D23 Expo 2015

Kamikaze

Lots of confusion between the workers of the convention. The legends ceremony was told to be full to people outside but had lots of empty seats inside. Lines have been cut off earlier than they have needed to be.

Thats because they have to just go by the turnstiles. There is a fire code for that hall.

TP2000

Cmdr_Crimson

Lines, lines, lines and their inability to manage them.
CArHnFpU0AEI85n.jpg:large

Figments Friend

I am here now,in line in a attempt to get a StagePass for the Imagineering panel for today.
It was brutal getting in here this morning.
I knew ahead of time it was going to be crazy...but the warm weather and hot sun made it feel even longer.

I have not read recent posts, but folks here say Johnny Depp is here....or is going to be here.
Great for fans......but for me it's all about Tony Baxter.
He is here too....right now.
Have to find him, so...at ta for now.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

The Orange County Register now has an article up about the huge lines and growing complaints on Twitter. 65,000 people were estimated to attend this year, but it looks like that number was exceeded. People are still waiting to get into the convention center at Noon Pacific Time. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fans-677476-lines-disney.html

It was Hell getting in this morning!
As I had read about previous events, this is nothing new.
Lots of grumpy, hot, Guests around me here at the Expo.

Kamikaze

The Orange County Register now has an article up about the huge lines and growing complaints on Twitter. 65,000 people were estimated to attend this year, but it looks like that number was exceeded. People are still waiting to get into the convention center at Noon Pacific Time. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fans-677476-lines-disney.html

Its not 65,000 people. They are counting each person per-day. The entire ACC has a capacity of around 18000.

TP2000

Here's another new Register article about the lines for people wanting to buy exclusive Disney merchandise. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/dolls-677480-items-line.html

My favorite quote: "Casey Maute from Arkansas said, "We've been waiting in line almost three hours now for the Disney store, and we were in the first 200 people here after the sorcerer level shoppers." She and the people in her group have missed panels and are frustrated knowing some people are only buying souvenirs to scalp later."

But leave it to a Canadian to see the bright side of things: "In her group was Patricia Nixon who came from Canada. She said it was the relationships she has formed in line with people she had never before met that are making it worth it."

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
My favorite quote: "Casey Maute from Arkansas said, "We've been waiting in line almost three hours now for the Disney store, and we were in the first 200 people here after the sorcerer level shoppers." She and the people in her group have missed panels and are frustrated knowing some people are only buying souvenirs to scalp later."
If you wait in line for three hours to buy overpriced Disney crap, then you are an idiot. That is all.

Animaniac93-98

Here's another new Register article about the lines for people wanting to buy exclusive Disney merchandise. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/dolls-677480-items-line.html

But leave it to a Canadian to see the bright side of things: "In her group was Patricia Nixon who came from Canada. She said it was the relationships she has formed in line with people she had never before met that are making it worth it."

Always love it when American media says people are just "from Canada" (instead of any specific city or province...like they would for a US visitor).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom