D23 Expo 2015

Captain Neo

Seeing George Lucas walking through Cars Land on D23 Expo Eve is pretty darn cool, but I can top that. ;)

I was sitting in Anaheim's Umami Burger nursing a bacon-bourbon Old Fashioned earlier this evening, when I felt a certain Spirit nearby. And in walks the Spirit himself, @WDW1974! Not only that, he had Angie M with him, who is just as lovely and charming as she is smart. A fun and insightful evening was had by all on this warm D23 Expo Eve, and the Spirit proved to be everything and more that I'd assumed he was.

There's something different about this D23 Expo, you can feel it in the air here. There seems to be more celebrities, more movers and shakers, and more of the smart set in Anaheim for this one. @WDW1974 obviously knows where the action is, and this week it's in Anaheim.

Is @WDW1974 going to be at the expo tomorrow? I'd love to meet him even if only briefly to say hello.

Dude does Gods work as far as I'm concerned

Figments Friend

You've arrived right as the first real heatwave of the summer sets in around SoCal, so I hope you're doing okay as you explore the parks before D23 Expo begins! But let's say it all together now... "But it's a dry heat." :cool:

Thank you for the warm sentiments, TP.
I am doing fine so far...just tired after a long day and late night in the Park.
i did a lot better in the heat then a lot of people I saw today there, but then again I DID live in Florida for three and a half years.
I can take any type of heat now after that!

My touring habits change when it comes to the heat index.
I hit certain Attractions only and avoid ones that have sweltering queues to limit the sun exposure. I will go to them in the evening when things have cooled off.
Cutting through the Main Street shops helps keep you cool too, as well as getting lots a free ice water over at Rancho.
I didn't even do and of the water rides to cool off....avoided those as I assumed they would be packed.

Great day in the Park by the way....the hours were extended due to the likely influx of Expo attendees.
So I scored an extra hour+ of Park time.
:)

Figments Friend

I was walking into Cars Land today and walked past George Lucas. As soon as I took my phone out his handler said, "Sir, please don't". I can only assume they were ushering him off to a backstage area. No one else was around.
George was there Wednesday night as well, taking in a showing of Paint The Night.
I saw a photo late last night elsewhere of him sitting in the audience enjoying it all.
Pretty cool to hear he also spent a day at DCA the next day.

Lynn Stephens

George was there Wednesday night as well, taking in a showing of Paint The Night.
I saw a photo late last night elsewhere of him sitting in the audience enjoying it all.
Pretty cool to hear he also spent a day at DCA the next day.
Well of course he did, that's where they are placing Star Wars Land! (kidding...)

gmajew

I don't want to leave the boards today in case I miss something... Better get my work done early so when it kicks off I can just lurk on the boards all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom