D23 Expo 2015

ToTBellHop

The track is a lot bigger if you click at the larger image...
Toy-Story-Land_Full_25052.jpg

Now that we know where it's going there is one question I am REALLY Wondering.....

What the Fate of Earffel Tower will be...
100_2296.jpg

Will it stay or will it go?
Well, will the final land many of us are anticipating at the back of the park come with a new park icon?

G00fyDad

So.... that rendering of TSL leaves me with another question. Will they put this on back of Pixar Place and make a different TSMM entrance? That all looks way too big to go in front of Pixar Place and still keep the courtyard and GMR.

novawildcat18

So.... that rendering of TSL leaves me with another question. Will they put this on back of Pixar Place and make a different TSMM entrance? That all looks way too big to go in front of Pixar Place and still keep the courtyard and GMR.
Yes, I'm curious as to what will become of the current Pixar Place... has it been talked about on here yet?

Cmdr_Crimson

If you look above the logo of TSL You can see the catwalk which was a part of the old tour..The new land is going to be BEHIND Toy Story Mania and the entrance is going to be between Mania & the former Jack Sparrow attraction...
6gXkybS.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If you look above the logo of TSL You can see the catwalk which was a part of the old tour..The new land is going to be BEHIND Toy Story Mania and the entrance is going to be between Mania & the former Jack Sparrow attraction...
6gXkybS.jpg

This is not what you are seeing the art. This comes out of the end of the building, what is in the art comes out the side/back.

Capture.JPG

ToTBellHop

6gXkybS.jpg
While I don't personally see the catwalk in the art (that is all Midway Mania pictured at the bottom of the concept), that is certainly the area of the entrance. I think they may demolish Sparrow altogether to broaden the entrance so it isn't a right angle turn into the land away from the closed Pixar Place. It should largely be a straight shot back off of Center Stage. One of the goals of this project is to streamline the confusing setup of the park so people get lost less.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
While I don't personally see the catwalk in the art (that is all Midway Mania pictured at the bottom of the concept), that is certainly the area of the entrance. I think they may demolish Sparrow altogether to broaden the entrance so it isn't a right angle turn into the land away from the closed Pixar Place. It should largely be a straight shot back off of Center Stage. One of the goals of this project is to streamline the confusing setup of the park so people get lost less.

I assume he is talking about this, but it's not the same structure.

Capture.JPG

jme

How is Toy Story Land better than Cars Land? Carny rides better than a immersive E ticket?
Because the Cars franchise a disgusting cashgrab, and widely considered to be Pixar's worst films. If they give the level of detail to theming for Toy Story Land that they gave Cars Land (which, is exactly what she said they were going to do) then it's instantly better in my book on franchise alone.
It was not my number one choice though, I would have much rather seen just an overall expansion of Pixar Place to incorporate all the films (Monsters Inc Chair Coaster, etc.) but I get that the Emoryville campus does not scream "Immersive Theming" so if you had to pick something, Toy Story makes the most sense.
As for the "carny rides" - I'll hold judgement. The alien spinner LOOKS like its a reskin of the Mater ride in Cars Land. Slinky Dog coaster look infinitely better than the Slinky Dog ride in HK... and a "family coaster" does not equal "carny ride". Based on the concept art it looks miles beyond the only true "carny ride" in WDW, Primeval Whirl.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Our experience that morning was NOT a regular Disney theme park line experience, first of all. Second, I was making the point at the time that there was NO excuse for the complete lack of planning. We finally got in around 11:30, after 3 and one half hours in line outside of a building that had a football-field worth of room, and should have opened BEFORE the advertised shows started. Would you go to a concert that started at the same time that they opened the doors to the event, and had to scan each individual ticket?

Long lines before the venue even opens is pretty common for these big shows... This is like complaining about waiting for a bus after the mk closes... Welcome to reality.

But the worst part, the part that got me to post, was the heat and direct sunlight on a 100-degree day (which you might have heard about on the news). They wrapped the line around such that most of us were in direct sunlight, which no vendors, water, or bathrooms around (again not like the park), and with NO shade (not like Disney parks on most rides) for OVER three hours.

It's news only because SoCal is so used to their consistent weather. Sorry you weren't ready for this possibility... But welcome to going to CONs.... Lots of lines, lots of waiting, lots of standing, lots of people.

Brian Swan

I mean . . . it's pretty clear Toy Story Land will not feature an attraction in any way comparable to Radiator Springs Racers. Details of what is coming have yet to be shared, but it's fair to say the comparison between this and Cars Land is not quite even. I agree with you that it sounds like this land should be nice for what it is, but it seems foolish of the company to try to relate it to one of it's most immersive experiences.
Based on the "immersion" factor, and based on what little we've actually *seen*, I think the comparison is fair. Carsland is a great immersive experience (as is the mostly forgotten and soon to be demolished Toontown), but I believe that the "immersion factor" will be no less in Toy Story Land. As for rides, the flying saucers will be a clone of Mater (one of the best "flat" rides I've been on), and the "big" ride will be a coaster (which appears to be quite large and looks like it will have a launch segment) instead of RSR. And although not "new", TSMM (one of the most popular rides in all of WDW) ia also part of this "land"; I'm wondering if they will reroute the queue so that the entrance to the ride is actually "in" the land vice next to it. Although RSR is arguably one of the best rides Disney has created in a long time, in many ways, I am looking more forward to a different experience than a clone of what's in DLR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom