Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

eddie104

There has been absolutely ZERO guarantees of attractions

“Investment” that is as ambiguous as every lie Bob breat
hes.

The monorail JOKE was about infrastructure. Which will fall into investment category.

Attractions will come…but we don’t know at what level and more importantly…what pace.

Their park strategy has been mostly “close and replace”…which is exactly what is being speculated at DAK right now. That maintains “inflated demand”
Why would that matter to them? Hmmmm?🤔

So let’s see it? I welcome all good capex.
Do you have a personal vendetta against that man or something?

Surferboy567

The parks presentation will be on 8/10 at 7pm correct? Well 10pm for those watching on the east coast.

Hasn’t all previous D23 park presentations been earlier in the day?
Doors for the Honda Center will open two (2) hours prior to each presentation start time:
• Disney Entertainment Showcase: Friday, August 9, at 7 p.m. (doors at 5 p.m.)
• Disney Experiences Showcase: Saturday, August 10, at 7 p.m. (doors at 5 p.m.)
• Disney Legends Ceremony: Sunday, August 11, at 5 p.m. (doors at 3 p.m.)

All major panel times in PST. I’m an east coaster but will (hopefully) be attending.

Ichabod Crane

Decided to make a list of some of the current rumors out there and rate them on my view of the likelihood of a D23 announcement on a scale of 1-5. These can and will change anytime before the panel.

1 - Don’t count on it
2 - Best we’ll get is blue sky art
3 - Wild card
4 - Currently confident but could be dropped anytime prior
5 - Near certainty

Animal Kingdom:
Tropics details (5/5)
Lion King boat ride (3/5)
Night time show (3/5)
Pandora expansion (1/5)

Hollywood Studios:
Launch Bay expansion (2/5)
But specifically for:
Cars - (1/5)
Zootopia - (1/5)

Epcot:
Figment redo (2/5)
Spaceship Earth renovation (3/5)
Test Track details (5/5)

Magic Kingdom
Moana flume (4/5)
BBT phase one (RSR or Coco) (4/5)
Big Thunder renovation (5/5)
Villains land/BBT phase 2 (2/5)
Night time parade (4/5)

Surferboy567

Decided to make a list of some of the current rumors out there and rate them on my view of the likelihood of a D23 announcement on a scale of 1-5. These can and will change anytime before the panel.

1 - Don’t count on it
3 - Wild card
5 - Near certainty

Animal Kingdom:
Tropics details (5/5)
Night time show (3/5)
Pandora expansion (1/5)

Hollywood Studios:
But specifically for:
Cars - (1/5)
Zootopia - (1/5)

Epcot:
Figment redo (2/5)
Test Track details (5/5)

Magic Kingdom
Moana flume (4/5)
Night time parade (4/5)
That’s a solid list actually. I don’t disagree with anything really. Maybe bump the lion king to a 4 but that’s about it. Even when I think about it a 3 isn’t a bad score.

I’d also bump the chances of more avatar to a 2. It’s a 5/5 if we are talking about Disneyland.

Ichabod Crane

That’s a solid list actually. I don’t disagree with anything really. Maybe bump the lion king to a 4 but that’s about it. Even when I think about it a 3 isn’t a bad score.

I’d also bump the chances of more avatar to a 2. It’s a 5/5 if we are talking about Disneyland.
LK is tough cause I either think it’ll happen or it won’t with no in between so I went with a 3. 4’s are things that at the moment I’m confident will happen but not confident enough to call them near certain cause I think they’re susceptible to being dropped between now and the panel for one reason or another.

I stuck avatar at 1 for AK because it’s either gonna be LK or Avatar and right now I’m firmly in the LK camp. But yeah in DL’a case Pandora is a 5.

C33Mom

I don’t really follow Disneyland stuff much, is that Avengers ride still happening?

I heard awhile back their Many Adventures of Pooh ride was in danger but that might’ve been if Disneyland Forward got rejected/never true to begin with.
I don’t either, though someone mentioned an Avengers ride based on Shanghai PotC on another thread recently. I was hoping they’d get at least a couple rides committed now that Disneyland Forward has been approved…but it wouldn’t surprise if a lot of the initial DF spend is mostly infrastructure.

doctornick

1 - Don’t count on it
3 - Wild card
5 - Near certainty

Animal Kingdom:
Tropics details (5/5)
Night time show (3/5)
Pandora expansion (1/5)

Hollywood Studios:
But specifically for:
Cars - (1/5)
Zootopia - (1/5)

Epcot:
Figment redo (2/5)
Test Track details (5/5)

Magic Kingdom
Moana flume (4/5)
Night time parade (4/5)
The Zootopia show in the ToL at DAK could be on the docket as well… if it is still happening

Homemade Imagineering

Announcing a Figment redo & Peoplemover return for the west coast fans in the same presentation is a smart move after TBA’s lukewarm reception. They’d win back alot more trust from a decent percentage of the fanbase, including those who are eyeing Universal & Epic. Can’t say any of it’s likely but from a business standpoint, this is the right time to commit to those projects

In the Parks
No
Announcing a Figment redo & Peoplemover return for the west coast fans in the same presentation is a smart move after TBA’s lukewarm reception. They’d win back alot more trust from a decent percentage of the fanbase, including those who are eyeing Universal & Epic. Can’t say any of it’s likely but from a business standpoint, this is the right time to commit to those projects
Have there been any recent rumblings on a PeopleMover for DL? I haven't heard anything like that in a VERY long time from anyone.

Homemade Imagineering

Have there been any recent rumblings on a PeopleMover for DL? I haven't heard anything like that in a VERY long time from anyone.
See that’s a strange one, because it was almost certainly planned as an announcement last D23 & according to insiders was cut at the very last minute. They’ve clearly had plans to address both in the past as sources have claimed time & time again. At this point it’s simply a matter of when either is addressed, one can only hope they’re seeing this through the same wavelength we are

bwr827

Magic Kingdom
Moana flume (4/5)
Night time parade (4/5)
Maybe you can help me understand… are there different kinds of flume rides? Surely they’re not planning a second Tiana’s at MK but themed to Moana?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom