Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

peng

Yep. The Mary Poppins ride would have worked wonders.

Actually I changed my mind. That was only supposed to be a spinner. And while I'm a guy that doesn't necessarily mind an occasional flat ride, for a film as legendary as Mary Poppins, you needed to incorporate Tony Baxter's original idea into that space. So in a sense, I'm glad it got shelved, hoping they can deliver on something better.

But yes, in general, more rides in World Showcase would be amazing. And they have the room.
A poppins flat should have been a carousel, it would have probably been cheaper to build and get one, only real work would be making the horses look like the ones from the first movie and putting the scenes in the top with stuff from both movies. It could have been done on the cheap and it would have been thematically good. Also found it dumb that there was a stupidly elaborate queue for said spinner, people are drawn to things moving, if it was going to be a flat, just do the exteriors of cherry tree lane around it, instead of a walkthrough to a disappointing ride. Besides, if disney wants to add stuff to world showcase cheaply, flats would have worked well, people would be mad, but it would be better than what was added (ratatouille).

Anyways, feel we have an idea of what the parks panel will be (South America land details, Beyond Big Thunder gets a vague update and announcements of various entertainment refreshes) and a gaming segment that people will probably watching for KH4 news and nothing else (like how the fortnite fanbase hates the disney stuff being added to the game). The night time parade thing feels like something that will be cut last minute and I have learned from the 2022 D23 to set my expectations at the rock bottom. I also feel that unless it randomly appears the blue sky segments that Disney wants to force as a tradition, we won't be seeing any Epcot updates.

TheRealSkull

A poppins flat should have been a carousel, it would have probably been cheaper to build and get one, only real work would be making the horses look like the ones from the first movie and putting the scenes in the top with stuff from both movies. It could have been done on the cheap and it would have been thematically good. Also found it dumb that there was a stupidly elaborate queue for said spinner, people are drawn to things moving, if it was going to be a flat, just do the exteriors of cherry tree lane around it, instead of a walkthrough to a disappointing ride. Besides, if disney wants to add stuff to world showcase cheaply, flats would have worked well, people would be mad, but it would be better than what was added (ratatouille).

Anyways, feel we have an idea of what the parks panel will be (South America land details, Beyond Big Thunder gets a vague update and announcements of various entertainment refreshes) and a gaming segment that people will probably watching for KH4 news and nothing else (like how the fortnite fanbase hates the disney stuff being added to the game). The night time parade thing feels like something that will be cut last minute and I have learned from the 2022 D23 to set my expectations at the rock bottom. I also feel that unless it randomly appears the blue sky segments that Disney wants to force as a tradition, we won't be seeing any Epcot updates.
I know we learned from D23 2022 and a little from 2019 but...

I think they got some big stuff planned. Even if it's mostly confirmations of existing rumors, we should be hopeful, especially since the parks panel will be housed in a gigantic venue.

Also Chapek is gone woooo...

TheRealSkull

Smuggler Run is probably a D ticket, fwiw.
I think people are undermining it due to it's lack of variety. No new missions have been added.

Also I went on it twice last week and there were a couple lags during each of the rides. Was very noticable. Time for a refurb.

Hey! Just another thing to announce at D23 eh?

James Alucobond

No flats in WS please and thank you.

They need to revive the busbar option they had for the Mary Poppins ride and go ahead and do it.
I mean … Part of the reason EPCOT, HS, and AK all feel underbuilt is because they have, like, two B attractions between them. I suppose one path forward is to continue down that road, but I personally wouldn’t be mad if a couple were added to each park.

Andrew25

What board are you looking at?
Again, Disney can always surprise us with stupid decisions, but Iger himself has signaled the need to boost park capacity.

Orlando has hit a price ceiling, evident by BOTH WDW/UOR resorts seeing minor attendance declines AND increased promotional offers for this year. If Disney wants to continue offering investors (and the board) increased revenue YoY from the parks division, the only other option is to draw more guests into the parks with new experiences.

eddie104

Again, Disney can always surprise us with stupid decisions, but Iger himself has signaled the need to boost park capacity.

Orlando has hit a price ceiling, evident by BOTH WDW/UOR resorts seeing minor attendance declines AND increased promotional offers for this year. If Disney wants to continue offering investors (and the board) increased revenue YoY from the parks division, the only other option is to draw more guests into the parks with new experiences.
He knows that but just being obtuse and a contrarian.

It’s very evident he doesn’t care for Disney like that and is going to make that known every post.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

There’s been zero indication from Burbank they get it…

They’ll wait it out and hope for a comeback.

It’s one of the problems with a board with zero entertainment experience and an egomaniac head with a parachute strapped to his back

eddie104

There’s been zero indication from Burbank they get it…

They’ll wait it out and hope for a comeback.

It’s one of the problems with a board with zero entertainment experience and an egomaniac head with a parachute strapped to his back
Are you a board member now?

When did you get hired by Disney and do you attend every meeting?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom