D23 Expo 2015

TP2000

Its not 65,000 people. They are counting each person per-day. The entire ACC has a capacity of around 18000.

That 18,000 number seems awfully low. The Anaheim Convention Center is the largest on the West Coast and has 1.3 Million square feet. If the capacity is only 18,000 people, that gives each person 70 square feet to inhabit. The capacity of Hall D23 alone up on the third floor is 7,500 people, and Disney is using over 700,000 square feet down on the first floor in the four exhibit halls, plus all the other theaters and ballrooms in use on the second floor, first floor lobbies, etc.

According to the ACC website, the four exhibit halls on the first floor have a combined banquet capacity of 41,700 people or a theater setup capacity of 52,150 people. Plus the 10,000 seat Anaheim Arena attached to the halls, and the 200,000 square feet of ballroom and theater space on the second and third floors. Plus a 72,000 square foot first floor lobby.

I'm not saying they would ever max out every hall and ballroom like that, but even a modest sized convention will pull in 30,000+ people per day. This D23 Expo is upper-middle sized at 65,000 people over three days. The biggest convention Anaheim hosts each year is the NAMM (North American Music Manufacturers) convention. This past January at the '15 NAMM convention they had 95,709 people attend that three day convention. They certainly weren't limiting that huge crowd to only 18,000 allowed in at a time.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

They could always say "from the Canadian territory of Nunavut" or "Nunavut, Canada", but that would take an extra 10 seconds to type.

I mean, if you're going to the trouble of asking people where they're from...
Do you think Chinese media says, "Chris from Delaware" or "Chris, an American"? I am not trying to be argumentative, I just don't think most countries specify the territory of a foreign nation where an individual is from.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I waited nearly 6 hours for overpriced Blizzard crap. Twice. So what does that make me?
What is Blizzard?

Regardless, I'll modify my original statement. If you wait in line for three hours to buy overpriced Disney crap and then cry about it to the media, then you are an idiot. That is all.

the.dreamfinder

D23 tweets of another variety
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/a...rages-followers-to-dress-like-him-117649.html
image.jpg

Image @TheDLGazette
https://twitter.com/AnotherVoiceDIS/status/632267318370766848
"Finding Dory", "Incredibles 2", "Toy Story 4", "Cars 3"
Pixar, where the spirit of Dreamworks Animation lives on.
https://twitter.com/devincf/status/632279605160775680
Feeling a little suffocated at Proctor & Gamble Con.
https://twitter.com/devincf/status/632280095038685184
Headed to the pin trading area of Corporate Cultural Hegemony Fest.

But here's BB-8 so it's all good, right?
image.jpg

Image @slashfilm

TP2000

A few thoughts:
  • How great is it to have all this info and front row photos delivered right to our homes as it happens?!? Thanks @wdwmagic !
  • That $12 an hour plaid vest Disneyland CM next to George Lucas looks ticked off. Is that the same cranky handler that told @RSoxNo1 "Sir, please don't" in Cars Land yesterday? The kid needs to cheer up a bit and realize he just works in a theme park.
  • Middle aged guy with blue necktie and creepy facial hair, who is that? Anyone we are supposed to know, or just a hangers-on? I ask because I like his sport coat.
  • And again, how great is this thread?!? Seriously.

Last edited:

hopemax

If you wait in line for three hours to buy overpriced Disney crap, then you are an idiot. That is all.

The sad fact is that people can make more money selling said crap, than they could earn working at a job. And they've figured that out. Many of the pins sold at the WDI popup store, Disney Store booth or the dream store range from $50-$200 that originally cost $15 or less. And there are probably a couple dozen styles, so even if you only can buy 1 pin of each style. 30 pins with a markup of $50 = $1500 cold hard cash.

And now you also know why they have no problem selling the Sorcerer Package for $2000.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A few thoughts:
  • How great is it to have all this info and front row photos delivered right to our homes as it happens?!? Thanks @wdwmagic !
  • That $12 an hour plaid vest Disneyland CM next to George Lucas looks ticked off. Is that the same cranky handler that told @RSoxNo1 "Sir, please don't" in Cars Land yesterday? The kid needs to cheer up a bit and realize he just works in a theme park.
  • Middle aged guy with creepy facial hair, who is that? Anyone we are supposed to know, or just a hangers-on? I ask because I like his sport coat.
  • And again, how great is this thread?!? Seriously.

Animator Andreas Deja

650x366

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom