D23 Expo 2015

note2001

My favorite pic so far... Joe and John (credit to DIS) (I wonder how he feels about seeing his closet on public display)

CMYbJ7kUEAA5aXf.jpg

prberk

Gold and silver line still not hardly moving. Throngs of people standing in my line in direct sunlight, with high of 96 today (currently 80) and heat advisories on the news. The arena for the 10:00 show (which I can see into because we are wrapped around all the way to it, from the main entrance to the hall a block away) still empty. And vendors, water, or anything for us. This makes no sense at all, from a planning perspective nor a safety and heat perspective. Not understanding this at all. We may not be gold members, but we still paid over $50 a day to attend.

note2001

Regarding the Pandora model, I just realized that the model has sections of bioluminescence to give an idea of what this looks like at night.
How cool would it be to have an imagineer (Joe's the one to trust) use his phone to record the main path in on that model holding the lens at about the height a mouse would view it?

PhotoDave219

Gold and silver line still not hardly moving. Throngs of people standing in my line in direct sunlight, with high of 96 today (currently 80) and heat advisories on the news. The arena for the 10:00 show (which I can see into because we are wrapped around all the way to it, from the main entrance to the hall a block away) still empty. And vendors, water, or anything for us. This makes no sense at all, from a planning perspective nor a safety and heat perspective. Not understanding this at all. We may not be gold members, but we still paid over $50 a day to attend.

I'm really sorry to hear this.

ToTBellHop

What a cluster. Sorry. Hopefully it improves as the weekend goes on.

drew81

Sounds like Villains Unleashed.

prberk

I just went inside a door to the arena and of course they told me I could not come in, and I let someone in a suit have it, not about me but about the heat and thousands of people sweltering while a perfectly good building was available. They said they were sorry, but no one could come in yet. I went back out, and a few minutes later the gold line started moving again, and I saw them set up a table inside the window. We still stand in direct sunlight. It is now 10:02.

I have never heard of a major event or even a concert where the door opened to general admission ticket holders at the time the event started.

In Richmond we have a NASCAR track that opens hours before the event, with plenty of water stations, paramedics, and food vendors already in place for the people waiting. None of that available to us here. Just temps in the 80s and direct sunlight.

NowInc

Sounds like the normal situation for every convention Ive ever been to in Anaheim. I think it may be the venue more than the organizers..

Also...george lucas is at the legends panel..place went ape-poop apparently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom