D23 Expo 2015

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Woweee.....

Just met Tony Baxter a little while ago which was a wonderful experience.
We talked a bit about the Original JII Attraction and I told him about all of us dedicated fans who loved that Attraction and want Dreamfinder to return to Epcot.
His response was that we need to make it happen...its up to US to send that message loud and clear to the West Coast.

He said they did not really realize there was a huge following for that character and the original Attraction until recently with the comic series.
It has a big surprise...so keep sending the message.
I told him there are thousands of us eagerly awaiting the return of him and a imaginative Imagination Pavillion.
Tom Morris was present as well, and he was enjoying our chat.

When I moved on after our chat, Tony leaned over towards Tom and said brightly-
"Maybe they will hire me back..!"

:0

I know you've been a big fan of Tony Baxter forever, so I'm sooo glad you got to meet him and have a discussion about the future of JII!!

:joyfull:

brb1006

Woweee.....

We talked a bit about the Original JII Attraction and I told him about all of us dedicated fans who loved that Attraction and want Dreamfinder to return to Epcot.
His response was that we need to make it happen...its up to US to send that message loud and clear to the West Coast.

He said they did not really realize there was a huge following for that character and the original Attraction until recently with the comic series.
I told him there are thousands of us eagerly awaiting the return of him and a imaginative Imagination Pavillion.

Come on guys, spread the word! We need to make this happen. I really hope the Imagination Pavilion get's a new color scheme that's looks much better than the orange and yellow colors. I also love the area music.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I know you've been a big fan of Tony Baxter forever, so I'm sooo glad you got to meet him and have a discussion about the future of JII!!

:joyfull:

Thank you.
It was a great experience having some time with Tony, and Tom Morris.
Just looked over my photos, and there is a fun one of the three of us talking that looks like we are having a open brainstorming session discussing the future Imagination.
A really neat image.
My 'fantasy' Imagineer moment.

Will take several days to share that, but I will share some Expo photos I snapped once back home.

:)
-

Kman101

Woweee.....

So happy you got to meet him! I've loved seeing your enthusiasm and you have a great attitude about things. That warmed my heart, honestly, especially when he said "maybe they will hire me back". Aww. I think it's a shame so many of his great ideas have been either decimated or never built. He's so talented and I seem to love everything of his.

Figments Friend

So happy you got to meet him! I've loved seeing your enthusiasm and you have a great attitude about things. That warmed my heart, honestly, especially when he said "maybe they will hire me back". Aww. I think it's a shame so many of his great ideas have been either decimated or never built. He's so talented and I seem to love everything of his.

Thank you Kman...really nice of you to say that.
It was a memorable moment, but also bittersweet as it made it seem he really is 'out on the curb'.

I remember when he first announced his ' retirement' there was some confusion in the fan community, not to mention utter outrage and sadness.
Tony has said from the beginning he still has a part-time Advisor role, and in a couple of interviews when the topic comes up he gives the impression he is still very active and goes over to Flower Street weekly.

I only hope today's WDI listens to his advice.
He has a remarkable insight and totally understands what it takes to create great experiences

Last edited:

brb1006

Woweee.....

Woweee.....

I hope you won't mind if I spread the word to a different Disney forum site. Because this seriously needs to be heard by the WDW community.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Update: It was later revealed that Star Wars Land at Disneyland will be taking over Big Thunder Ranch and nearby backstage areas to comprise that 14 acres. It will begin construction by the end of 2017. (Source: @DisneylandToday)

Last edited:

Lee

Adventurer
Update: It was later revealed that Star Wars Land at Disneyland will be taking over Big Thunder Ranch and nearby backstage areas to comprise that 14 acres. It will begin construction by the end of 2017. Toontown will not be replaced or affected by Star Wars Land. (Source: @DisneylandToday)
Point me to a direct quote from Disneyland saying Toontown is not involved.
(Not the talking point of "Big Thunder Ranch and backstage areas.")
I've not seen one.

They aren't telling the whole story yet, methinks.;)

lazyboy97o

I've not seen one.

That is an official Disneyland Twitter account, but Disney also said PUSH was staying the day before it left.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I've not seen one.

Apparently I didn't read to closely on the quote. I will fix it.

Lee

Adventurer
That is an official Disneyland Twitter account, but Disney also said PUSH was staying the day before it left.
Exactly.
Lots of people have asked various official accounts. The only response is that same PR line about Big Thunder Ranch and the other areas. No unequivocal denials about Toontown.

I'm sticking with what I've been hearing for months. Sayonara Toontown.

EDIT: Now I see a denial. I remain skeptical.

Figments Friend

I hope you won't mind if I spread the word to a different Disney forum site. Because this seriously needs to be heard by the WDW community.

If you are motivated to do so, feel free.
If are can, share a link so I can take a peek.
;)

It might have been my imagination running away with me, but it was almost like he was suggesting that he was entrusting me with the task when I get back to the East Coast to find a way to make WDW management feel a real need to re-introduce the concepts associated with Dreamfinder and expressed in the original Attraction.
Of course both of us would dearly like to see that happen.

Our exchange on this topic was enlightening, as Tony said no one really understood the scope and impact this Attraction and its characters had until the recent success of the comic series.
That success took them all by surprise, as living on the West Coast it was not registering how important it all was to us die-hard Original JII fans.

I am 100% sure Tony himself has been aware of the importance for a while as his referrence is likely regarding others within the Company who had no clue until now how important this Attraction was to people until the comic series.

So the series is seriously helping make it clear the fans have spoken and the message is finally really being heard.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom