D23 Expo 2015

worldfanatic

sometimes it's so much better to just absorb the news from the internet in the comfort of your own home :cool:

That's how I feel.
I live 95 miles from DLR, am a complete Disney freak, but have never seriously considered attending the Expo in person.
Not that I blame anybody who enjoys attending, I'm sure it's very fun for them.
But I'd much rather soak up the info from my couch.
(I'll be in Anaheim for 3 nights next week after the Expo MADNESS has cleared)
I love being in the Parks and watching the Movies, not so much "learning" what's gonna eventually be in the Parks and Movies.

But to each his own. I glad Disney generates so much passion from so many people.

Brian Swan

I am with you, and I'm not old. If it is important for me to see, write it down. I also hate how much content from news agencies is now in video form. Sometimes I'm in a meeting not paying attention and don't have the luxury of listening to something. Also, I like to skim and not have to listen to some blowhard pontificating endlessly for 45 minutes about information that could be written in two paragraphs.
I have a 45 min commute each way to work, so podcasts serve as a nice diversion from the tedium of NPR just reporting the same story over and over agin, reported differently. But I DO hate that so much of internrt "news" is video clips designed for the short attention span crowd. Yes, sometimes a video is worth a thousand words - but not when it's just a ralking head.

Brian Swan

Sounds like the normal situation for every convention Ive ever been to in Anaheim. I think it may be the venue more than the organizers..

Also...george lucas is at the legends panel..place went ape-poop apparently.
I've been to 2 events at the ACC and it sounds about the same. At least mine were in Feb and May, so the heat wasn't an issue...

TP2000

As much as I would love to attend D23 someday, sometimes it's so much better to just absorb the news from the internet in the comfort of your own home :cool:

Bingo! I live 20 minutes away from the Anaheim Convention Center, but there's no way you could get me to be at Rope Drop on Day 1 of D23 Expo. It's just a drama-filled horde of people all trying to get their little piece of carpet to stand on in an exhibit hall. I'm a Silver Member! I'm a Gold Member! I flew in from New Jersey! It's August, they should give us water! :rolleyes:

I will enjoy all the streaming videos and information for the next 48 hours, and it all arrives here in my den about 2 minutes after it's announced in a convention center venue.

But I will wait until Sunday afternoon to actually visit the Expo, like I always do. I will drive over in the early afternoon, stroll right in like a dignified human, and wander the exhibit halls for about two hours looking at only the coolest stuff. Then I go home.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Bingo! I live 20 minutes away from the Anaheim Convention Center, but there's no way you could get me to be at Rope Drop on Day 1 of D23 Expo. It's just a drama-filled horde of people all trying to get their little piece of carpet to stand on in an exhibit hall. I'm a Silver Member! I'm a Gold Member! I flew in from New Jersey! It's August, they should give us water! :rolleyes:

I will enjoy all the streaming videos and information for the next 48 hours, and it all arrives here in my den about 2 minutes after it's announced in a convention center venue.

But I will wait until Sunday afternoon to actually visit the Expo, like I always do. I will drive over in the early afternoon, stroll right in like a dignified human, and wander the exhibit halls for about two hours looking at only the coolest stuff. Then I go home.
That is definitely how I would want to do it. Being the first through the doors, first to tweet a hundred pictures, first to fill bags full of merchandise - isn't for me.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Is there more in terms of Pandora for AK besides the model of the land and the blue alien? Are any of the attractions identified on the model?

NowInc

That is definitely how I would want to do it. Being the first through the doors, first to tweet a hundred pictures, first to fill bags full of merchandise - isn't for me.

The whole event is hugely stressful unless you buy in to the 2k sorcerers package. Just seeing all the aggravation tweeted today has confirmed that I will never attend.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The whole event is hugely stressful unless you buy in to the 2k sorcerers package. Just seeing all the aggravation tweeted today has confirmed that I will never attend.
What has been the main complaints today? I haven't been following Twitter.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there more in terms of Pandora for AK besides the model of the land and the blue alien? Are any of the attractions identified on the model?
Nope. There is the model, the Navi figure, a couple of small sculptures of some Pandora wildlife, and a some concept art that we have seen previously.

Rteetz

What has been the main complaints today? I haven't been following Twitter.
Lots of confusion between the workers of the convention. The legends ceremony was told to be full to people outside but had lots of empty seats inside. Lines have been cut off earlier than they have needed to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom