D23 Expo 2015

TalkingHead

You really are looking for something to complain about aren't you?

The announcement was just made, no details have been forthcoming, yet you are not happy.

Get it a rest.

What's not to know? There's an E-ticket in Cars Land. There's nothing close to that in this Toy Story area.

So, yeah, I'll complain that WDI was selling the two as equivalent.

yensidtlaw1969

Sounds like you need to ignore him since you seem to hate people having opinions on a public forum.
Hate is a strong word, and an incorrect one in this circumstance.

Opinions are great when matters of opinion are being discussed. Suggesting that it is of one's opinion that Star Wars Land will be larger than another poster's approximation is silly. It can just as easily be my opinion that Cinderella Castle is 600 feet tall, but the height of the Castle is not a matter of opinion.

Regardless, there's no need for us to busy the thread with this. JT is on ignore, as he has been, and I shall have to be smart enough to choose not to click "Show Ignored Content". You miss some of the conversation that way, but mostly the parts worth missing.

yensidtlaw1969

Like I said....no details have been released.
I mean . . . it's pretty clear Toy Story Land will not feature an attraction in any way comparable to Radiator Springs Racers. Details of what is coming have yet to be shared, but it's fair to say the comparison between this and Cars Land is not quite even. I agree with you that it sounds like this land should be nice for what it is, but it seems foolish of the company to try to relate it to one of it's most immersive experiences.

ToTBellHop

Yes, because it's one of the loudest, largest, fastest coasters Disney has to offer. Slinky is clearly not meant to ascend so high. Which is fine!

We can all be happy with the attractions the park will be receiving (or unhappy, whichever) without having to believe ones that are not E-Tickets are.
Loud, big, and fast makes an E-Ticket, then? Six Flags is packed to the rafters with E-tickets.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes, because it's one of the loudest, largest, fastest coasters Disney has to offer. Slinky is clearly not meant to ascend so high. Which is fine!

We can all be happy with the attractions the park will be receiving (or unhappy, whichever) without having to believe ones that are not E-Tickets are.
True...all attractions need not be "E" tickets to be popular and crowd eaters.

note2001

What's not to know? There's an E-ticket in Cars Land. There's nothing close to that in this Toy Story area.

So, yeah, I'll complain that WDI was selling the two as equivalent.
I don't think they were trying to equate the two, but rather acknowledged that WDW was lacking in the Pixar presence, and they're trying to fix that. The wording at the start was ... unfortunate.

BrerJon

Is Rock n Roller Coaster an E-Ticket? If not, I agree. If it is, then here we have a launching coaster (not as fast, but that doesn't matter) with more extensive theming.

I may be misreading, but are you talking about the Slinky coaster? I missed the mention of it being a launching coaster, where did that come from? And as for theming... Extensive? Hardly. It's got a plastic dog face on the cars, and the rest is just an exposed track, like at any Six Flags. Not what comes to mind when I think of an immersive experience, that would more be something like the Tron coaster or Thunder Mountain.

ToTBellHop

I don't think they were trying to equate the two, but rather acknowledged that WDW was lacking in the Pixar presence, and they're trying to fix that. The wording at the start was ... unfortunate.
The wording was odd. Star Wars and AVATAR look to be Carsland-calibre, but not this. Still looks very nice, though. Better than the Toy Story I expected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom