot on.

The 'Fantasy' and 'Reality' of attendee expectations.

View attachment 399493

View attachment 399496
I remember when these drawings was first posted. It feels like yesturday when they revealed Toy Story Land, Pandora (Then called Avatarland), and Galaxy's Edge (Then called "Star Wars Land"). Along with the first look at the characters from Zootopia, and Gigantic (still sad about that film getting shelved). :(

BTW: Really love your drawings, you should do more illustrations like these every once in a while. Especially your drawings of Tony Baxter and Figment.

goofyyukyuk

Hey everybody. It seems to be a common theme that most people, including myself, didn’t get any reservations for the D23 Expo. My question is, what time should I plan on lining up to get into the D23 Gold Member Queues for the Walt Disney Studios and Parks presentations on Saturday and Sunday? I know that the line officially opens at 7 the night before, but I can’t believe that if you don’t get in line then, you won’t get into those presentations. Maybe I’m wrong. This is my first Expo, and I was wanting some thoughts from people who have attended before. Thanks!

BrianLo

Hey everybody. It seems to be a common theme that most people, including myself, didn’t get any reservations for the D23 Expo. My question is, what time should I plan on lining up to get into the D23 Gold Member Queues for the Walt Disney Studios and Parks presentations on Saturday and Sunday? I know that the line officially opens at 7 the night before, but I can’t believe that if you don’t get in line then, you won’t get into those presentations. Maybe I’m wrong. This is my first Expo, and I was wanting some thoughts from people who have attended before. Thanks!

The Gold Queue is for a select few hundred people who get in ahead of the stage pass crowd.

Typically to be part of that queue requires overnighting, otherwise you'll be more towards the 'front' of the standby queue (but still after all the stage pass crowd).

Supposedly you can get into standby ~90 minutes ahead of time and still potentially make it into the presentation.

All of which is to say either get into the gold queue at 7PM or just get into the standby 2-3 hours ahead.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If anyone still believes anything they read online, expect this presentation to be Epcot heavy. There should be something for Shanghai and something for Hong Kong, a few Marvel things for DCA (but don’t call it Marvel) including something I don’t think is “out”’yet - well not in the US (and it’s not Slingshot), boat stuff as well but plenty about Epcot. New CV film details. The UK project everyone’s waiting for. SSE. And the thirds of Futureworld.

Plus a few other WDW items outside of the berms. One of them just outside.

Last edited:

Franklin47disneyguy

If anyone still believes anything they read online, expect this presentation to be Epcot heavy. There should be something for Shanghai and something for Hong Kong, a few Marvel things for DCA (but don’t call it Marvel) including something I don’t think is “out”’yet (and it’s not Slingshot), boat stuff as well but plenty about Epcot. New CV film details. The UK project everyone’s waiting for. SSE. And the thirds of Futureworld.

Nothing for Paris Marvel area?

britain

If anyone still believes anything they read online, expect this presentation to be Epcot heavy. There should be something for Shanghai and something for Hong Kong, a few Marvel things for DCA (but don’t call it Marvel) including something I don’t think is “out”’yet - well not in the US (and it’s not Slingshot), boat stuff as well but plenty about Epcot. New CV film details. The UK project everyone’s waiting for. SSE. And the thirds of Futureworld.

Aw, I was really hoping for DL Tomorrowland news. Thanks for the rundown!

Frankiepopsicles

Any chance we could hear something about an Fantasyland expansion at Disneyland?

sedati

Just outside the berms sounds like a new hotel. And i really hope it isn’t a revival of that god awful Epcot hotel idea.
Of every park (in the world) Epcot seems the one to lend itself best to the idea of an adjoining hotel.
Execution is another thing, but to me it makes sense. Wasn't it a huge component of Westcot, aka Epcot 2.0?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Of every park (in the world) Epcot seems the one to lend itself best to the idea of an adjoining hotel.
Execution is another thing, but to me it makes sense. Wasn't it a huge component of Westcot, aka Epcot 2.0?

If I remember correctly the execution of the plan was the issue at Epcot. I don't think it was going to be a Grand Californian/Costa Mira level of design and execution, and certainly not a WestCOT plan - I think those days of design at TWDC are long gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom