D23 Expo 2015

Kman101

Remember when everyone was excited about 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, thinking it would be some cool big coaster? I feel like the slinky ride will be the same thing. I think it will be incredibly cute, I only hope that they make up for it being a family coaster by making the track longer than 25 seconds.

IDK. I think many saw the concept art and knew SDMT would be on the short side. I can't recall there being gushing and then 'that's it'. More were disappointed we only got one major show scene and a minor one at the end. But it's been a while now. I see your point, though.

Lee

Adventurer
Random thoughts...

- Toy Story Land. I know Kathy is promising Cars Land levels of immersion, but I'm not convinced. It may turn out fine. I like what I see of the coaster.
But...I can't help but worry that the slightest nudge could send it into Storybook Circus territory. That would be a devastating failure.

I know I'm not the target audience for either the Circus or TSL, but...aiming for kids never turns out well.

- Star Wars Land at DL. Some outlets now stating that it won't take over Toontown. I know for a fact that Toontown was the plan for months, but things do change.
However...I don't see how they get to 14 acres without it.
It would require moving a ton of backstage stuff, with little in the way of places to move it to.

-Star Tours at DL. That's going to be interesting to watch. Don't see how it can stay as-is.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Random thoughts...

- Toy Story Land. I know Kathy is promising Cars Land levels of immersion, but I'm not convinced. It may turn out fine. I like what I see of the coaster.
But...I can't help but worry that the slightest nudge could send it into Storybook Circus territory. That would be a devastating failure.

I know I'm not the target audience for either the Circus or TSL, but...aiming for kids never turns out well.

- Star Wars Land at DL. Some outlets now stating that it won't take over Toontown. I know for a fact that Toontown was the plan for months, but things do change.
It would require moving a ton of backstage stuff, with little in the way of places to move it to.

-Star Tours at DL. That's going to be interesting to watch. Don't see how it can stay as-is.
What do you think will happen to the infrastructure at DHS that will be displaced?

BrianLo

Not that I'm complaining about this years D23, it was absolutely great, but I really, really wanted them to finally clear up two things.

1) There is indeed a Pandora boat ride (yes!)
2) Toon Town is indeed leaving for Star Wars

I thought this was more than enough 'definitive evidence' when Iger told us the square footage that perfectly lined up with Mice Age's map.

Unfortunately, Theme Park Insider set off this recent round by saying the Disney Twitter "definitively" said Toon Town is staying when they absolutely did no such thing! This is the twitter exchange:

1. Paul ‏@PaulYankees 16h16 hours ago
    @DisneylandToday are they building it behind Fantasyland or Tomorrowland at Disneyland?

2. Disneyland Today ‏@DisneylandToday 16h16 hours ago
    @PaulYankees It's going to be in the Big Thunder Ranch area, inclusive of some backstage locations.
Ironically they say this in the article:

There's an art in public relations to denying something that will happen, but that you haven't yet announced. You want to deny the statement, but not put yourself in the position of having lied once the announcement is made. This is why PR reps say things such as "we have no plans to announce at this time," etc. But Disneyland Today's denial of the Star-Wars-at-Toontown rumor was flat-out.

Then this is a follow up twitter exchange.

1. DiscoveryArcade ‏@DiscoveryArcade 11h11 hours ago
    .@DisneylandToday Will Mickey's Toontown close in the future to make space for #StarWarsLand?

2. Disneyland Today ‏@DisneylandToday 5h5 hours ago
    @DiscoveryArcade More information will be shared via the Disney Parks Blog and http://Disneyland.com as it becomes available.
Going to be a long year ahead before Disney quietly announces Toon Town's closure on a Friday Afternoon in about a year.

As for Star Tours leaving, I have a feeling that's my new 'thing' that's replaced the Boat Ride cuts. *sigh*

Last edited:

BrerJon

I've seen The Godfather dozens of times and I could put it on right now and thoroughly enjoy it. I've seen most of the shows at DHS a handful of times and I don't care to watch them again. There's not a one of them that is Godfather good or even close..

You know you're in the presence of hardcore Disney nuts when people are comparing 'Beauty and the Beast: Live On Stage' to The Godfather with a straight face!

Lee

Adventurer
Not that I'm complaining about this years D23, it was absolutely great, but I really, really wanted them to finally clear up two things.

1) There is indeed a Pandora boat ride (yes!)
2) Toon Town is indeed leaving for Star Wars

I thought this was more than enough 'definitive evidence' when Iger told us the square footage that perfectly lined up with Mice Age's map.

Unfortunately, Theme Park Insider set off this recent round by saying the Disney Twitter "definitively" said Toon Town is staying when they absolutely did no such thing! This is the twitter exchange:

1. Paul ‏@PaulYankees 16h16 hours ago
    @DisneylandToday are they building it behind Fantasyland or Tomorrowland at Disneyland?

2. Disneyland Today ‏@DisneylandToday 16h16 hours ago
    @PaulYankees It's going to be in the Big Thunder Ranch area, inclusive of some backstage locations.
Ironically they say this in the article:

Then this is a follow up twitter exchange.

1. DiscoveryArcade ‏@DiscoveryArcade 11h11 hours ago
    .@DisneylandToday Will Mickey's Toontown close in the future to make space for #StarWarsLand?

2. Disneyland Today ‏@DisneylandToday 5h5 hours ago
    @DiscoveryArcade More information will be shared via the Disney Parks Blog and http://Disneyland.com as it becomes available.
Going to be a long year ahead before Disney quietly announces Toon Town's closure on a Friday Afternoon in about a year.

As for Star Tours leaving, I have a feeling that's my new 'thing' that's replaced the Boat Ride cuts. *sigh*
Aaahhhh......now I see where that started.
Sadly, that's going to make people more upset when the time comes.

hopemax

Is it possible that some part of Toontown stays? IE Roger Rabbit to the bathrooms? But Star Wars takes: the Treehouse, Gadget, Mickey & Minnie's House, Donald's Boat, and Goofy's House?

Figments Friend

Woweee.....

Just met Tony Baxter a little while ago which was a wonderful experience.
We talked a bit about the Original JII Attraction and I told him about all of us dedicated fans who loved that Attraction and want Dreamfinder to return to Epcot.
His response was that we need to make it happen...its up to US to send that message loud and clear to the West Coast.

He said they did not really realize there was a huge following for that character and the original Attraction until recently with the comic series.
It was a big surprise...so keep sending the message.
I told him there are thousands of us eagerly awaiting the return of him and a imaginative Imagination Pavillion.
Tom Morris was present as well, and he was enjoying our chat.

When I moved on after our chat, Tony leaned over towards Tom and said brightly-
"Maybe they will hire me back..!"

:0

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Woweee.....

We talked a bit about the Original JII Attraction and I told him about all of us dedicated fans who loved that Attraction and want Dreamfinder to return to Epcot.
His response was that we need to make it happen...its up to US to send that message loud and clear to the West Coast.

He said they did not really realize there was a huge following for that character and the original Attraction until recently with the comic series.
It has a big surprise...so keep sending the message.
I told him there are thousands of us eagerly awaiting the return of them.

When I moved on after our chat, Tony leaned over towards Tom and say brightly-
:jawdrop:

Thanks for this post!

Mouse3268

Slinky's is probably a C+. It'd be a D most likely if it was actually themed and no exposed track. From the video, it actually appears it could easily surpass every coaster in MK by thrill factor based on what i'm looking at in the video/concept image.

I really don't know why an exposed track is like the bogyman. Also the ride looks pretty themed to me, don't know what you are looking at. Also people need to realize that both the Slinky roller coaster and the 7DMT are E tickets. If they would have been built during the ticket system era, they both would have required an E ticket due to demand.

Next Big Thing

I really don't know why an exposed track is like the bogyman. Also the ride looks pretty themed to me, don't know what you are looking at. Also people need to realize that both the Slinky roller coaster and the 7DMT are E tickets. If they would have been built during the ticket system era, they both would have required an E ticket due to demand.
You had me until you said 7DMT was an E-ticket.

BrerJon

Woweee.....

So glad you achieved your goal for the convention - with that meeting and getting into the Parks panel, you seem to have had a much better experience than most, guess that planning and setting expectations low paid off!

How long did you have to wait in line for the Parks panel, if you don't mind me asking? Did they have a fastpass or anything like that? In 2011 I waited four hours and only just got in before the arena was full, so I'm curious if things are better or worse now.

Figments Friend

So glad you achieved your goal for the convention - with that meeting and getting into the Parks panel, you seem to have had a much better experience than most, guess that planning and setting expectations low paid off!

How long did you have to wait in line for the Parks panel, if you don't mind me asking? Did they have a fastpass or anything like that? In 2011 I waited four hours and only just got in before the arena was full, so I'm curious if things are better or worse now.

Thank you!
I am very happy to have had the opportunity to talk to Tony.
Went to his autograph session, and at the end of our chat he asked me for MY autograph.
Wow.....not every day you have that happen!

Regarding the wait into the Parks Panel.....I arrived in line about an hour before the presentation and ended up being seated in a mid section to the far left side of the hall.
You could not really see the stage, but the multiple monitors made for enjoyable viewing.
It was smooth and easy to get in, despite the huge crowd waiting until morning.
The larger Hall helped.
There was no StagePass for the big Hall 23 presentations, so I was not expecting to get in.
Went to try on a whim, and I am very glad I did.
Seeing James Cameron was a neat surprise.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Woweee.....

It has a big surprise...so keep sending the message.
I told him there are thousands of us eagerly awaiting the return of him and a imaginative Imagination Pavillion.

When I moved on after our chat, Tony leaned over towards Tom and said brightly-
:0

I'm so happy for you! I'm misty eyed over here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom