D23 Expo 2015

yensidtlaw1969

Loud, big, and fast makes an E-Ticket, then? Six Flags is packed to the rafters with E-tickets.
I see the post I responded to has changed since quoting it - that's a nice way to make another poster feel backed into a corner.

Of course there's more to an E-Ticket than JUST loud and fast. Small World is slow and quiet and still and E-Ticket. Rock N' Roller Coaster offers the top-of-the-line experience for that attraction genre in Disney Parks (that genre being gut-busting big thrill roller coasters). It's similar to Disneyland Paris' Space Mountain, which I admit to preferring.

In terms of theme, storytelling and cohesiveness, none of Six Flags' attractions upstage Rock N' Roller Coaster, whether their thrills are bigger or not.

lebeau

Perhaps...but this thread has become way too negative. Some fans just cannot be appeased.

Perhaps I will just put certain members on ignore and be happy with what the parks are getting instead of whining about what could have been.

See, Dusters will always think every thread is too negative. From my point of view, the thread is filled with way too much gushing.

ToTBellHop

I may be misreading, but are you talking about the Slinky coaster? I missed the mention of it being a launching coaster, where did that come from? And as for theming... Extensive? Hardly. It's got a plastic dog face on the cars, and the rest is just an exposed track, like at any Six Flags. Not what comes to mind when I think of an immersive experience, that would more be something like the Tron coaster or Thunder Mountain.
That which surrounds the train car is far more than the cut outs on RnRC. Thus, much more extensive theming.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I may be misreading, but are you talking about the Slinky coaster? I missed the mention of it being a launching coaster, where did that come from? And as for theming... Extensive? Hardly. It's got a plastic dog face on the cars, and the rest is just an exposed track, like at any Six Flags. Not what comes to mind when I think of an immersive experience, that would more be something like the Tron coaster or Thunder Mountain.

This implies that the second lift hill will be a launch.

Capture.JPG

ToTBellHop

I see the post I responded to has changed since quoting it - that's a nice way to make another poster feel backed into a corner.

Of course there's more to an E-Ticket than JUST loud and fast. Small World is slow and quiet and still and E-Ticket. Rock N' Roller Coaster offers the top-of-the-line experience for that attraction genre in Disney Parks (that genre being gut-busting big thrill roller coasters). It's similar to Disneyland Paris' Space Mountain, which I admit to preferring.

In terms of theme, storytelling and cohesiveness, none of Six Flags' attractions upstage Rock N' Roller Coaster, whether their thrills are bigger or not.
With respect, my edits were completed prior to you pushing enter. Thus, there is no "last edited" time. That said, I am not arguing this coaster is an E. I am arguing that it appears to be as well done as RnRC. Not that RnRC is a favorite of mine. But it is very popular.

yensidtlaw1969

That which surrounds the train car is far more than the cut outs on RnRC. Thus, much more extensive theming.
Same can be said for RNR and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. That doesn't mean Dwarfs is an E-Ticket (although I hesitate to use that example, as I recall a large conversation about this when it opened . . . internally, Seven Dwarfs is not regarded as or intended to be an E).

yensidtlaw1969

With respect, my edits were completed prior to you pushing enter. Thus, there is no "last edited" time. That said, I am not arguing this coaster is an E. I am arguing that it appears to be as well done as RnRC. Not that RnRC is a favorite of mine. But it is very popular.
No problem, just a heads up that sometimes people get into trouble for this very reason. I'm sure I've done it too.

Slinky does look like it will be nice. Perhaps as well done as Rock N' Rollercoaster, if very different. I'm sure it will too be popular. I'm excited to see how it develops.

lebeau

Whoa...I'm far from being a "duster" as you seem to imply...but I'm certainly not a "D&G"er either.

Why must one be either one or the other?

Not saying you are or aren't on one side or another. Just pointing out that your perception of the tone of the thread is just that, your perception. Mine differs radically.

BrerJon

Oops, so much time reading the forums, not enough time checking the front page!

Toy Story Land looks a lot better up close, should actually be quite a pleasant space to hang out in, even if there are only two attractions. Slinky looks better than RC, and Aliens looks better than Paris Slinky and Parachutes, so it's better than the existing Toy Story lands, and if the theming is as good as the art implies it should be really fun.

lebeau

Where's the moaning?

I stated that people will complain about everything, they can and they do... There's not even an opinion in that statement.

The sun will also (hopefully) come up in the morning. Every time someone expresses a critical thought it does not require that someone posts the equivalent of "haters gonna hate". Where's the value in summarily dismissing every opinion that doesn't involve fanboi gushing?

ToTBellHop

No problem, just a heads up that sometimes people get into trouble for this very reason. I'm sure I've done it too.

Slinky does look like it will be nice. Perhaps as well done as Rock N' Rollercoaster, if very different. I'm sure it will too be popular. I'm excited to see how it develops.
I think we have one more bona fide E ticket on the way, regardless. The good news is that Toy Story Land, as announced, could open long before any other DHS additions so we don't have to wait five years before we see ANY new additions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom