D23 Expo 2015

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Lots of great news today. Glad I was around to read the details as it was very interesting. Much more announced today than most seemed to think was going to happen.

Of course, as expected, it is impossible to please everyone around here....good thing that won't change the excitement of these announcements in my eyes!

lazyboy97o

I'm sure they don't. But I've never heard a single person come back from a week at Disney complaining that there wasn't enough to do. The only people who feel that way are the people who visit a thousand times. A 20 year old show isn't old to most guests because they've only seen it a few times if they only go every 5 to 10 years. The Godfather came put in 1972 and I've seen it a hundred times and still enjoy it every one of them. Who cares if a show is old if it's a GOOD show?
Transit, between and within parks, and waiting occupy far too much time at Walt Disney World. The number of in-park experiences is comparable to the Disneyland Resort and Tokyo Disney Resort, both of which are typically described as being a few days destination.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Transit, between and within parks, and waiting occupy far too much time at Walt Disney World. The number of in-park experiences is comparable to the Disneyland Resort and Tokyo Disney Resort, both of which are typically described as being a few days destination.

Just got back from DL the other week. Amazing parks..nothing really bad to say and I can understand why people prefer DL over WDW. Had a great time. But their in-park experiences are still not on level with WDW (even with the shuttered attractions at DHS). And that doesn't even include the water parks and other out-of-park experiences available.

whiterhino42

I'm thrilled with Star Wars land. I've been a star wars geek since I was little & being able to immerse myself in a land of star wars is a dream come true.
Toy Story land I'm disappointed in. I don't do coasters so that means the alien ride is it for me. I do think they need more than this as the park is gutted right now. I love star tours, Muppets, & midway mania. I go on GMR but wish they would update it some. I don't do rockin rc or tot and most everything else is closing. I'm hoping new shows will come & a phase 2 later.
I don't think anyone who thinks 4 rides won't do it is being negative just honest. This is a great start but I hope it's a start. I will love star wars though.

drew81

A couple thoughts..

According to the presenters at the Avatar presentation, guests wanted to experience Avatar firsthand :rolleyes: (and that's why it was built). I think they left out the part of someone's ego being bruised.

Disney fans at D23 will clap and cheer for about anyone or anything. Iger could be on stage and tell them all they were fumbling idiots and they would all clap and be so happy.

joup7

While i'm not sure that 4 rides is enough, I think we need to keep in mind the expected quality of the rides. A lot of people were expecting something akin to carnival rides for Toy Story Land, so would you rather have 3 carnival style rides or the 2 we got? While I was hoping for 3 Star Wars rides as well, I think the 2 we are getting seem to be of very high quality (well, that we know of anyways, neither are spinners). So I think we should be happy with quality over quantity.

Also, while we don't have a timeline and it might take 6 years, we expected that anyways. And a lot of people on this site had given up hope of anything being announced, let alone details, at D23. So while we didn't get our dreams come true, I think we got a lot more than expected and should be thrilled.

Bairstow

A couple thoughts..

According to the presenters at the Avatar presentation, guests wanted to experience Avatar firsthand :rolleyes: (and that's why it was built). I think they left out the part of someone's ego being bruised.

Disney fans at D23 will clap and cheer for about anyone or anything. Iger could be on stage and tell them all they were fumbling idiots and they would all clap and be so happy.

It's too bad that Disney has its own fan/press convention.
It would be more amusing if all the amusement parks had to do presentations at the same trade show, like E3.
Disney would be competing for attention and space with everyone else, and would try to win everyone over with their offerings.
Then the Universal parks guys go out there on during their presentation and brag that they'll have 7 E-tickets dirt-to-steel by the time Star Wars land opens.
Then Joel Manby from Sea World goes on stage, announces, "$35 for a season pass" and drops the mic.

rioriz

For those asking is this all we get for the DHS let's not jump the gun...new shows, and small attractions are probably still to come but in fluid...kind of like the Pandora boat ride....and we do know MK and Epcot will get a little love...

Smiddimizer

A couple thoughts..

It's pretty telling when a corporate personality such as Bob gets a woot and a holler from the audience.

Figments Friend

A couple thoughts..

I slightly disagree based on my experience at the Expo today.
The hall sure was quiet when the Presentation shifted to talk about 'Frozen' coming to Epcot.
I was there and you could feel the less-then-thrilled attitude in the audience.
I actually enjoyed that....

Figments Friend

Thanks, I suppose thats a very accurate description.

Seems "less than enthusiastic" IMO.

It was.
Read my post above Dave.
It was definitely not something folks in the audience were particularly interested in seeing added to Norway.
The constant reminders during the presentation made it clear there has been some conflict and they felt a need to address it.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom