• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News D23 Expo 2019

embracejg

The only arrogance I see is you making a demand for explanation or accountability. The only smugness I see is you believing in the infalibility of your percieved point of view on this matter. The stubborness to which you hold to this position when confronted with the idea that you will not recieve what it is that you believe is owed you in the way of explanation for percieved errors is rather funny at this point. You won't get the people whom released the data/information/knowledge to say what you want, and that is not a RUMOR but a plain and simple FACT.

This smug, elitist crap is why I'm done with this board.

I ask fair questions and I get slammed for daring to question your supposedly infallible "insiders" and suggesting that these gods among men have ever repeated information from one of their sources that ended up being wrong.

The idea that they owe no one any explanation or even a response when this inevitably happens -- and it can easily happen through no fault of their own --- that way of thinking opens the door for a hundred more Tom Corless clones.

I just cannot stand this fandom anymore.

mk1971

Advertisement
Apparently he tried to make a power play and they punished him with this

There was a lot of local drama in Bahamas when Disney purchased the island. Some local environement groups didn't want it at all, they created petitions online to stop it...

I guess that's why they put Rhoade to talk about Lighthouse Point and focus so much on how they care for the environement.

rocketraccoon

Goin through these pretty quick. Here's a remake of that killer Universe of Energy poster.

Other versions here, even ones without any text: Click me!

I should probably make a thread elsewhere (or check to see if this is even allowed)

The_Jobu

Probably a dumb question, but other than bits and pieces on ebay, does d23 merch ever make its way to the parks?

Usually I'm not a big merch guy, but I saw an Epcot shirt there that looked amazing. Curious if I should just get it out of my head now.

Mike S

Probably a dumb question, but other than bits and pieces on ebay, does d23 merch ever make its way to the parks?

Usually I'm not a big merch guy, but I saw an Epcot shirt there that looked amazing. Curious if I should just get it out of my head now.
This shirt or a different one?
C63891C2-3604-4A00-8BA7-D26295F02136.jpeg

Exclusive merch is one of the big draws of D23 so no I don’t think they ever go out except for resellers.

The_Jobu

This shirt or a different one?
View attachment 404444

Exclusive merch is one of the big draws of D23 so no I don’t think they ever go out except for resellers.

Hey get out of my head wizard!!!

That's the one. I love it. Not enough to give an ebay scalper 500% markup for it, but I do love it.

Bummer it wont come to the parks but I get it, it's supposed to be exclusive, that's probably the appeal. Ah well.

Mike S

Hey get out of my head wizard!!!

That's the one. I love it. Not enough to give an ebay scalper 500% markup for it, but I do love it.

Bummer it wont come to the parks but I get it, it's supposed to be exclusive, that's probably the appeal. Ah well.
Well I posted that picture in this thread before so I assumed that’s the one you saw ;)

It is a pretty nice shirt. Thinking about it now I probably should’ve gotten more at the expo than just the one shirt for myself. Could’ve payed off my trip with eBay 🤣

Figments Friend

Yes, i have seen D23 event merch for sale at Disneyland's 'Disneyana' art / collecibles shop post-event.
I visited the Park during a trip to California in 2017, and was stunned to find a lot of the Epcot 'retro' merch that was exclusive for a event earlier that year.
It was a nice surprise...picked up a really nice shirt i would not have otherwise been able to get.

:)

-

The_Jobu

Yes, i have seen D23 event merch for sale at Disneyland's 'Disneyana' art / collecibles shop post-event.
I visited the Park during a trip to California in 2017, and was stunned to find a lot of the Epcot 'retro' merch that was exclusive for a event earlier that year.
It was a nice surprise...picked up a really nice shirt i would not have otherwise been able to get.

:)

-

Interesting... Verrrrrrrry interesting.

I'll have to keep my eyes open next time I'm in WDW.

CalebS

Is it possible they held back things to have stuff to announce when Universal makes announcements about their upcoming park?

TrainChasers

Well I posted that picture in this thread before so I assumed that’s the one you saw ;)

It is a pretty nice shirt. Thinking about it now I probably should’ve gotten more at the expo than just the one shirt for myself. Could’ve payed off my trip with eBay 🤣

No joke. the camp shirts in Mickey’s of Glendale are selling for double the price. I only got one, which I intend to keep, I should have gotten one of each to sell to pay for the trip!

Now I know why they were enforcing 1 of each design at the registers (the people next to me had to put stuff back).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom