D23 Anniversary Party at WDW

EPCOT Explorer

There will probably be something "revolutionary" there- like an annoucement that you hear first. When you're older you can say "Oh, I was there when they announced that." Pretty cool thing to say.

And- I'd think if you were a major fan then you would be interested in this event, that's all. It seems pretty awesome from my perspective at least.

Here, since this is directed at me, I'll break my silence for a post...

If there's information there that's announced first, I'll be very surprised, pleased, and happy. It would be a step forward. Don't think it's going to be, and also I don't consider information released a "historic"*, like you are implying, event.

And IF I was a major fan? If? I AM a major fan. Just because I do not like the current state of D23 or think an event put out by them is less than stellar has nothing to do with my "Fandom" or "Fanship". I HATE that part of the PR and the "official-ness" of being a "Fan" that D23 markets. You CAN NOT label that, IMHO. :lol: You can market to that, you can work with that demogrpraphic, but try to contain it by what you like and don't like? What you buy into and don't buy into? Heck no. :lol: Not possible. I am a fan of Disney no mater what I buy, what I like, whatever I do. That's all thought. Can't sell or label that. Ever.

EPCOT Explorer

So this has nothing to do with the "value" of a D23 event specifically, but the value of what Disney charges for anything? $33.01 is the going rate for dinner at Boma and $19.95 is what DisneyShopping.com charges for the D23 silver logo pin. But you don't think "food" is worth that and $19.95 is "way too much for a pin"? So you've never eaten at Boma? Never purchased Disney merchandise at face value? :rolleyes:

The price of travel is not a factor, Disney does what Disney does at their venues. If someone chooses to travel to attend, that cost is not part of the Disney offering, it is an individual choice. Just as I didn't factor in shipping charges from DisneyShopping.com, those charges are part of the business of doing business. My comparison is based solely on the actual in-park event as it would be experienced by someone with an AP due to expire at the time mine is, whether they live a ten-minute drive or a 6-hour flight away and the actual posted value of the clearly identified items that will be part of the package.

And I didn't say PhilharMagic is exclusive, I said that included in the remaining $2.10 that the event was costing over and above the predefined, costed items was an exclusive showing of PhilharMagic for the attendees. The distinction is not lost on me.

In my opinion, which you so graciously afford we are allowed to share here, you dislike D23 because it is currently out of your reach. You admit you'd like to join, but you then rationalize your not being able to readily afford it by denigrating it at every opportunity. But of course, that's just my opinion... :animwink:
Same thing, cost is related to value to me.

D23 isn't out of my reach in anyway. If I thought the cost was worth the value, I'd be in. Don't assume what I can and can't afford. :wave:

All I'm saying for now.

WDW Vacationer

If there's information there that's announced first, I'll be very surprised, pleased, and happy. It would be a step forward. Don't think it's going to be, and also I don't consider information released a "historic"*, like you are implying, event.

And IF I was a major fan? If? I AM a major fan. Just because I do not like the current state of D23 or think an event put out by them is less than stellar has nothing to do with my "Fandom" or "Fanship". I HATE that part of the PR and the "official-ness" of being a "Fan" that D23 markets. You CAN NOT label that, IMHO. :lol: You can market to that, you can work with that demogrpraphic, but try to contain it by what you like and don't like? What you buy into and don't buy into? Heck no. :lol: Not possible. I am a fan of Disney no mater what I buy, what I like, whatever I do. That's all thought. Can't sell or label that. Ever.

I totally agree with the last paragraph. Can we agree that it is an unnecessary supplement to the "fandom" or "fanship"?:shrug:

_Scar

I never said you weren't a major fan or implied it. I know you are a fan, so I'm just a little surprised you wouldn't be interested in this- that's all.

EPCOT Explorer

I totally agree with the last paragraph. Can we agree that it is an unnecessary supplement to the "fandom" or "fanship"?:shrug:
Thank you. :)
I never said you weren't a major fan or implied it. I know you are a fan, so I'm just a little surprised you wouldn't be interested in this- that's all.
Understood.
Come on guys...can we please discus the event and not the D23 club itself....

Yes, I agree, and I apologize if I disrupted anything. Just in my nature to be a writer and a talker.

Event looks like fun.

NewfieFan

Well, I guess I'm kicked out of the D64 club now...:lookaroun

I jumped ship!

At first I didn't really see the value of D23 for me. The chance of me attending one of these events was somewhere between slim and nil. Maybe if I lived in the US I would sign up just to get the magazine but the cost of shipping to Canada is outragous! :eek:

Then this party was announced... and I just happen to be traveling at the same time. Now D23 had some value to me! An event like this doesn't come along every day. The chance to attend an "exclusive" party is exciting for me. I joined D23 in hopes to purchase tickets just for this event... that's how attractive this event was to me!

Well, I was lucky... I did score tickets! Frankly, I think it's worth every dollar. I don't have high expectations for the event but I do plan to enjoy myself. This may be the one and only "event" for me!?!

For those of you who don't see the value... that's fine! Then this is not the event or club for you. For those of you who do see the value in this event... great! And for those who managed to get tickets... have a great party!!! :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Well, I guess I'm kicked out of the D64 club now...:lookaroun

I jumped ship!

At first I didn't really see the value of D23 for me. The chance of me attending one of these events was somewhere between slim and nil. Maybe if I lived in the US I would sign up just to get the magazine but the cost of shipping to Canada is outragous! :eek:

Then this party was announced... and I just happen to be traveling at the same time. Now D23 had some value to me! An event like this doesn't come along every day. The chance to attend an "exclusive" party is exciting for me. I joined D23 in hopes to purchase tickets just for this event... that's how attractive this event was to me!

Well, I was lucky... I did score tickets! Frankly, I think it's worth every dollar. I don't have high expectations for the event but I do plan to enjoy myself. This may be the one and only "event" for me!?!

For those of you who don't see the value... that's fine! Then this is not the event or club for you. For those of you who do see the value in this event... great! And for those who managed to get tickets... have a great party!!! :wave:
Nah, not at all. :) Happy you found value in it.

_Scar

I think I will SAVE my money and save up and pay for my families Keys to the Kingdom tour... any objections? Does the tour suck?

BigRedDad

Well, this is the first I saw of this party. I was getting ready to renew the membership for my DD. Then, I see it is $140 per person. That would be $75 + $140 + $140 = $355 for a little party? I guess there is no need to renew this membership. This is Disney at its finest to suck more people out of their money.

SoccerMickey

I think I will SAVE my money and save up and pay for my families Keys to the Kingdom tour... any objections? Does the tour suck?

Pay the extra money for Backstage Magic or do the steam train tour, the Epcot Segway Tour, Backstage Safari, or Holiday Around the World(when that one is offered). I would stay away from Keys due to many of the "facts" the tour guides tell are untrue or one person's opinions they have been told so many times they have become true. It is a frustrating tour for a disney fan because it downplays the history, in a lot of ways, and it becomes a living press release for what is there now.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well, this is the first I saw of this party. I was getting ready to renew the membership for my DD. Then, I see it is $140 per person. That would be $75 + $140 + $140 = $355 for a little party? I guess there is no need to renew this membership. This is Disney at its finest to suck more people out of their money.
Only if you got absolutely nothing for the $75 membership fee :rolleyes:. Those four magazines per year have a value.

If you don't want to pay $140 for "a little party", no-one's forcing you to.

SoccerMickey

There have been two posters on this thread saying how they were unable to score tickets to the event but are now saying they have tix. Did more open up or do you have fairy godmothers willing to lend a helping wand?

NewfieFan

There have been two posters on this thread saying how they were unable to score tickets to the event but are now saying they have tix. Did more open up or do you have fairy godmothers willing to lend a helping wand?

If you're refering to me (and I'm not sure if you are or not)... I got tickets right at the beginning. If you're refering to the smiley crying I posted under MontyMon's post... I was crying for Monty not myself.

And I might just be a Fairy Godmother too! :animwink:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Interestingly, the Disneyland party tickets have been available for a few days now and are still not sold out.

I guess not having dinner included increases the capacity of the event a lot. Or the DLers are getting bored with D23 events since they have so many? :lol:

In answer to the earlier question, I didn't manage to get a ticket when they were on sale, but my Fairy Godmother :D bought an extra ticket for someone who didn't think they could get their own but did. D23 was contacted and the extra ticket was switched over to my name as her guest. Otherwise the guest with two tickets in his name would have been stuck. The tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, but presumably you can change you name on a guest's ticket if you contact them quickly.

So I'll be going after all! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom